PDA

View Full Version : Look what Dh just ordered for me :)

SleepinCatz
03-09-2009, 02:11 PM
2455.vB

now picture this in silver....I have been a very good girl :)

Tink
03-09-2009, 02:12 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!! That is an incredible set! :yes:

SleepinCatz
03-09-2009, 02:16 PM
The best part is it was clearanced out :) So it fit the pocket book and since his wedding ring came apart...he ordered us new ones :)

Tink
03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Wow. That is really nice. It was meant to be! :D :D

I think the silver will be magnificent. I like the glow of silver. It's my favorite precious metal. :yes: Well, that and platinum. :wink:

Silver and turquoise though... a long time favorite combination of mine...

Not to derail. :oops: :sorry:

Your DH has excellent taste. :yes:

How long have you been married?

Taja
03-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Absolutely gorgeous, 'Catz!

Tell your DH he has awesome taste! :thumbsup:

MystikPiglit
03-09-2009, 02:30 PM
They're lovely! :thumbsup:

Johnie
03-09-2009, 02:42 PM
That is beautiful!

SleepinCatz
03-09-2009, 03:10 PM
We will be married 7 yrs come April 26th :)

He said to tell everyone thank you and to pass onto your husbands/wives not to shoot him lol. The fact is...that is Absolutes...not diamonds :) All the fire and none of the pocket drain. I LOVE them!

After having some diamond rings stolen years ago and losing the center diamond from the only diamond ring my beloved ever gave me...I really couldn't bear the thought of having diamonds again. BUT I have the seen the absolutes up close and they are GORGEOUS! so....I get my birthstone in a way that won't leave me a heart broken mess if something happens to it.

Wendy
03-09-2009, 03:13 PM
It's lovely Catz.

Isafari
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Wow...they're gorgeous :yes:

Taja
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Great idea, 'Catz! And your DH still has awesome taste!

He's just practical in the bargain--and so are you! :D

My mother's original weddng band was stolen by a house guest shortly after we moved to California in the 1950s. :( She didn't replace it for almost 20 years--then everyone criticized her choice because it was platinum with just three very small diamonds. But it was what she wanted, and that's what mattered to her and my father! :)

BTW, my father never wore a wedding band. My mother purchased a very nice watch for him when they were married and they always joked that it was his wedding band. :) He did manual work and was concerned that he might catch the band in some machinery. Again, practicality wins the day! :D

Tink
03-09-2009, 03:21 PM
It's what matters to the both of you that is important. :yes: They are beautiful rings!

Taja, that is such a real concern. People who work with their hands around machinery, or with machinery often are required to not wear any jewelry what so ever.

Tinker
03-09-2009, 03:25 PM
The rings are gorgeous, SC !

SleepinCatz
03-09-2009, 03:34 PM
My actual engagement ring is a barrel cut garnet, large stone but really pretty. And very nice on the pocket book. My Dh wedding ring(original one) is a mens ring made by the same designer as my engagement ring, also a garnet also barrel cut. both rings together costs under $800.My orignal wedding band is a small gold antique style with 2 tiny diamonds chips. even adding that ring we stayed under $800. Both his wedding band and mine were stolen before we were married so we had to scramble and get new ones. I still had my garnet but by this time the setting had taken a real beating from years of wear( never took it off)...so we just opted to get a ring that covered both the missing band and the damaged garnet. What we got...again from zales ...is a man made Alexandrite-barrel cut with tiny dianomd accents at each end. and we found a barell cut garnet very similiar to the one that had been stolen. 3 years after we were married, my parents ran across a box in thier unit with a strangers handwritting on it. The box was labeled "Mike and Mary's Office" No one calls my Mom by her given name....the kids call her Mom and Dad calls her Rebel and no one in the family writes in that huge loopy fashion associated with girls that dot thier "I's" with hearts. However... a roomate we threw out did. My mom opened the box and inside was all of our bridal/wedding stuff! Our bands...the hand made doiles/coasters his late Grandmother made for us, the pattern for my dress and cloak....it was all there. We have always been kinda out of our time when it came to our thinking...I look at it this way...I love him, not his paycheck....so the ring he gives me shouldn't be based on what he makes but what he feels. The garnet is his birthstone so that means more to me than any diamond...the fact that he still wants our rings to reflect each other means the most to me...lol I love the fact the style tells me what he wants to say and absolutes make that easy to do.

Taja
03-09-2009, 03:37 PM
:thumbsup:

Ursula
03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
You don't have to explain yourself hun XXXXXXX

Tink
03-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow! So ultimately, you ended up with your original items back?

I love your thinking. You so very well define what matters most. I personally love stones with color (although diamond is my birthstone...) over diamonds. :yes: Garnets are a long time favorite of mine, as are amethysts and Alexandrites. :yes:

I used to collect antique (Victorian and Georgian) and collectible (Miriam Haskell, Eisenberg Ice, Robert... and the like) jewelry and the appreciation for the various forms and artistic designs is still with me. :yes:

Thank you for sharing your beautiful rings, but mostly for sharing your beautiful philosophy. :yes: :hug2:

mumof2
03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
awww 'Catz, they're beautiful :yes:

Mari
03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
congratulations!!

:)

Disneybumble
03-09-2009, 06:19 PM
They are lovely Catz, you MUST have been a good girl.

SleepinCatz
03-09-2009, 06:21 PM
:) I can't stop smiling lol

Claire
03-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Beautiful rings Catz!

Can I be nosy and ask, what's a pocket book?

SleepinCatz
03-09-2009, 07:22 PM
pocketbook is an old fashioned way of refferring to your wallet or purse :) Something I pikced up from my Grandmother and never got out of the habit of :)

lisaw
03-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Wow! They are beautiful 'Catz :yes:

mainecoon lover
03-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow they are lovely catz

SleepinCatz
03-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Thank you :) I am really looking forward to our new rings comming in.

Johnie
03-10-2009, 01:42 AM
pocketbook is an old fashioned way of refferring to your wallet or purse :) Something I pikced up from my Grandmother and never got out of the habit of :)

:yes: we call it that too. When Alysia was little she called it a pocket purse. She also called high heels, hee highs :tongue:

Johnie
03-10-2009, 01:49 AM

:yes: we call it that too. When Alysia was little she called it a pocket purse. She also called high heels, hee highs :tongue:

Tink
03-10-2009, 03:16 AM
Yep, Mama still says pocketbook. :yes:

Deb
03-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Ooooh, they're lovely! I'm a platinum/silver gal too so I know they'll be extra gorgeous :yes:

Your DH did good!!!! :D