PDA

View Full Version : Tearjerker movies

Johnie
16-03-2009, 12:05 AM
PA did her best to try to get me to watch that soldier movie yesterday. I don't have HBO so I didn't see it.

I watched Milk instead. I cried.

I catch the tale end of The Color Purple today and just sobbed like a baby. My goodness, that is such a powerful movie.

Titanic has been on a lot lately but I have managed to avoid it. That movie gets to me too. Esp the part with the kids and the old couple.

I absolutely cannot watch The Accused with Jodi Foster because it gets to me so bad.

Same thing with war movies. Saving Private Ryan about did me in.

There are all sorts of movies that I cry through.

Are you a cryer? Or does it take something really strong to make you cry?

I totally get into stuff and will cry at the drop of a hat. There are movies that make me cry happy tears and then there are movies that feel like they are ripping out my soul.

foreverducky
16-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Oh goodness, I am definitely a cryer. With that being said, I do enjoy a good cry every once in a while. These movies make me cry:

Bridges of Madison County (have now banned this movie, too sad)

Wuthering Heights (the 90's version, sad, but favorite story)

Notebook

Somewhere in Time (Christopher Reeves looked fab)

Titantic (yep it's sad....and that piece of wood was big enough for two)

Thorn Birds (goodness, so sad, I start crying early on)

PS I Love You (I feel very bipolar in this movie...sad laugh sad laugh)

Antonement (cried big time at the end, was not happy about this movie)

PsychoAlice
16-03-2009, 01:00 AM
just about anything...I cry at anything..Im pathetic..its only been the last year or so

Johnie
16-03-2009, 01:33 AM
I've always been a cryer :yes:

I remember seeing The Outsiders when I was in the 6th grade and just boohooed.

I remember Mike and I went to the movies to see Romeo and Juliet. I of course cried and cried at the end. Mike looks at me, dead serious, and says "I thought you said you'd seen this before" :tongue: he learned.

Tinker
16-03-2009, 02:46 AM
Are You Kidding ? All The Time
The Ring ~ Danielle Steel
The Notebook
so many more

Johnie
16-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Alysia isn't usually a cryer but she did during The Notebook. I haven't watched it yet.

Tinker
16-03-2009, 02:55 AM
I watched Pearl Harbor the other night and cried AGAIN !
BodyGuard is another one .

Skywatcher
16-03-2009, 08:01 AM
I remember seeing The Outsiders when I was in the 6th grade and just boohooed.

Stay Gold Pony boy :sigh:

Yep I blub at things - got all emotional first time I saw the start of the Lion King and at a the end of Pocohontas

Philadelphia and Schindlers List I was inconsolable after

Dawn
16-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Schindler's List
On Golden Pond
Steel Magnolias
Lion King
ET

ukwdwnut
16-03-2009, 12:12 PM
christmas shoes is really sad, i could feel my eyes welling up at that as most sad films do :cry1:

Rosie0610
16-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Dawn got it right with Steel Magnolias!! OMG, that is just the saddest.

We went to see Beaches on Mother's Day when it first came out in theaters. The 3 of us had to skip dinner because we were all so upset!

I watched My Girl on TBS the other day. Cried.

Deb
16-03-2009, 01:38 PM
ET. Even now I cry right from the beginning when he's left on Earth, up to the very end. I don't even bother trying to watch it anymore!

Ring of Bright Water - the film about Midge the otter. Mum left my little sister and I at the cinema when I was about 10 to see it while she shopped, not realising the ending. I still remember the awful feeling and apparently we hardly spoke a word for days afterwards! We talk about it even now, and otters have always been my favourite animal ever since.

Born Free...just the music starts me off :unsure:

Dumbo, every single time...when his Mother is singing to him when she's locked in the cage :(