PDA

View Full Version : The Wedding Planner - Invitations

mumof2
01-04-2009, 09:12 AM
We bought some ready-made invitations, they're simple and elegant....white with the word 'wedding' embossed and 'invitation' embossed in silver.

The plan is to put a strip of purple ribbon across the front with a red heart gem on that. We tried it out and it looks lovely.

After much deliberation we have a roll of ribbon in the perfect colour and now need to find gems in the correct size.

We're looking for 14-15mm red gem hearts (self adhesive preferably) which will be the perfect size. All we can seem to find in the UK so far are packs containing various sized gems, but we want all the one size.

I did find the correct size in packs of 10 plus some small hearts for 90p at our local garden centre, but they're the wrong colour and they cannot order the red ones in.

My sister found these (http://www.allstarco-store.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=191) in the USA but she put in a dummy order and the shipping cost is 30.00!

So once again my friends, can I please ask for your help in finding the perfect gems?

We don't mind ordering them from America but really can't justify spending that amount on shipping.

Tink
01-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Perhaps at a beading store or a jewelry making shop?

mumof2
01-04-2009, 11:05 AM
mmmm, there's an idea Tink.

she's been to Hobbycraft which, as far as i know, does pretty much everything but maybe she didn't look in that section. she's planning to visit again so i'll pass that idea on, thanks :thumbsup: