PDA

View Full Version : Friday already?

Claire
20-03-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm still stuck in Wednesday.

Skywatcher
20-03-2009, 08:07 AM
:unsure: sp[ooky how the time goes apparently we are 2/3 of the way through March as well :eek:

Have we not just had Xmas

Dawn
20-03-2009, 08:12 AM
It's been a glorious weather week here and it will stay this way over the weekend so lots of caching for me and the doggle. :D

Been taking the kids outside to read at school past couple of days. Nothing like a bit of Biff and Chip with the sun on your face. :lol:

Skywatcher
20-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Ah, the sun just makes everyone happier its lovely - flet like a long old winter this year

daveann
20-03-2009, 09:51 AM
i want 2 more Fridays to come around then we might have the keys to our house :)

Tink
20-03-2009, 10:42 AM
My first thought at reading Claire's title was, "IS IT???!!" Yepper, been that kind of week. Way too much to do today, but I'm going to give it the old college try. :sigh:

Anything nice planned for the weekend? I'm hoping to actually get that elusive thing called "rest" in... could do with a bit.

Heard from a young friend of mine (former co-worker) he and his wife have just bought a newly built (well, being built as we speak) 2,500 sq ft home for $179,000!!! It's not far from us, north on 429... May encourage Herself to go and have a look...

It's nearly April, isn't it? The first quarter of the year is gone... too weird. Too fast. Too too...

Deb
20-03-2009, 10:44 AM
daveann, that's great news!!! :yes:

Only really had one sunny day here this week, on Wednesday and we had a lovely time outside. Today is looking good to so when Garry gets home we'll have a nice late lunch in the garden and enjoy the weather and the peace and quiet. Then in the morning we're going to the garden centre for stuff to plant in the rockery and to refresh the pots and hanging baskets over the weekend. We will spend as much of the weekend outdoors as we can :)

Tink
20-03-2009, 10:46 AM
OH!!! Meant to tell all of you that I discovered a Sur La Table shop yesterday!! It's in downtown Sarasota and oh my gosh, I am in love! Previously, I was only able to view their items online, but the shop is chock full of all sorts of wonderful gadgets, things, bits, hoosies, whatzits and incredible crockery, cookware and the like.

Bakers? The cake pans are incredible! Everything from petit madeleines (yeah, I can't spell it) to the most impressive castle cake tin I've ever seen! :yes:

The one thing they didn't have? A spider! :unsure: I wanted to bring one home for Herself as she's been looking for a small one, but nope... what's up with that.

Did purchase a small French coffee press, two escargot plates and two escargot forks and a wee tiny shamrock cutter. :D :D Maybe we'll have shamrock shaped scones next St. Patrick's Day. :D :D

Anyway, if you are ever in the vicinity of Sarasota (west coast of FL) DO STOP!!! :9:

Tink
20-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Deb, your private times always sound so elegant... :yes:

mumof2
20-03-2009, 10:48 AM
ahhh, the weekend...fabulous!

the sunshine has been lovely this week and i've even managed to get some washing to dry on the line......

going to our local craft shop tomorrow with my sisters to get stuff for the wedding invitations, not sure what's happening on Sunday yet.

DH will be working 'til 4am Sunday morning, then sleeping, then back in for 4pm so we won't have time for doing a great deal and i have to see my Mum too of course. we're seeing his Mum on Monday as we're taking her out for dinner as her Mothers day pressie.

Tink
20-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Mother's Day is coming up in the UK, then?

mumof2
20-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Mother's Day is coming up in the UK, then?

yep, on Sunday :yes:

Tink
20-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Ah. May here for Mother's Day. :yes:

mumof2
20-03-2009, 10:54 AM
yes, is your Fathers Day the same as us though - June?

Deb
20-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Deb, your private times always sound so elegant... :yes:

Thanks Tink! But that's because I omit to mention the bottles of pink fizz that are gently sipped throughout the day...and into the evening... :D

We both do love being outside, and at the slightest opportunity we will sit out and eat, and chat, and watch the view, and walk the animals....last evening we were sat wrapped in our warm coats and scarves as the temperature dropped, but there wasn't a breath of breeze so it was still all good :yes:

Your Sur la Table shop sounds lovely!! A spider?? What kind of spider? :unsure:

daveann
20-03-2009, 11:14 AM
daveann, that's great news!!! :yes:

we are hoping to exchange contracts today :) i cant wait as we are in a flat at the moment so we will have our own front door and garden.
Neither of us is sleeping well at the moment we are worrying about everything and are so stressed out we just want our own home :unsure:

Tink
20-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Yes, Father's Day is in June here, too.

Oh! Sorry. :sorry: A spider is one of those handled mesh flat strainers that you can use in boiling water to lift things out (or hot oil, but we don't deep fry). It's one of the very few items we don't have! :lol: Along with a tangine... although there were three styles of said item at Sur La Table... :D Will definitely have to come back with Herself for a weekend trip. :D :D

All the best to you Daveann!!! Do let us know how it goes, ok? :yes: :9:

foreverducky
20-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Sheesh, where has the time go. It sure does fly by fast. In a little over a month I will be done with another semester. I feel like I just started this semester.

I have tons of homework to do, but am so excited as I will be receiving my Twilight movie today. :D

daveann
20-03-2009, 01:51 PM
thanks tink :)

Dawn
20-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Steven's reception teacher from last year left today as her baby is due in a few weeks. They had a special assembly for her. Guess whose little boy got all emotional saying goodbye to her.

josh.p.
20-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I had the BEST driving lesson... EVER!!! It was soo much fun! It was my 10th hour so now I am out on proper roads driving around. Went for a really really nice drive around in the sun, only stalled once!! :wiggle: I still haven't done any manouvers yet but I have done left/right turns, round-a-bouts, u-turns, crawling etc. I've gone upto 5th gear now too, which was pretty scary at first but then it was really REALLY fun! :yes:

Skywatcher
20-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I sense a petrol head emerging in you

Welcome to the club :D

mumof2
20-03-2009, 04:31 PM
5TH GEAR ON A DRIVING LESSON??!! :bugeye:

Deb
20-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Brilliant Josh!!! I see you in little sports cars tearing the road up :thumbsup:

Just resting after a nice lunch in the sun (seeing it is now a bit chilly ouside). Just to bore you all, I marinated chicken in lemon, garlic, olive oil, white wine and fresh thyme and parley. Roasted it and had it with tomato, mozzarella and basil salad, pesto pasta salad, and baked garlic mushrooms with taleggio...all wasked down with some pink fizz...very very nice on a warm Spring day! :D

Abot to have a nice coffee with some Belgian chocolate cheesecake (courtesy of good old Marks and Spencer).

Will probably be asleep by 6pm :unsure:

Britchick
20-03-2009, 05:32 PM
yay le weekend, only i'm on call :thumbsdown: at least i can get jobs done in the garden. Just bought a hunk of rib roast for Jon to roast on Sunday, My mum is coming over- hope she's ok as it's the first mothers day without my Nana.

mumof2
20-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Britchick :hug2:

Disneybumble
20-03-2009, 06:29 PM
yay le weekend, only i'm on call :thumbsdown: at least i can get jobs done in the garden. Just bought a hunk of rib roast for Jon to roast on Sunday, My mum is coming over- hope she's ok as it's the first mothers day without my Nana.

:hug2:

daveann
20-03-2009, 06:44 PM
:hug2: for britchick and your mum :hug2:

josh.p.
20-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I sense a petrol head emerging in you

Welcome to the club :D
Petrol head well and truly emerged :yes: Have liked cars for years tbh

5TH GEAR ON A DRIVING LESSON??!! :bugeye:
:point: That's what my Mum said! I had to go on the new ferry by-pass so they make you go at 50. Was actually at 60 today too :thumbsup:

mumof2
20-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Petrol head well and truly emerged :yes: Have liked cars for years tbh

:point: That's what my Mum said! I had to go on the new ferry by-pass so they make you go at 50. Was actually at 60 today too :thumbsup:

flippin 'eck!

josh.p.
20-03-2009, 11:29 PM
My driving instructor thinks its beneficial to be able to drive at faster speeds, otherwise it's a bit dangerous once you have passed and go out driving, yet you've never driven that quickly during your lessons and suddenly you find yourself doing it.

mumof2
20-03-2009, 11:42 PM
oh yes, that's quite true Josh....:yes:

mumof2
20-03-2009, 11:43 PM
DH is meant to be home by about 1/2 past midnight - might as well stay up and wait for him i guess, only 'cos i can't be bothered to move and go upstairs!

Ursula
21-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Escargot plates and little forks? :unsure: There's enough food in the world to never have to put those things in MY mouth.... bleurgh... the mere thought....

Tink
21-03-2009, 01:05 PM
They are wicked yummy, Helly! :yes: I used the French Press this morning. It will take some experimentation to get the strength of the coffee correct, but ooooeeeee, was it smooth! :yes:

Escargot in petite brioche is too good!!! :D Or in the little plates with tomato concasse and goat cheese and garlic? Oh be still my hungry mouth! :D :D I know you have to like it though. If you don't I'm sure it sounds horrid. :yes:

Ursula
21-03-2009, 03:48 PM
If I was blindfolded and didn't know I bet I would like them, but seeing them beforehand, nope nada... not going near my mouth while I can still see. Everyone who has had them says they are delicious and my Father loves them but I can still remember seeing them in the fridge in a bowl of butter and you could see they were snails.

mumof2
21-03-2009, 10:19 PM
ewww my Dad likes them - yuk!

Taja
23-03-2009, 05:08 PM
:eek: Did we have a Friday? And a weekend? :eek: I worked through the whole thing! :rolleyes:

Had a wind storm--gusts, not steady wind--yesterday, so I'm home today trying to clean up the mess--and take care of some business, as well. Lots of stuff all over the place and the patio is thick with dust and sand. I swear this yard is a magnet for everything that blows around!

But I'm sure the neighbors feel the same! :lol: