PDA

View Full Version : Monday Mumblings

Tink
06-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Well, the work week starts out with gray, drizzly skies. :sigh: Why is it that the lack of sunshine seems so much more problematic here in Florida than it did when I lived in the northeast? :unsure: It's rather like a necessity here...

I'll be traveling again this week, so my opportunities to be here with all of you will be limited. :sigh: I know this may sound silly, but I do so miss all of you when I'm not here! :spring:

The weekend went by far too quickly. We never got near WDW and intended to have a nice walk around the WS. :sigh: The lawn didn't get mowed, the plants didn't get planted... no time to do it all it seems. We'll have to work faster, I guess.

We did get things purchased for Easter. :yes: A certain young one is going to have quite a visit from the Easter Bunny. :D :D (His Da will be properly horrified).

Perhaps it's my "upbringing?" This week (the approach to Easter) always seems so very solemn, gray and tinged with sadness to me. :shrug:

Hope everyone else is having a Merrier Monday than I seem to be! :sorry:

So then? What are your plans for this week?

How are you going to incorporate Disney into your daily lives this week? :D :D

foreverducky
06-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Ah Tink :hug2: You know the sun does help to make for a brighter day in many ways.

I've got 3 weeks of school left and loads to do, so unfortunately I will be super busy now until finals. I am hoping practicum stuff gets worked out to, may have light at the end of the tunnel...may is the key word.

Well, Disney is always around me. My office has many pictures from my disney trips. And I just adore my big villian poster that is right next to my desk. :D

Tink
06-04-2009, 12:04 PM
:yes: Good Disney influences on your everyday life!!! :yes: :D

I so hope you have a good solution for your practicum! :pdust: :pdust:

I'm hoping the drizzle subsides as I have to go to Sanford later this morning. Damp roads are more of a hazard here than full out rain.

Isafari
06-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I have the week off from work. I'm going to start my first ever attempt at a scrapbook. The subject yet to be decided between a look back at our WDW trips or, in memory of Mam.

Tink
06-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh geez, Issy. :hug2: :hug2:

foreverducky
06-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Oh yes, those slick roads are bad. A little water on the roads and drivers forget that they are slick. I remember sitting at a light and having a car in my lane up ahead facing my direction, as they had spun around. Not good. You be careful!

Diane, oh your first scrapbook. :D My only piece of advice: don't worry about making it perfect, it's supposed to be fun.

MystikPiglit
06-04-2009, 12:22 PM
:wiggle: DS just rang me from Orlando! He was looking out over Universal Studios from his hotel room on I-Drive. :mickeybounce:

How are you going to incorporate Disney into your daily lives this week? :D :D

By listening to this whenever I'm on here. :D

http://www.mouseinfo.com/cms/radio/

Tink
06-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh! This is the week your DS is here! :9: I hope the weather clears for them. :sigh: It's supposed to be nice, but it's also Central Florida so the weather is always a wild card. :sigh:

MystikPiglit
06-04-2009, 12:28 PM
It's supposed to be nice, but it's also Central Florida so the weather is always a wild card. :sigh:

He won't mind either way, he's just so happy to be there. :thumbsup:

Tink
06-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Did he mention if he was finding things very crowded? We thought the park was really busy last Thursday evening (when walking around the WS).

MystikPiglit
06-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Did he mention if he was finding things very crowded? We thought the park was really busy last Thursday evening (when walking around the WS).

They only arrived last night, but their hotel isn't over-busy and they didn't have a problem eating out on I-Drive last night.

Tink
06-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Ah. Ok. :D Well, I hope things go absolutely perfectly for them. :yes:

Dawn
06-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I've taken the boy shopping this morning as he had some birthday money to spend. That (and a bit extra from Mummy) went in the Lego shop.

Then we bought school shoes. I think Clarks are fed up with me screaming HOW MUCH!! every time we go in there. The boy has had a growth spurt and gone from a 13 to a 1.5 in 6 weeks. Well I've bought the school shoes. Daddy will have to take him in at the weekend for out of school shoes. I'm not blowing the holiday fun funds on shoes. :lol:

Taja
06-04-2009, 02:07 PM
It's supposed to be bright and sunny here (so what's new?) today, with the temperature flirting with 90 degrees for a couple of days. Then a cold front is supposed to move in and push the temperature back into the low to mid 70s for a day or two before climbing again. That's good--it holds the 100+ degree temperatures at bay just a little longer! :thumbsup:

My plan for the next two weeks is to survive through April 15th (D-Day for most income tax returns) without becoming totally exhausted. My part-time work is taking over my life, but I'm learning a lot about public accounting, which was my goal. :)

Tink, watch those roads! We have the same issue: just a tiny bit of moisture turns them into an oil slick. Much better when it rains for a bit--until the roads flood! :rolleyes:

Johnie
06-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Now that you mention it, it does always seem to be gray and overcast this week. It certainly is that way here right now.

I am heading off to Florida tomorrow night. Me and the girls (Alysia, Jordan and Shannon) are going to Universal Wed through Sat. We're driving so hopefully traffic won't be too bad.

I will miss WDW but I am sure it will be packed this week!!

Mari
06-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Due to Easter I only work today and tomorrow...

Im very excited about spending time with Tatiana :)

Still, Easter also makes me a bit sad.....

As for the weather, its bright and sunshiny... hahaha.... its about 90degrees.... pretty hot!!!

And well... I have to do a better job with Tatiana and Disney characters.. we only have Mickey, Pooh and Tinkerbell identified... hahahaha

Tink
06-04-2009, 05:26 PM
That's wonderful, Mari! It's great that you can have some time with the baby. :yes: I think that's a pretty good job of identification for such a little one! :D

So then? Does our beautiful Tatiana have a new Easter outfit? :D

JOHNIE!!! :eek: You are NOT going to WDW???!!!!! :thud:

Johnie
06-04-2009, 05:29 PM
It's Easter! Do you know how crowded WDW is right now??? We're going to Universal and staying at Royal Pacific so we can do the front of the line thing.

I DO have an AP so I could always sneak away one evening and go see my castle whilst the girls hang out at Universal. They are all adults now except for Jordan (she's still 17)

Tink
06-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I have a good idea how crowded it is. :D LOL.

Just surprises me. :D US/IOA will be busy too. :yes:

Johnie
06-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Yep but we have the FOTL which will make it all bearable :tongue:

Tink
06-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Sure hope so! :yes:

Dorothy
06-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Johnie I wanna go too !!!!