PDA

View Full Version : Legoland

lozzy
30-03-2009, 06:39 PM
We are planning to make a trip to legoland in may and was wondering if anyone could recomend any good hotels, 2children and 2 adults.
we would like the hotel to have 1 double bed and 2 singles if possible.

Dawn
31-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Expensive area for hotels. Legoland, Windsor, Thorpe Park, Heathrow, M4/M25 corridor all in the area. Try looking around the Staines area - about 30 minutes from Windsor but a bit cheaper and it's a big town with stuff to do at night. There's a Premier Inn in the town I think.

Dizneyblonde
31-03-2009, 07:35 AM
When we go to Legoland we stay at the Travelodge at Reading.

Skywatcher
31-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Maidenhead holiday inn we stayed at i think - lovely warm pool there :thumbsup:

mumof2
31-03-2009, 08:18 AM
We've stayed at a Premier Inn and erm, somewhere else that I can't remeber the name of right now. both were in Slough, both in family rooms.

The Premier had a 6ft bed and a couple of rollaway beds. Nice and clean too, although that's going back a couple of years now.

The other one (a large one beginning with C i think) had underground parking and a pool.

Dizneyblonde
31-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Depends on your dates but 26th May (half term week) is 29 for 1 night at Reading M$ Eastbound which is 20 miles from Legoland.

Dizneyblonde
31-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Or the Bracknell one has cheap rates for certain dates in May and is only 8.5 miles form Legoland.

simonwebb74
31-03-2009, 10:41 AM
We've stayed at a Premier Inn and erm, somewhere else that I can't remeber the name of right now. both were in Slough, both in family rooms.

The Premier had a 6ft bed and a couple of rollaway beds. Nice and clean too, although that's going back a couple of years now.

The other one (a large one beginning with C i think) had underground parking and a pool.

You mean the Copthorne Hotel in Slough?

Personally the Travelodge type hotels in the area would probably be your best bet, unless you want the swimming pool and other amenities that the more expensive hotels offer.

Also, the traffic leaving Legoland is always far worse heading towards the M4, whereas heading towards the M3 and Bracknell is usually clear.

mumof2
31-03-2009, 10:44 AM
You mean the Copthorne Hotel in Slough?

Personally the Travelodge type hotels in the area would probably be your best bet, unless you want the swimming pool and other amenities that the more expensive hotels offer.

Also, the traffic leaving Legoland is always far worse heading towards the M4, whereas heading towards the M3 and Bracknell is usually clear.

yes that rings a bell, it could have been the Copthorne - we got a deal on Lastminute.com. Personally i didn't think it was any better than the Premier one we stayed at.

Taja
31-03-2009, 02:43 PM
:lol:

My brain immediately went to California. There is a LegoLand outside San Diego. :)

Decided that wasn't very logical! :lol:

lozzy
31-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I have booked a room in a premier Inn near Windsor. Thank you everyone for your help. I promise to take plenty of photos from the weekend and post. We are going during May.