PDA

View Full Version : oct-nov, or early december?

keith
13-03-2009, 03:52 PM
This is a bit like the "when should we go" thread but I didnt want to hijack that thread so here goes

We normally go in the first two weeks of December to see the christmas bits and pieces but that's been getting busier and last year didnt feel as christmassy as it had done in other years for some reason.

Looking at the dates for the halloween party and christmas party, we could conceivably go at the end of October and do MNSSHP at the start of the holiday AND MVMCP at the end :D sounds like a nice plan since we like them both but hmmmm how much would we miss early December

Tink
13-03-2009, 03:56 PM
You wouldn't. :D :D You'd also catch the FWF.

Nothing like changing it up a bit to have a renewed interest, eh? :yes:

keith
13-03-2009, 03:58 PM
You wouldn't. :D :D You'd also catch the FWF.
:

REALLY? would I???????? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I've never done that before!

Taja
13-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Early to mid December for me! Even though December 2007 felt a bit less "Christmassy" that prior years, I still prefer visiting WDW during that time of year. 'Course, the less "Christmassy" feel could have been related to my limited mobility, at least to a certain extent! :rolleyes:

Wendy
13-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I'd definitely go in October-Nov, but you won't get any flying club seats at all from Virgin :( I don't even know if there will be M+M seats :unsure:

If you go in just October you've got MNSSHP which I think is much better than MVMCP and Hallow Wishes is brilliant :D and there is the F&WF don't forget :D

You know I was really really disappointed at Christmas, I think Disney did far more for Halloween :shrug:

Tink
13-03-2009, 04:02 PM
KEITH!! :eek: You HAVE to do the FWF at least once in your life!!! :9: It ends mid November, so if you came the end of October you could easily do zillions of things. :D :D

(We'll be there the weekend of October 2-4 staying at the BC). :D :D

keith
13-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I can feel a plan coming together :D

MystikPiglit
13-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Keith, you must go to the Food&Wine festival. It's amazing. :D

keith
13-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Im ashamed to admit I just dont know much about it! What happens there?

Tink
13-03-2009, 04:15 PM
You EAT!!! LOL!

About 30 or so places to choose from for samples of food, wine and beer (that you pay for of course). Special ticketed events, special merchandise, Eat to the Beat Concert Series, that sort of stuff! :D

keith
13-03-2009, 04:17 PM
You EAT!!! LOL!

OOOOO well I like to do that! :lol:

About 30 or so places to choose from for samples of food, wine and beer (that you pay for of course). Special ticketed events, special merchandise, Eat to the Beat Concert Series, that sort of stuff! :D

This is all around the world in EPCOT?

Tink
13-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Yes. Each country, plus extra booths representing other countries are dotted around the WS. :yes:

Tink
13-03-2009, 04:20 PM
FW is the site of the free wine seminars and some of the main merchandise areas now.

There are several special ticketed events, ranging from the Party for the Senses to lunches, dinners, desserts with professional (well known to foodies :D ) chefs.

There are some additional wine tasting events that you purchase too (whereas some are free).

Cooking demos with and without tasting of samples (free).

MystikPiglit
13-03-2009, 04:28 PM
You EAT!!! LOL!
About 30 or so places to choose from for samples of food, wine and beer (that you pay for of course).

:yes: We went around and had a drink and a snack in each country. Fabulous afternoon. :thumbsup: :D

Tink
13-03-2009, 04:31 PM
There really is quite a variety. Yes, you'll hear me whine on about "how it's just not like it used to be" but so what? :D It's still great fun, with loads of choices.

For those of us who go year after year, we'd like to see some increased variety, but again that's a local thing, eh?

I will say this. Be prepared to spend money. :yes: You can easily have a full dinner at one of the full service restaurants in the WS for LESS than you may end up spending at the FWF. :yes: :D :D

The escargot in petite brioche are to flipping die for. :yes:

keith
13-03-2009, 04:31 PM
It really sounds like something we'd like :yes: it's very very very tempting indeed

Wendy
13-03-2009, 05:00 PM
If it's tempting then do something about it :D :lol:

It is really good you will enjoy it, we did :D not that we ate that much. You have to pick the days you go though, the weekends are really busy and the lines for the food is silly, but then I just sat in the shade whilst Chris lined up :D

Isafari
13-03-2009, 05:07 PM
We still absolutely love going over Christmas but given the two choices you have given, I would go for oct - nov. I really would like to be there for Halloween and see the shows and parades at that time of year....and to get the Christmas parades and shows too would be perfect.

keith
13-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know how hard it is to book the halloween party on the 31st oct? Is it crazily difficult or easy enough as long as I book on the day the booking line opens?

Im guessing it's a sell out that night

Wendy
13-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I think it's one of the first nights to sell out Keith, it's very popular :yes: So long as you book on the day they become available you should be OK.

MystikPiglit
13-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know how hard it is to book the halloween party on the 31st oct? Is it crazily difficult or easy enough as long as I book on the day the booking line opens?

We rang the first day they went on sale. :thumbsup: It's a great night.

keith
13-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Its just that if I booked the flights I've got on hold, that would be our ONLY mnsshp chance so :/ bit risky but hopefully if I'm on the phone on the first day. I mean it can't be as bad as CRT given how many thousands they sell surely

Johnie
13-03-2009, 06:00 PM
As our Fearless Leader, you must go to the F&WF.

You should be fine for the tickets if you book when they go on sale. I always say I am going to buy some and sell them on Ebay!

Definately go to both parties. That would be so cool.

MystikPiglit
13-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Its just that if I booked the flights I've got on hold, that would be our ONLY mnsshp chance so :/ bit risky but hopefully if I'm on the phone on the first day. I mean it can't be as bad as CRT given how many thousands they sell surely

I have to admit I was poised at the phone ready to ring as soon as the lines opened. :lol:

keith
13-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Tis done :yes: I don't hang around :lol: life's too short eh?

Quite excited about this one I must admit! I'll be totally stressed on May 1st though trying to book the halloween tickets :lol:

Thanks for all the help everyone :hug2:

Johnie
13-03-2009, 06:08 PM
:carpediem:

Our Official Secrets Motto :yes:

Britchick
13-03-2009, 06:36 PM
oct november :thumbsup: as soon as we don't have to worry about school holidays we will be going then :thumbsup:

foreverducky
13-03-2009, 09:44 PM
I picked around Oct as I love Halloween much more than Christmas. But hey, that's just me.

Slowhand
14-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Seeing as you have "done" WDW over the Christmas period Keith, as others have said I`d time your visit to take in the F & WF as you haven`t done it.
Having said that it can work out a tad expensive if you visit all of the food stalls around the lake at Epcot as the portions ain`t that large!

It`s great to see a few more countries represented there though. :thumbsup:

uscwest
15-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Keith, I chose the OCT/NOV. One reason is that you say you have been the beginning of December before. Therefore I think you might enjoy the change in venue at least once. Donna and I also love the late November, early December time frame. Last year we chose early November. We weren't able to catch the MNNSHP but we did catch MVMCP. You are right in saying that all the Christmassy stuff isn't going on yet. However, FOOD AND WINE Festival IS. :tongue:

keith
15-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks John! :) I think the two parties + food&wine persuaded me :D

MystikPiglit
16-03-2009, 02:17 PM
That's going to be an exciting trip. :D
Good luck with booking the tickets. :thumbsup: