PDA

View Full Version : wicked the musical

Britchick
04-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Lisaw has been to see this this afternoon and says she thought it was 'amazing'

i'm so glad coz i've been banging on about it for ages!!

Watchinherskip
04-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I understand it is awesome. We got my DD tickets for her January birthday. The national touring company is here in May. We can't wait.

Britchick
04-08-2009, 05:55 PM
i think that if you love disney shows you will love it. I can't wait to see it again! wish they'd make a movie

Dizneyblonde
04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I'd love to see it!

Beccaberry
04-08-2009, 06:11 PM
It was *incredible*. Absolutely, utterly, completely AMAZING.

The number just before the intermission is absolutely breathtaking. Afterwards, when we were backstage, we were asked if there was anything we wanted to have explained (from a technical standpoint). I literally THREW my hands over my ears and said, "DON'T YOU DARE!!!"

By far and away my favorite show so far.

You've just reminded me I want to download the soundtrack! :D

Britchick
04-08-2009, 06:16 PM
I'd love to see it!

when you get back from Disney you can save to go, would love to see it with you!

It was *incredible*. Absolutely, utterly, completely AMAZING.

The number just before the intermission is absolutely breathtaking. Afterwards, when we were backstage, we were asked if there was anything we wanted to have explained (from a technical standpoint). I literally THREW my hands over my ears and said, "DON'T YOU DARE!!!"

You've just reminded me I want to download the soundtrack! :D

i was in shock at the end of the first half, i have the soundtrack and know it off by heart- so does Caitlin!!

Beccaberry
04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Johnie and I literally caught one another with our mouths hanging open several times...there were so many surprises!! But they were surprises that made sense, you know? So that once they were revealed you thought, "OF COURSE!!!"

lisaw
04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I cried when Elphaba sang The Wizard and I and again at Defying Gravity - then the lights went on and I was a wreck :lol:

It was so fantastic, I loved how it all fit with the Wizard of Oz and I agree it is quite Disney like. :yes:

I feel emotionally exhausted now :lol: and I want to see it again :lol:

Beccaberry
04-08-2009, 06:20 PM
I cried when Elphaba sang The Wizard and I and again at Defying Gravity - then the lights went on and I was a wreck :lol:

YES! Defying Gravity was INCREDIBLE.

I feel emotionally exhausted now :lol: and I want to see it again :lol:

EXACTLY!

Britchick
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
what did everyone else think?

lisaw
04-08-2009, 06:27 PM
what did everyone else think?

They loved it, Caitlin keeps coming out with little things she has now realised, we watched the Wizard of Oz last night, we need to watch it again now :D

Britchick
04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
there's something on the hallmark channel on good friday- a wizzard of oz mini series.

my favourite blubbing bit was 'i'm not that girl'

was it Ollie playing Fiero? and Alexia or Kerry?

lisaw
04-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Yes Oliver was Fiero and Kerry was Elphaba - she was amazing, it was her voice that had me blubbing :yes:

Britchick
04-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Yes Oliver was Fiero and Kerry was Elphaba - she was amazing, it was her voice that had me blubbing :yes:

i thought he was quite dishy! especially when i got his autograph:yes: Alexia is coming back soon i believe.

I want to see it on Broadway now.

lisaw
04-08-2009, 06:40 PM
i thought he was quite dishy! especially when i got his autograph:yes:

He had very tight trousers on at the beginning! :lol:

Britchick
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
He had very tight trousers on at the beginning! :lol:

indeed :yes:

hubba hubba:tongue:

Dizneyblonde
04-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Perhaps i could save for a girlie trip after our hols then :D

Britchick
04-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Perhaps i could save for a girlie trip after our hols then :D

sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

josh.p.
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
I *badly* NEED to see Wicked!! My Mum and Dad really aren't convinced and don't want to see it but I think if they watched it they'd love it!

Dizneyblonde
04-08-2009, 07:31 PM
sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

We could get a travelodge between us and look for a deal on tickets and i can get a cheap train fare in advance!

Britchick
04-08-2009, 07:46 PM
We could get a travelodge between us and look for a deal on tickets and i can get a cheap train fare in advance!

name the day girlfriend!!! Josh you'd be welcome to join us ............if you could stand at least 2 blubbery old girls :point:

josh.p.
04-08-2009, 07:49 PM
name the day girlfriend!!! Josh you'd be welcome to join us ............if you could stand at least 2 blubbery old girls :point:

Oh.. I'm... uhh.... umm... busy on that day.... :unsure: washing my hair :unsure: :exit:

Just kidding.. I think it's a bit far for me to go to be honest, I am saving my pennies for driving lessons too :thumbsup: Thanks for the offer though- if I was able to then I would glady join you!! :hug2:

Dizneyblonde
04-08-2009, 07:58 PM

Who's the other blubbery old girl then?:unsure:

Britchick
04-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Who's the other blubbery old girl then?:unsure:

me :tongue: or Lisa :tongue: you are both older than me, one of you substantially

Dizneyblonde
04-08-2009, 08:07 PM
me :tongue: or Lisa :tongue: you are both older than me, one of you substantially

OOh Lisa won't be pleased with that comment :taunt:

lisaw
04-08-2009, 08:13 PM
It's not me who is 'substantially older' :whistle:

Dizneyblonde
04-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Who is she talking about then? :unsure:

:lol:

So you up for a girlie weekend too Lisa?
Is it cheaper to do a weekend or a weekday during the hols?

Britchick
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
usually cheaper at weekends off peak i would say.

can we paint our faces green?

there's a bar down the road that does 'ozmatolitans'

Dizneyblonde
04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
When do they class as off peak?

Britchick
04-08-2009, 08:34 PM
When do they class as off peak?

winter months but not holidays iyswim

Dizneyblonde
04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
So combined with an xmas shopping trip might work then :D

Britchick
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
So combined with an xmas shopping trip might work then :D

haven't you got something big going on around the end of november :taunt:

Dizneyblonde
04-08-2009, 08:45 PM
haven't you got something big going on around the end of november :taunt:

Yes i know but but i wanna go!

Would January be better then when Xmas is over and we all need cheering up?
Which theatre is it at?

Britchick
04-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Yes i know but but i wanna go!

Would January be better then when Xmas is over and we all need cheering up?
Which theatre is it at?

i think jan would be perfect. it's at the victoria apollo

Dizneyblonde
04-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Ok so i need a travelodge near there then.
And a cheap train to Victoria (shouldn't be a problem)
Off to check ticket prices...

Shellyamc
04-09-2009, 12:13 AM
My sister got us tickets to Wicked for my birthday and we went to see it together. I think by the end of the first act we were almost in each other's laps!! We both were just a mess and we still can't stop talking about it. I think it will be coming back through..so I'm sure we will be going again:yes:

Johnie
04-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I understand it is awesome. We got my DD tickets for her January birthday. The national touring company is here in May. We can't wait.

What day are you going? We're going to the 2pm show on May 17th.

I saw it with Rebecca on Broadway a couple of weeks ago and it was beyond phenomenal!!!! I literally bust out crying after it was all over and the house lights came on.

MarkE
04-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Who asked about this being made in to a movie? Was it Britchick?

According to Wikipedia (and several other sources), you'll get your wish... in 2011 - 2012!!!

I'm hoping to see this over the summer - Went to see Mamma Mia in NYC in February and have tickets for Carousel and Chicago lined up for May and June. I'm catching musical fever!!