PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Delaware

SallyT
02-03-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm Sally:wave2: and I've been to WDW about 23 times in the last 20 years. I've a tripped planned for June and fingers crossed, I get to go. The old car is biting the dust and as much as I'd love to just let her "go", I do need to a means of getting to work at 5am. So I can continue with the Disney habit.

I don't have kids of my own. My neice went with me for years. She was 4 when I first took her. She fell in love with he movie Disneyland Fun. She was 16 the last time I took her, although she has continued to travel to Disney every year and is now 21. I've been taking my neice Kirsta since she was 3, she is now 8. She also fell in love with the movie Disneyland Fun.

Besides Disney, I love to sew. But it's usually Disney related outfits.

Looking forward to seeing you all around the boards.

Beccaberry
02-03-2009, 01:11 AM
:secrets2:

I look forward to hearing all your wonderful advice and anecdotes!

keith
02-03-2009, 01:12 AM
WELCOME TO DISNEY SECRETS

Great to meet another Disney addict :D Please do feel free to jump into the messages :yes:

:10:

Johnie
02-03-2009, 01:14 AM
:rainbowwelcome:

Tinker
02-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Welcome to Disney Secrets Sally . Look forward to hearing your adventures .

lisaw
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
:secrets3: Sally!

Wendy
02-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Sally and :secrets2:

Looking forward to talking with you :D

Claire
02-03-2009, 11:21 AM
:hello1: Sally! I'm looking forward to hearing 20 years worth of Disney memories. :yes:

Skywatcher
02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
:wave:

well hello do make yourself at home :D

Dizneyblonde
02-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi Sally and welcome!

MystikPiglit
02-03-2009, 12:58 PM
:wave:Hello there, Sally. You sound like a great Auntie. :thumbsup:

Tink
02-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Welcome Sally! I just know you are going to love being here, and we are so going to love having you join our membership! :yes:

You will be amazed at how much you can help folks plan their Disney visits. :yes: All of your experience will go a long way toward making other folks visits magical. :yes:

Do you have any photos of some of your sewing creations? :D :D (You'll soon learn that I am the photo beggar. I want to see a photo of nearly everything)! :D :D

Taja
02-03-2009, 02:49 PM

Welcome to Disney Secrets, Sally! It's going to be great fun picking your brain and learning some of your WDW secrets! :D

And you sew! :dance: I feel like the Lone Ranger around here! Everyone seems to do wonderful scrapbooking and cardmaking--not to mention creating incredible food--but most of our members don't sew. I don't do much Disney related sewing, but am hoping to change that a bit since Abi (my cousin's daughter who is 16 months old) is mobile and steadier on her feet now! :lol:

mumof2
02-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi Sally! :wave:

Isafari
02-03-2009, 05:03 PM
:hello1: and welcome to Secrets.

SallyT
02-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the welcome. :hug2: I love seeing the UK addys. That is my other love. I've been working on my family tree as my Grandfather came to the US when he was 18 from England. He passed when my mother was a Teen and we don't have knowledge of our English family. So I've been working on our tree to see what I can find in relatives both past and present.

Looking forward to reading the threads.

kazzaqld
02-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Thank you for the welcome. :hug2: I love seeing the UK addys. That is my other love. I've been working on my family tree as my Grandfather came to the US when he was 18 from England. He passed when my mother was a Teen and we don't have knowledge of our English family. So I've been working on our tree to see what I can find in relatives both past and present.

Looking forward to reading the threads.

Hey Sally :18:

Now that's my other obsession! I have been researching my family tree for 15 years now!

I'd love to help you with that!

Maybe start a thread in the Hobbies section and I'll see what I can do!

(Much of my tree is from England too!)

Look forward to chatting with you!

Britchick
02-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi Sally and :welcome: to secrets

SallyT
02-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Welcome Sally! I just know you are going to love being here, and we are so going to love having you join our membership! :yes:

Do you have any photos of some of your sewing creations? :D :D (You'll soon learn that I am the photo beggar. I want to see a photo of nearly everything)! :D :D

I've loads of pictures. I just need to figure out how to do pictures here. In the meantime, here are some pictures I have on Photobucket. http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk306/Sally19805/

Welcome to Disney Secrets, Sally! It's going to be great fun picking your brain and learning some of your WDW secrets! :D

And you sew! :dance: I feel like the Lone Ranger around here! Everyone seems to do wonderful scrapbooking and cardmaking--not to mention creating incredible food--but most of our members don't sew. I don't do much Disney related sewing, but am hoping to change that a bit since Abi (my cousin's daughter who is 16 months old) is mobile and steadier on her feet now! :lol:

I belong to another Disney board and boy can we talk sewing. We even have this man that makes the most amazing creations!! You can't miss a day or you get so far behind you can't keep up!!

Hey Sally :18:

Now that's my other obsession! I have been researching my family tree for 15 years now!

I'd love to help you with that!

Maybe start a thread in the Hobbies section and I'll see what I can do!

(Much of my tree is from England too!)

Look forward to chatting with you!

Oh that would be fun. I love looking into the history. It is as addictive as Disney.

Taja
02-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I've loads of pictures. I just need to figure out how to do pictures here. In the meantime, here are some pictures I have on Photobucket. http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk306/Sally19805/

I belong to another Disney board and boy can we talk sewing. We even have this man that makes the most amazing creations!! You can't miss a day or you get so far behind you can't keep up!!

Oh that would be fun. I love looking into the history. It is as addictive as Disney.

Ahhhh! I know that thread--or threads! :lol: I can't remember the gentleman's name, but he makes wonderful creatons for his DD. :thumbsup:

I couldn't keep up with it--I work far too much! :rolleyes:

Tink
02-03-2009, 10:05 PM
I couldn't quite follow the photobucket site. :unsure:

Posting photos here isn't too tricky, just a little. Go to advanced, then use the Manage attachments button. It will bring up another window where you can select photos to post. :yes:

If you would like better directions on how to do that (as these are about as sketchy at they get! :eek: ) post a thread to the Technical forum and someone will pop along and give you really useful help! :D

SallyT
02-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Okay, let me try a few this way. But I need to go back and turn some pictures around I think.

Johnie
03-03-2009, 12:50 AM
oh wow! You made those?? That is awesome.

Tink
03-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Your children have no idea how very lucky they are to have a Mom with such talent! :yes: Beautiful work. Thank you for showing us! :yes: