PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo

mainecoon lover
07-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Are rodeo's just in the summer months or all year long. Though it would be a good evening out :bullride: (closest to rodeo smilie as we don't seem to have one )

Johnie
07-04-2009, 05:00 PM
I know nothing about rodeos except that I would have an asthma attack if I went to one.

However, I did a google search and found the Silver Spurs Rodeo in Osceola County, FL. It's held in February and June.

http://www.silverspursrodeo.com/index.asp

mumof2
07-04-2009, 05:05 PM
oooh interesting!

mainecoon lover
08-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks Johnie :thumbsup: sadly not on when we are there.

Shogun
08-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeee Haaaw!! We are there in June. Might give it a try.
http://www.heathersanimations.com/horses/cowboy-bull.gif

josh.p.
08-04-2009, 07:01 PM
:( I really couldn't go to one of those. The way animals are treated there, for me, just doesn't bare thinking about :( I know you aren't actively involved in actually doing the damage- but paying to watch one is funding them to do more :(

mainecoon lover
09-04-2009, 11:05 AM
:( I really couldn't go to one of those. The way animals are treated there, for me, just doesn't bare thinking about :( I know you aren't actively involved in actually doing the damage- but paying to watch one is funding them to do more :(

I understand what you are saying Josh :yes:. You are a very caring young man :hug2:

Isafari
09-04-2009, 11:52 AM
:( I really couldn't go to one of those. (

I'm with you there Josh :)

foreverducky
09-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I would love to ride one of thos mechanical bulls!

Taja
09-04-2009, 08:04 PM
There are a number of different rodeo circuits throughout the US. Some are in cooler weather, others spring/summer/autumn if colder climates. The championship is held in December in Las Vegas.

josh.p.
09-04-2009, 10:31 PM
I would love to ride one of thos mechanical bulls!
I've ridden one before. They really hurt... your.... well... I suppose you don't have to worry about that!

Just a warning to all the men: DO NOT RIDE MECHANICAL BULLS WITHOUT ADEQUATE PROTECTION!

foreverducky
09-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I've ridden one before. They really hurt... your.... well... I suppose you don't have to worry about that!

Just a warning to all the men: DO NOT RIDE MECHANICAL BULLS WITHOUT ADEQUATE PROTECTION!

:laughhard: Oh you poor guy! But that's also funny! Sometimes it pays to be a woman. :tongue: