PDA

View Full Version : Today is the big day

Dawn
24-03-2009, 07:53 AM
We get to use our wheelie bin for the first time today. :mental:

Can't wait to see how the chavvy neighbours cram 6 bags of rubbish into theirs. I estimate the bins hold 2. :point:

Skywatcher
24-03-2009, 07:56 AM
We got ours last year - they gave us the 1/2 sized ones as most bpeople in Bexhill are 943 years old and use them solely for the disposal of meals on wheels packaging then told us they would collect them fortnightly :mad: we had to beg and plead for a larger one as we were driving to the tip twice a week, we still have to go weekly to get rid of the cardboard which they wont accept

Hardly good for the environment

Dizneyblonde
24-03-2009, 08:00 AM
I had to buy one as Cornwall are so behind the times we still have to put bags out.I was fed up with sweeping the street after the cats and seagulls had helped themselves!

They do collect recycling once a fortnight though.

Skywatcher
24-03-2009, 08:02 AM
So do ours anda green wheely bin of garden waste :thumbsup:

Dizneyblonde
24-03-2009, 08:03 AM
We still have to buy garden waste bags at 50p each to get it collected!

Dawn
24-03-2009, 08:09 AM
We can rent a garden waste bin for 50 a year if we want. I have 2 compost heaps. :D

Skywatcher
24-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Now we have badgers in the garden I'm thinking of doing landfill

foreverducky
24-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Our garbage people just had "spring cleaning" pick up...however, they just sprung it on me 2 days prior to pick up. I guess they didn't want too much spring cleaning. We have normal plastic bins for trash and recycling, but if you put anything more than your alloted amount then it goes you $2. So, I frantically put loads of things out. Then of course, we had people going by all days scoping out the trash treasure. It was weird to me. :unsure:

Ursula
24-03-2009, 10:31 AM
My Dad has about 8 wheelie bins now :( All colours and for all things... he can't remember which bin is for what.. he's 88 now. Good job he has a long driveway or we don't know where the heck he would put them.

mumof2
24-03-2009, 10:50 AM
blimey Dawn, I didn't realise you hadn't got yours 'til now.

Ours worked out ok, recycling every fortnight is pushing it a bit sometimes but we somehow manage to cram it all in - DH even had DS9 standing in the bin jumping up and down on the recycling to squash it down just after Christmas! :unsure:

My Aunty in Kingston has a ridiculous amount of bins to deal with :thumbsdown:

MystikPiglit
24-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Can't wait to see how the chavvy neighbours cram 6 bags of rubbish into theirs. I estimate the bins hold 2. :point:

:lol:

We have 1 for general rubbish, 1 for card/plastic/cans and a green box for glass. They are collected alternate weeks and so far it's worked out okay for us.
They are very strict on only emptying the bins if the lid will close and garden waste has to go in a brown bin. Luckily when we have to trim the Myrtle bush we have a kind neighbour who lets us put the cuttings in her bin. :thumbsup:

Dawn
24-03-2009, 04:34 PM
blimey Dawn, I didn't realise you hadn't got yours 'til now.

Ours worked out ok, recycling every fortnight is pushing it a bit sometimes but we somehow manage to cram it all in - DH even had DS9 standing in the bin jumping up and down on the recycling to squash it down just after Christmas! :unsure:

You can ask for a larger recycling bin now - almost twice the size of the regular one. :thumbsup:

josh.p.
24-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Seriously? did you not have wheelie bins before? We've had them here since longer than I can remember. We have three large ones now. One grey one is for recyclable stuff, One green one for non-recyclable, and a brown one which gets colleceted monthly for garden waste.

We usually have to use the green one for recyclable stuff as we recycle loads and the bins just don't fit it all in. Our green one hardly ever gets full.

Disneybumble
24-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Crayola *****8************ poor man. We have a massive wheelie black bin for normal rubbish. This is because we are a family of 5:thumbsup:
We have a green garden waste and soiled cardboard. We have a paper box and plastic and can box. I would a glass bin though as it is a weekly trip to recycle the bottles and jars.

Britchick
24-03-2009, 06:18 PM
we have 3 wheelie bins it's a pita!

mumof2
24-03-2009, 08:11 PM
You can ask for a larger recycling bin now - almost twice the size of the regular one. :thumbsup:

yes but they're pretty big! we just squish everything in :yes:

my friend down the road has a rather large bin, they have lots of bottles and cans to recycle, 'specially after her sister and BIL have been visiting for the weekend!! :buddies:

Debbie2
26-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Seriously? did you not have wheelie bins before? We've had them here since longer than I can remember. We have three large ones now. One grey one is for recyclable stuff, One green one for non-recyclable, and a brown one which gets colleceted monthly for garden waste.

We usually have to use the green one for recyclable stuff as we recycle loads and the bins just don't fit it all in. Our green one hardly ever gets full.

Us too, Josh. We have one for normal waste collected weekly, one for garden, one for paper/cardboard and one for glass each collected fortnightly. Our council also regularly places skips at key locations in the area for one day 9-4pm where you can deposit any other refuse that can't be placed in the bins. Guess we are lucky (can't believe I can say that when my CT bill has just landed)

mumof2
26-03-2009, 03:43 PM
urgh, council tax bill :thumbsdown:

Dawn
26-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah we just our annual notice of fleecing too. :(

Jodie
26-03-2009, 05:23 PM
We live in a flat and have massive wheelie bins in bin stores, three bins to a store. Believe it or not there is not one recycling bin on the whole estate.

Taja
26-03-2009, 09:24 PM
We live in a flat and have massive wheelie bins in bin stores, three bins to a store. Believe it or not there is not one recycling bin on the whole estate.

I believe it! Most apartment buildings here are the same. :(