PDA

View Full Version : Is the ponderosa really no good?

daftaboutdisney
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
hiya :)

Ive been planning again :lol: and was thinking of the ponderosa but a search on here didnt make for good reading! is it really no good?

If it isnt good :( and I'll be sad because it's somewhere I'd like to go, is there anything better but similar? Golden Corral? wendys? I dont know really?

thank you :worship:

Tink
08-03-2009, 04:40 PM
It's purely a matter of personal taste, eh? We really don't like it as it's nearly all processed and reconstituted food. The meat products all seem to be low grade in terms of quality. :(

Golden Corral, Sizzler, all are in the same category. Very low quality.

Wendy's is along the par of McDonald's in that it's a fast food place.

What sort of food do you and your family usually like to eat? We can make some suggestions based on that. Also, what type of budget do you have?

We've been known to do Disney on a wing and a prayer, so we can help with containing food costs too. :yes:

keith
08-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Shhhhhhh I liked it :lol:

I dont know, I'm a snob sometimes but we stopped at the ponderosa to experience it and I had quite a nice meal.

My only problem was one of my own creation. I walked past all these menus of steak dinners and assumed I had to buy one so I did. Then they gave me a plate and said the buffet is there :/ so I did that and then this massive steak turned up :lol: DOH!

Anyway, I do admit that it looked as if the buffet had seen better days ;)

Dawn
08-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Well I used to be a fan until they "britished" up the breakfast menu. Now I don't go near the place. But to be honest the only way to know whether you'll like a place or not is to try it. And let's face it, the low prices they charge mean that if you don't like it you haven't blown a fortune finding out. Give it a go. Then come back and tell us what you think.

mumof2
08-03-2009, 06:21 PM
i'd say go ahead and try it, we had 2 breakfasts and a dinner at Ponderosa while we were there. I wasn't so keen on the dinner but the breakfasts, well they were ok. You can pick and choose what you'd like - there were absolutely loads of items we didn't get to try. The boys loved the fact they could have a fizzy drink and help themselves to ice cream with all the trimmings straight after they'd finished their breakfasts....well, we *were* on holiday!

edited to add:
oh and i forgot to add, as Dawn says it's so cheap - if you don't like it you haven't spent a fortune and you'll have some food in your tummy - and you'll know not to go again!

daveann
08-03-2009, 06:41 PM
sorry but i hate the place its like a school dinning room or cattle market...........its all down to personal choice lots of people love the place otherwise it would have shut long ago but for me its a no no

Dizneyblonde
08-03-2009, 07:00 PM
We love it and will be going again in August. :)

Johnie
08-03-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm not typically a fan of buffets. I swear I see all the nasty things people do when they hit the buffet. It's my curse :tongue:

You don't have to buy a steak. There is plenty of food on the buffet without it. It's cheap and there is usually a good variety for everyone.

Wendy's is a fast food place. It is one of the better ones in that they have some different choices besides burgers. I like Wendy's fries better than McDonalds :yes:

Britchick
08-03-2009, 07:12 PM
how cheap is cheap?

Johnie
08-03-2009, 07:13 PM
like $3.99 for breakfast

Britchick
08-03-2009, 07:14 PM
like $3.99 for breakfast

wow! we don't tend to eat a big breakfast usually but i can see the attraction. do they have all the normal stuff - does it include coffee and juice?

Johnie
08-03-2009, 07:16 PM
I have no idea. I've never been to one in FL. I always see the signs though.

Also, if you want pizza, salad and dessert for cheap you can go to Cici's for $4.99 or is it $5.99. Whatever, it's cheap. Not the best pizza in the world but they do keep it fresh and they make all sorts of specialty pizzas.

Britchick
08-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I Don't mind cicis, not had it in FL but you certainly get your money's worth.

Johnie
08-03-2009, 07:32 PM
It's a great way to feed kids cheaply! I've only been to the one here. The staff is sooo friendly. I appreciate that :yes:

Britchick
08-03-2009, 07:34 PM
where else can one get a chocolate pizza :drool:

Johnie
08-03-2009, 07:37 PM
or a macaroni and cheese pizza :tongue:

Britchick
08-03-2009, 07:46 PM
my favourite savoury is spinach alfredo :drool:

Johnie
08-03-2009, 07:51 PM
oh yes, that is very good.

mainecoon lover
08-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Shhhhhhh I liked it :lol:

I dont know, I'm a snob sometimes but we stopped at the ponderosa to experience it and I had quite a nice meal.

My only problem was one of my own creation. I walked past all these menus of steak dinners and assumed I had to buy one so I did. Then they gave me a plate and said the buffet is there :/ so I did that and then this massive steak turned up :lol: DOH!

Anyway, I do admit that it looked as if the buffet had seen better days ;)

Your not the only one. To be honest this thread has only now made me aware you can just pay for the buffet :Lol:

Dizneyblonde
08-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I think i will just be doing the buffet next time too.

We always try to eat as cheap as possible when on I-Drive so we can splash out a bit at Disney.

Luckily my 2 usually get their money's worth in salad and fruit :)

Ursula
09-03-2009, 08:46 AM
We like Golden Coral. I have heard the new on is really good.

Kate
09-03-2009, 04:03 PM
we really liked the ponderosa, i had a very nice steak there and it was cooked just right! I enjoyed the buffet too - plenty to choose from. Think my steak was about $13. Also really liked the golden corral, brilliant for kids!
We ate at cici's - i did like it but there wasnt much choice at all, and even less choice for puddings

uscwest
09-03-2009, 04:51 PM
We "lovingly" refer to it as Ponder Gross Out. :yes:

Ursula
09-03-2009, 10:28 PM
It doesn't cost that much for steak at Golden Coral.... and it was yummy.