PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson

Claire
05-03-2009, 07:07 PM
So the announcement has, well, been announced. 10 dates for London. The last apparently. Anyone going to try and see him?

I, strangely, don't have a good feeling about it. Can't put my finger on it. Just not sure he can recapture the good old days.

Dawn
05-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I saw him at Wembley on the Bad tour. I'd like to preserve that memory so no, I won't be trying for tickets.

Wendy
05-03-2009, 07:14 PM
I think it will either be very good or cringe worthy :unsure:

I'm like you though, I don't know if he will be able to pull it off :shrug: Part of me says, try for tickets and the other part says too weird :lol:

Dizneyblonde
05-03-2009, 07:14 PM
I have a feeling it won't actually happen...

mumof2
05-03-2009, 07:16 PM
i was just thinking about pre-registering here (http://www.michaeljacksonlive.com/) for tickets but surprise surprise it's unavailable - guess that's an indication of how likely i am to go!

Dizneyblonde
05-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Any idea what the ticket prices are?

Wendy
05-03-2009, 07:26 PM
The tickets will be 75 / 65 / 50 + booking fees.

mumof2
05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
i'm also not really sure that it'll go ahead - i think it's a case of wait and see

Dawn, i'd hang on to those memories too if i were you :yes:

Johnie
05-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't go. I imagine it will be ridiculously expensive. He's also beyond weird now.

lisaw
05-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I won't be going, never been a major fan although I saw him years ago on the (Dangerous - I think) tour.

Not a massive concert fan anymore anyway, I used to go to them all the time - I would rather spend my money on seeing a show instead :yes:

I am obviously getting very old :lol:

mumof2
05-03-2009, 07:49 PM
see i should have gone to see him when i was younger, but i couldn't have afforded to. Perhaps then i wouldn't be thinking now that this is the last chance. However, I'm not as bothered as I was all those years ago.....if I do I do, if I don't I don't.

but I am thinking that even if i did get the chance it might be a bad experience, i can't imagine he'd still 'have it' after all that's gone on.....anyway, i want some more DIY done round here so i need to save my money for that!

catrancher
05-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Just goes to show how sick I am. Here's my very favorite Michael Jackson bit: :tongue:

<center><embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=1959621678974565543&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed></center>

Tom (:macwave:... I need to take my pills now and have a lie down)

Britchick
05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
I won't be going, never been a major fan although I saw him years ago on the (Dangerous - I think) tour.

Not a massive concert fan anymore anyway, I used to go to them all the time - I would rather spend my money on seeing a show instead :yes:

I am obviously getting very old :lol:

:tongue::yes: I agree, he never really did it for me -not enough to travel down to london, struggle with transport then stand for 3 hours for a 45 min performance

lisaw
05-03-2009, 08:21 PM
:tongue::yes: I agree, he never really did it for me -not enough to travel down to london, struggle with transport then stand for 3 hours for a 45 min performance

Shall I book our places in a retirement home? :lol:

Britchick
05-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Shall I book our places in a retirement home? :lol:

nah a cruise is cheaper, you will never get me in a retirement home:nono:

Tink
05-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Michael was beautiful, once upon a time wasn't he? :sigh:

I wonder if he is doing a concert tour because he needs money? He's pretty well run through every dime he had.

I don't know how I feel about him now, beyond thinking that "what has come to pass" is very sad.

I know I wouldn't go to see him, but that doesn't mean much. I'm so over concerts that it isn't funny. :shrug:

Taja
06-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Michael was beautiful, once upon a time wasn't he? :sigh:

I wonder if he is doing a concert tour because he needs money? He's pretty well run through every dime he had.

I don't know how I feel about him now, beyond thinking that "what has come to pass" is very sad.

I know I wouldn't go to see him, but that doesn't mean much. I'm so over concerts that it isn't funny. :shrug:

'Tis a sign of maturity, Tink! :wink:

I find I'm the same way. Even classical concerts don't lure me as they once did. By the time I pay for tickets, fight traffic, pay for parking, etc., I lose interest. :shrug:

Never was an MJ fan, but do admit he was incredibly talented. His music and style just didn't interest me. I was firmly entrenched in chamber music, rather than stadium music! :lol:

Johnie
06-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Oh man I loved MJ when I was in the 6th and 7th grade. He was at his peak with the Thriller album. I even had a red jacket. In fact, I think all of my classmates did :yes:

Tink
06-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Yep, Taja I'm with you! :D You could drag me out to see Carreras again, though. :D :D

I remember Michael as a little boy. He was beyond cute then. I like him right through the Thriller album and a bit beyond. Then things started to fall apart. :sigh:

I remember the little boy (maybe six at the time) who lived across the street from me when Michael was in the Thriller phase. The little boy would wear a pink golfing glove and a red sweater! LOL! He sooooo loved Michael. He do his little dance moves on the sidewalk. Too cute.

Claire
11-03-2009, 06:15 PM
So did anyone try to get tickets today? I think they released a few today didn't they?

mumof2
11-03-2009, 06:18 PM
nah! i changed my mind

ukwdwnut
12-03-2009, 11:30 AM
my lauren got two tickets and she soooooooo excited, mikey is going with her as we are all MJ fans.....who cares what he looks like its the music and dancing you go for....id happily go if i was able to, just dont get on in enclosed spaces full of people with no air

mumof2
12-03-2009, 11:47 AM
my lauren got two tickets and she soooooooo excited, mikey is going with her as we are all MJ fans.....who cares what he looks like its the music and dancing you go for....id happily go if i was able to, just dont get on in enclosed spaces full of people with no air

oh did she! cool! :thumbsup:

ukwdwnut
12-03-2009, 11:48 AM
oh did she! cool! :thumbsup:

:yes: :D

josh.p.
12-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I was going to try and get some but it looks like I've missed out!

Claire
12-03-2009, 12:12 PM
I hope he has the stamina to do all 45 dates! That's going to be some going.