PDA

View Full Version : S'Friday

Skywatcher
27-03-2009, 08:09 AM
:mental:

Well only a few hours to the weekend - the parents are up this weekend but they have elected to stay in a Band B nearby which will help with the stress of it all i.e we wont have to rake the rubbish in the kids bedrooms under the bed :thumbsup:

There was a green woodpecker in the garden this morning :thumbsup:

and

My New telescope begins its journey from Leeds to arrive tomorrow with any luck and hopefully in one piece :fingers: so I am more than a little excited about that.

:D

Dawn
27-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Steven is doing step aerobics on the Wii. :lol:

He's actually very good.

Working this weekend. boo!

Dizneyblonde
27-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Picking kids up at 1pm as we are off to Weston Super Mare for the weekend!

Deb
27-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Ooo, Skywatcher, what a coincidence, there was a greater spotted woody on my verandah this morning, just sitting. He was eyeing up the nut feeder we've hung a couple of inches from the window. He's a lot less brave than the squirrel, who was nonchalantly hanging upside down off it yesterday, not bothered about me, the cat and the dog who were gazing through the window.

Good news about the scope :thumbsup:

So fed up of this windy weather, it has been non-stop here since Sunday and it's difficult to do anything that involves going outside for more than a minute :sigh: Poor Sorrel thinks she's never going to get a proper walk ever again. Got to do my company accounts today :thumbsdown: , have put it off for too long.

Dawn...boo indeed for you working this weekend :frown:

DB....YAY for your weekend away :tralala:

uscwest
27-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Finally, I didn't think it was ever going to get here. We'll be watching Nathanael for a few hours tomorrow, not sure if it will be overnight or not.

catrancher
27-03-2009, 11:49 AM
My New telescope

Which scope? :questionmark:

Tom (:macwave:... nosy, isn't he)

Skywatcher
27-03-2009, 11:56 AM
hmm well the lady hasn't PM'd me to tell me its on its way yet so I am pacing - will tell all when I know its coming

Beccaberry
27-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Friday here as well...flight back home from Disney last night was dreadful...the bad weather made for some SERIOUSLY bumpy moments...at one point I thought my seat mate was going to end up with a lap full of my red wine.

Jon and I are both off today, having taken the entire week off...looks like we might be out car shopping this morning as the Malibu is showing its age these days.

Rainy and cold here. I want my lovely Florida sunshine back :(

foreverducky
27-03-2009, 12:48 PM
I have a friend visiting this weekend, so I am playing hookie from school work on Saturday....which means I have to work hard today. It's an mixed emotion day...:D and :(

Deb
27-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Friday here as well...flight back home from Disney last night was dreadful...the bad weather made for some SERIOUSLY bumpy moments...at one point I thought my seat mate was going to end up with a lap full of my red wine.

Jon and I are both off today, having taken the entire week off...looks like we might be out car shopping this morning as the Malibu is showing its age these days.

Rainy and cold here. I want my lovely Florida sunshine back :(

Awwww...Becca... :hug2:

But you have a whole week off! And if it's cold and rainy you have someone to snuggle up to :D

Taja
27-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Ahhhhh! Friday! :D

Not that it matters much--I'll be working most of the weekend. Two jobs don't leave much free time and we're approaching the end of tax season, so we're all a bit frazzled around the edges. :rolleyes:

It should be light enough to go outside in about 20 or 30 minutes to survey the mess from last night's wind storm. Hopefully, it's more mess and less damage. And I hope that my bulk trash pile isn't scattered all over creation! :fingers:

Dorothy
27-03-2009, 01:25 PM
The kids are brining over Zach for dinner tonight and then they are leaving him here for the weekend :yes: So I'll be coloring and finger painting and watching Ice Age and Shrek for the millionth time and.........well you get the idea don't ya :D:D:D:D:D

foreverducky
27-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Sounds good to me Dorothy. :D Who doesn't love to color?

daveann
27-03-2009, 02:18 PM
just finnished work for the weekend thank god its friday

Watchinherskip
27-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Hey Chris, I know you are excited Mate! New scope, big apeture?

Sorry about folks working the weekend.

I was hoping to play golf tonight at eh mixer at Bide a Wee golf course, but that ain't happening. Rainy here too but at least is is warm(er).

I think I want to go and fight the throngs to see Monsters and Aliens with DW and DD (if she doesn't blow us off to be with her girlfriends or boyfriend).

Sitting here listening to Disney stuff on the planetarium's sound system awaiting the return of the broken main computer. Supposed to get here soon. I will have to do a McGyver on it and get it up and running.

Skywatcher
27-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Sitting here listening to Disney stuff on the planetarium's sound system awaiting the return of the broken main computer. Supposed to get here soon. I will have to do a McGyver on it and get it up and running.

Cool I'll send a rubber band 2 toothpicks and a paperclip - can you do lase shows at your planetarium Dan?

The scope ( if it has been sent) - is a 9.25inch Shmidt Cassegran OTA to stick on my Equatorial guided mount to do some decent lunar planetary and small nebula work

just hope it comes :pacingsmiley:

MystikPiglit
27-03-2009, 03:21 PM
I've had a stressful week so I'm relieved that Friday is here. I'm going to spend tomorrow with my feet up and many episodes of Charmed. :D

Watchinherskip
27-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Sweet! I purchased a SC scope for the district recently. Has the goto functions but no equitorial mount. Really quality optics though. We also got a few hundred Galileoscopes for the district to celebrate the International Year of Astronomy. They are pretty cheap, but have really good optics, better than old Galileo used now 400 years ago. We will use them this year in the district to get as many eyes on the skies as possible.

Here is the one I got for the district: Clesestron

http://www.celestron.com/c3/product.php?CatID=13&ProdID=415

Here are the galileoscopes
https://www.galileoscope.org/gs/

josh.p.
27-03-2009, 03:31 PM
I am job-hunting this week. I feel bad for the trees... about 3 of them are now in my pile of CVs!

Skywatcher
27-03-2009, 03:31 PM
The C6 is great mine will be the 9.25 version but just the tube as I said :thumbsup:

Do those gallileo scopes have anyway of mounting them on a photographic tripod?

I really hope this IYA gets more people interested, probably 50% of the people I have spoken to and got to look through my scope or shown the phots to have started to get interested and many have purchased scopes. I genuinely think if more people knew how much you could see of our neighbouring planets even with a tiny scope they would get hooked.

:lol: I sound like some crazed preacher

Skywatcher
27-03-2009, 03:33 PM
I am job-hunting this week. I feel bad for the trees... about 3 of them are now in my pile of CVs!

Seriously 'Pimp my Tortoise' is the way to go.

'SlowBling.com' is still avaliable I think

Isafari
27-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Hope your scope arrives tomorrow Skywatcher :yes:

I've just finished work for the weekend, DH finished yesterday as he is still on a four day week right now.
We have a couple of tickets for free ten pin bowling games which run out on the 31st so we may use those tomorrow.

daveann
27-03-2009, 03:48 PM
we have just exchanged contracts on our new home :mental: we complete next Friday 3rd :mental:
we are so stressed out at the moment with so much going on that when Dave rang me i burst into tears and he had to rush off as he is busy so sat here in tears and thought i would tell my disney buddies

Deb
27-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Awww, Ann :hug2: It's only to be expected hun, but letting all that stress come out can only be good for you :yes: Here, have another hug :hug2:

But that's great news!!! Your new house!!! :bounce:

And then Lucy can come and live with you :happydance:

MystikPiglit
27-03-2009, 03:52 PM
when Dave rang me i burst into tears and he had to rush off as he is busy so sat here in tears and thought i would tell my disney buddies

Aww... :hug2: :hug2:

Dawn
27-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Awwww Ann I remember that feeling. I couldn't be in the house on our exchange date - I went and sat on the beach and left Adrian at home to take care of everything. Such a relief. Now you can plan your future in your new home. :D

Skywatcher
27-03-2009, 03:59 PM
:mental: :dance: :mental:

Isafari
27-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Ann.....:hug2:

daveann
27-03-2009, 04:10 PM
i am now compossed.............
thanks everone

Deb
27-03-2009, 04:32 PM
So now you can get uncomposed and get really excited!!!! :thumbsup:

lisaw
27-03-2009, 04:34 PM
:hug2: Ann, great news :mental:

josh.p.
27-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Seriously 'Pimp my Tortoise' is the way to go.

'SlowBling.com' is still avaliable I think
:slap: LOL, I do have a good idea to do with tortoises and websites though :yes:

we have just exchanged contracts on our new home :mental: we complete next Friday 3rd :mental:
we are so stressed out at the moment with so much going on that when Dave rang me i burst into tears and he had to rush off as he is busy so sat here in tears and thought i would tell my disney buddies
YAY!!!!! :mental::mental::mental::mental::mental::mental: Let all of that stress out and PARTAYYY!!! your new HOUSE!!! yay!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Watchinherskip
27-03-2009, 05:22 PM
The C6 is great mine will be the 9.25 version but just the tube as I said :thumbsup:

Do those gallileo scopes have anyway of mounting them on a photographic tripod?

I really hope this IYA gets more people interested, probably 50% of the people I have spoken to and got to look through my scope or shown the phots to have started to get interested and many have purchased scopes. I genuinely think if more people knew how much you could see of our neighbouring planets even with a tiny scope they would get hooked.

:lol: I sound like some crazed preacher

For sure mate! Yup the Galileoscope have a camera type mount that will allow them to be placed on tripods. The shipment is supposed to arrive. I wonder if folks here would like to get one. For about $15 USD you couldn't find a better quality scope.

Now as far as the toothpick, rubber bands and paper clip..yes McGyver could set up a laser show..how about Dark Side of the Moon...love Pink Floyd.:point:

Dawn
27-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Steven has just made me a Mii on our Wii - it actually looks disturbingly like me. :unsure:

Isafari
27-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Steven has just made me a Mii on our Wii - it actually looks disturbingly like me. :unsure:

:lol: frightening aren't they......mini MIIS

Dawn
27-03-2009, 05:38 PM
I've just got him to do my fitness test for me...I'm soooooo underweight. :rotfl:

Dawn
27-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Oh lordy my Wii Fit age is 62!!! :thud:

Isafari
27-03-2009, 05:42 PM
I've just got him to do my fitness test for me...I'm soooooo underweight. :rotfl:

:lol: I'm not telling you what the cheeky so and so told me :unsure:

Disneybumble
27-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Ann GREAT NEWS.:champers2:
Skywatcher :fingers: it turns up tomorrow.
Dawn and Taja :hug2: for your working weekend.
Everybody else hope you all have a good time.
I am off out with my Girlys tonight and out toimorrow night with DH and friends.

MystikPiglit
27-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh lordy my Wii Fit age is 62!!! :thud:

:laugh:

josh.p.
27-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey! It's okay, it told me I was overweight!!! It told my Mum's mates daughter (who is 6) that she was obese!!!!!! :jawdrop:

mumof2
27-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Mum and I popped up to Kingston to collect my Aunty as she's staying with Mum tonight then they're off to have dinner and stay over with my cousins near the New Forest (the ones whose house we stayed at).

DH has booked the weekend off, he and the boys are off to some motorcycle autojumble on Sunday leaving me at home all alone.......hurrah!!

And me - i hope to have a bit of a sort out in DS9 bedroom, and try to get some cards made too :thumbsup:

Taja
28-03-2009, 09:42 PM

:dance: