PDA

View Full Version : Odd but very tasty breakfast

wdwgrandma
29-03-2009, 01:54 PM
You good British folks might probably think John and I are weird, but we had scones and clotted cream for breakfast this morning! I sliced up some fresh strawberries to go with the scones, and we also nibbled on slices of some good English cheddar. All in all a tasty meal!

We each had a cranberry/orange scone, and we shared a wild blueberry scone. Not your usual breakfast, I'm sure, but all in all a delicious meal!

Thanks, Wendy, for the lovely scones and Devonshire clotted cream tea you prepared for us that was the inspiration for today's breakfast!

Mags
29-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Sounds delicious. I wouldnt mind an odd breakfast like that.

Margaret

Dorothy
29-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Now I'm hungry and want scones :wiggle:

Britchick
29-03-2009, 03:39 PM
is there a wrong time to have scones???:tongue:

wdwgrandma
29-03-2009, 04:19 PM
is there a wrong time to have scones???:tongue:
not as far as I'm concerned!

Wendy
29-03-2009, 06:44 PM
You good British folks might probably think John and I are weird, but we had scones and clotted cream for breakfast this morning! I sliced up some fresh strawberries to go with the scones, and we also nibbled on slices of some good English cheddar. All in all a tasty meal!

We each had a cranberry/orange scone, and we shared a wild blueberry scone. Not your usual breakfast, I'm sure, but all in all a delicious meal!

Thanks, Wendy, for the lovely scones and Devonshire clotted cream tea you prepared for us that was the inspiration for today's breakfast!

It sounds delicious Donna :hug2: Your face was a picture when I handed you the Sainsbury's cool bag with the goodies for your train journey :lol: :hug2:

It seems like a lifetime ago since you were here :sigh:

lisaw
29-03-2009, 06:48 PM
You are not wierd at all - I could eat scones, jam and clotted cream anytime of day or night :lol:

josh.p.
29-03-2009, 07:01 PM
ooh! Sounds lovely!!!! :yes: I love scones :yes:

uscwest
29-03-2009, 07:08 PM
It sounds delicious Donna :hug2: Your face was a picture when I handed you the Sainsbury's cool bag with the goodies for your train journey :lol: :hug2:

It seems like a lifetime ago since you were here :sigh:
It sure does Wendy and we sure wish we could come back. That Sainsbury's bag has gone to good use. We use it daily to transport our breakfast and/or lunch to work.

Wendy
29-03-2009, 07:14 PM
It sure does Wendy and we sure wish we could come back. That Sainsbury's bag has gone to good use. We use it daily to transport our breakfast and/or lunch to work.

:lol: and to think I told Donna to throw it away :lol: You'll be needing a replacement soon :D it's getting close to summer so they might have them again.