PDA

View Full Version : Slight Whine

foreverducky
29-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Okay, hope no one minds, but could I please have the opportunity to whine slightly. I'm having one of those days. :sorry:

I understand that none of my problems are the 'end of the world,' but right now, all together they have pushed me into a really bad mood. :mental:

1. :prof:Have loads of school work to do and would love to take a vacation to place where all I have to do is rest and relax. :tan::camping::couchsleep:(any of these look good)

2. Hitting plateau with weight loss. Still at 33 pounds. But I'm not giving up, just frustrated. Bought traditional bike and hope to be able to ride soon...you know, shake things up. :scales:

3. It's snowing and last night I had water dripping into my house near patio door. Not happy about this. I hate renting. :censored:

4. Having small tiff with friend...in case there are others out there who don't know this information....friendship is a TWO, count them 1,2 way road. :sigh:

5. Having issues with practicum related as people in this area out number the practicums available. And let me tell you folks, I'm not driving 2 hours on a good, no traffic day to any practicum, as when winter or traffic gets tough you might as well consider that ride 3 hours or more. :unimpressed:

mumof2
29-03-2009, 02:37 PM
of course we don't mind - i'm sorry it's all making you feel bad right now FD :hug2:

foreverducky
29-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Thank you. I guess my overall feeling is frustration.

Dorothy
29-03-2009, 03:07 PM
We all have those days Billie and coming here to whine a little is a good thing so that you can let some of the stress go :hug2: :hug2:

Claire
29-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Whine away Billie! I have been on a plateau for weeks now. I've been cycling every day for 5 days now in the hope it kick starts it again. Hope things pick up for you soon, that your friend gives back what you deserve and any other issues sort themselves out soon. :hug1:

Britchick
29-03-2009, 03:34 PM
:hug2:

Tink
29-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey, what's up with the plateau thing? Make room for me there. Too frustrating for words!!

Billie, you have every right to vent your frustrations. Sounds like things are pretty stressful right now. :hug2:

Sorry to hear about the friendship woes too. Things like that can be the hardest to deal with. :sigh:

MystikPiglit
29-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh dear, hope a :hug2: will help. Have a listen to some Disney music. :hug2:

foreverducky
29-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks everyone. Sometimes it's nice just to whine....some.

Just 12 pounds to go and it seems like I'll never get there.

And yes, the friendship thing is bothering me a lot right now and seems to be the most complicated.

mumof2
29-03-2009, 04:29 PM
would it help to talk about it Billie? :hug2:

foreverducky
29-03-2009, 04:37 PM
would it help to talk about it Billie? :hug2:

Thank you :hug2: I just need to talk this person and let them know that I felt disrespected by their actions. I was so mad yesterday I couldn't hardly see straight. I figured since I was so irrate that it wasn't a good thing to discuss things with them then. While this person said sorry for one action, it wasn't the action, that I feel that they should be apologizing for. :unsure: While I am a loyal and trustworthy friend, I will not be walked on.

MystikPiglit
29-03-2009, 04:39 PM
While I am a loyal and trustworthy friend, I will not be walked on.

Unfortunately, I know just how you feel. :hug2:
Maybe you could put your thoughts into a letter to them. It helps to see things clearer when you write them down. :hug2:

mumof2
29-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Is this the friend that you'd been looking forward to seeing, did they come and stay with you?

I gather your friend may have taken advantage somewhere along the line?
You did the best thing by not discussing it there and then, the way you felt you may have said something you may have regretted later. :hug2:

josh.p.
29-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Okay, hope no one minds, but could I please have the opportunity to whine slightly. I'm having one of those days. :sorry:

I understand that none of my problems are the 'end of the world,' but right now, all together they have pushed me into a really bad mood. :mental:

1. :prof:Have loads of school work to do and would love to take a vacation to place where all I have to do is rest and relax. :tan::camping::couchsleep:(any of these look good)

2. Hitting plateau with weight loss. Still at 33 pounds. But I'm not giving up, just frustrated. Bought traditional bike and hope to be able to ride soon...you know, shake things up. :scales:

3. It's snowing and last night I had water dripping into my house near patio door. Not happy about this. I hate renting. :censored:

4. Having small tiff with friend...in case there are others out there who don't know this information....friendship is a TWO, count them 1,2 way road. :sigh:

5. Having issues with practicum related as people in this area out number the practicums available. And let me tell you folks, I'm not driving 2 hours on a good, no traffic day to any practicum, as when winter or traffic gets tough you might as well consider that ride 3 hours or more. :unimpressed:
:hug2: It's good that you are venting. It really does help and we are all here to Listen :yes:
You have done brilliantly to come this far with your weight loss- and the last few pounds will probably seem like they will take Foreverr!!! but in 6 months I bet you'll look back and think "Wow! I thought they'd never come off" and you'll be able to go out in all your new clothes looking brilliant :yes:.

Your friend doesn't know how lucky s/he is and I'm sure they'll come to their senses if you let them know how you feel. :yes::hug2:

foreverducky
29-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Yes, it was my friend that came to visit. They came to visit last time and we had a great time. You know, long time no see kind of thing. We had set up another visit, as with my school schedule I have to move a lot of things around, not too mention getting my house ready for a visitor.
Well, we had plans for the visit, I cleaned big time, got towels ready for them, re-arranged homework schedule (working ahead and such), and then I waited for the day to arrive.
The day came, and yes, there was no set time, but I figured around the same time as last time...well, that time came and went. Finally got a call in the afternoon that said, they had a long night to due things that came up and that they had just gotten up. They said they were sorry for having to cancel. I'm okay with the cancel part, yes, I wanted to see them, but I understand sometimes things happen, but what I am upset about is that I waited, and waited and waited all day for news and got nothing. It would have taken 2 seconds to send a text way early in the morning stating that they would not be able to come. My time is valuable too.

foreverducky
29-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh, and I was told that they were up till the morning time, so there was time to text, if they didn't want to call. And I was also given the impression that I was not the first thing they did when they got up, so thinking that "hey, I should call her and let her know I'm not coming" was not at the top of the list. That's not only upsetting but hurtful.

Johnie
29-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Venting can be good for the soul :yes:

Don't ever let anyone tell you that you have no right being upset about things. It's all about perception.

:hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: to you hon. I have more if you need them.

foreverducky
29-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Thank you guys. I really do appreciate all the support.

PsychoAlice
29-03-2009, 06:25 PM
umm would this friend be the friend you bought new clothes for? Of the male persuasion?

mumof2
29-03-2009, 06:28 PM
oh Billie hunny, that really is hurtful and incredibly inconsiderate. :hug2:

Manners cost nothing after all do they, I can see why you're upset - i know i would be. Some people just don't think. :nono:

As for your weight sweetheart, you've done soooo well - remember you Tink and I started around the same time? You and Tink stuck at it, I lost for the wedding then it went right back on (and more) - I admire you so very much for your success and determination.

Hang on in there and it'll happen for you, even if it takes a while just remember how fantanstically well you've done already! :hug2:

foreverducky
29-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes, same friend. But yesterday I was wearing old/new clothes. New jeans that fit and old shirt.

I keep trekking along with the weight. I know that it will start moving in the right direction soon. Oh yes, so happy about the 33 pounds. I feel great.

PsychoAlice
29-03-2009, 11:51 PM
LMAO thats not what I was asking...I need to send you a copy of "The Rules"

That kind of behavior is a big no no to put up with...no excuses...people who make excuses do not care about your feelings...and should be promptly be sat at the curb with the trash...

Why should you be happy with the scraps of his time?

Johnie
29-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I used to have this poster

The Women's Rules

1.The female always makes the rules
2.The rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification.
3.No male can possibly know all the rules.
4.If the female suspects the MALE know all the rules, she must immediately change some or all of the rules.
5.The female is never wrong.
6.If the female is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding which was a result of something the male did or said wrong.
7.The male must apologize immediately for causing said misunderstanding.
8.The female may change her mind at any time.
9.The male must never change his mind without the express written consent of the female.
10.The female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.
11.The male must remain calm at all times unless the female wants him to be angry or upset.
12.The female must, under no circumstances, let the male know whether or not she wants him to be angry and/or upset.
13.The male is expected to mind read at all times.
14.Any attempt to document the rules could result in bodily harm.
15.If the female has PMS, all the rules are null and void.
16.The female is ready when she is ready.
17.The male must be ready at all time.
18.The male who doesn't abide by the rules can't take the heat, lacks backbone, and is a wimp.

foreverducky
30-03-2009, 02:10 AM
:lol: Johnie, those great and I will have to print them out. Thank you.

PA, I definitely told him, it's called being a friend and that he would not want to lose me as one.

foreverducky
30-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Again, I really do appreciate all of you guys letting me whine and being there for me. :hug2:

Deb
30-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Billie, I really haven't been around here at the weekend so this may be a bit late, but I wanted to send a :hug2:

What your friend did would annoy the heck out of me...it's so rude! I hate when people do that, really do. Bad enough sitting in waiting for a workman or something, but a friend?? You're right to tell him how you feel, and of course if he doesn't like it or get it then at least you'll know the terms of that friendship and make future decisions accordingly :yes:

Well done on your weight loss, you have done brilliantly :hug2: Stick at it and that plateau will suddenly drop away.

mumof2
30-03-2009, 09:43 AM
how are you feeling today hunny?

lozzy
30-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Oh what a bad time your having, have a BIG :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: I think you need it.

foreverducky
30-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Thank you!

Doing better today as I can't wallow in it, as I still have school work and such to do, ya know. Have decided if friend wants to visit again, then we will be narrowing down time and such. Friend is not the cable guy and I will not be subject to the traditional "between 8-5" scenario that we get with those people.

I will be picking up my new bike on Thursday, hope the weather will be good enough to put it together and then take it for a test run. And while I did eat a few of my feelings with pizza and low fat frozen yogurt, I am doing pretty well sticking to my diet. Need to go grocery shopping this week too.

mumof2
30-03-2009, 01:45 PM
sure, some people (although their intentions may not be bad) need to have things pointed out to them so i agree you should confirm a time and anthing else that needs to be arranged beforehand.

hope you enjoyed the pizza! :thumbsup:

foreverducky
30-03-2009, 01:48 PM
maybe a little too much, it was so yummy and I want more. :D

mumof2
30-03-2009, 04:25 PM
maybe a little too much, it was so yummy and I want more. :D

:lol: oops!

Taja
30-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Awwwww! Friends can be a pain at times, can't they, FD? Love them anyway, but sometimes you just have to remind them that their actions affect yours! :yes:

Hope you work something out on your practicum soon. Not liking the sound of a 2+ hours drive!

:hug2:

foreverducky
30-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks Taja! Hopefully only have to remind once.