View Full Version : 3 Kids hit Disney - MGM

02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Saturday 25th August

Who’d have thought being a princess would be such hard work?!
We finally woke up at 9.30 obviously exhausted at last night’s party animal behaviour!

MGM was on the itinerary card today so MGM it was!!!

We arrived at the entrance by 10.30am and within 30 seconds were having our photo taken in front of the hat!!

First stop of the day was Tower of Terror. The wait was too long for our liking so we decided to get fastpasses.

The fastpass machine obviously hadn’t had breakfast as it decided to eat our ‘keys to the world’!!!
Luckily there was a young (wink) English CM on duty and after a traumatising 30 second wait we had our keys returned along with complimentary fastpasses, to go with the ones it had spat out, for all the inconvenience!!

After discovering the single rider line at Everest we decided to try it on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. We managed 2 circuits in quick succession before it was time to use both sets of fastpasses on TOT. DS used to hate this ride but now he screams like a girl along with the rest of us.

It was disappointing that the walkway where Millionaire used to be is al blocked off so we take a look at Narnia and Walt’s Dream

before doubling back on ourselves in search of DS’s other favourites Mike and Sulley.

Luckily photopass person was on duty so I got in the pic too!!

Hunger was setting in now as we’d given breakfast a miss so it would have been silly not to go to Pizza Planet. This free dining is fab!!!
We bumped into our Canadian friends from the other night’s Wishes and the kids were rather naughty and rude about a certain lady who popped up in our photos!!!

Lights Motor Action wasn’t on for another 45 minutes so we had time to fit in the Backlot Tour first. There was a bit of a wait and the kids got bored!

We had seen LMA at Disneyland Paris but it still has DS on the edge of his seat. Despite screaming like a girl on TOT he’s still a man’s boy deep down as he loves fast cars!

Buzz and Woody were just making an appearance as we left LMA and we were lucky enough to be the first ones in the line – DS is a happy chappy once again.

Talking of happy chappies it was time for DS’s absolute favourite Indiana Jones. I think that once you’ve seen this show you really don’t need to see it again and again but DS begs to differ. We are in early so get a seat down at the front.
DS watches with his chin on his lap as usual while I check receipts in my bag and flick back through the photos we had taken. Anything to pass the time.

Anyway DS had heard somewhere (I must stop him reading these forums!!) that Indy does a meet and greet for photos and autographs at the end of the show.
My agony is prolonged as we wait for him to make and appearance but it was worth it as up close he was a bit of a hunk.

Now me and DS are happy DD asks if we can watch the High School Musical Pep Rally. I’d already checked the photos and receipts so I wondered what on earth I was going to do to save me dying from boredom.

However I shocked myself when I realised that I was singing along with everyone else. HSM playing on loop on SKY+ obviously had more impact than I thought.

The kids ran over to get FP for TOT again while I had some retail therapy.

By the time they found me, ok so I didn’t stay in the shop I said I would, we just had enough time for The Great Movie Ride before our FP time was up.

We had an ADR booked at 50’s Prime Time and were meting up with a friend I’d got to know on another forum so we headed over there a little nervously.
Johnnie was already waiting for us with her daughter and a friend so we said our hellos and were soon seated.
We loved this place and it was perfect as an ice breaker for two families who had never met!!

The server interaction was fab and the kids were made to lay the table and were constantly warned to keep their elbows off the table.

I can’t remember exactly what we had to eat but I do remember the Pot Roast is to die for!!
The kids tried to hide their veg but were sussed by the server and made to eat it.
We had great fun and both families got on really well.

We could hear some strange noises coming from outside and realised that there was a thunderstorm.
We had planned to stay for Fantasmic so the kids were really upset. We never saw it at all on our last trip because it was rained of the 3 nights we tried to see it!

A CM told us that it was cancelled so we said goodbye to Johnnie (for now) and made our way to the bus.
We could see fireworks coming from the mountain direction but we will never know if we missed it after all.

On our return to ASMo we collected the many packages that had accumulated in the shop. I love the collect at resort service.

The kids ran back to the room to collect our refillable mugs for a bedtime drink then we dodged the showers and sorted some stuff before going to bed.

02-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Indy is a hunk!

09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Did you ever get to see Fantasmic? We had such a good time that night :p015:

09-07-2008, 09:58 PM
We went back another night when MGM had EMH and managed to get in!

Have bought a DVD of it since so we don't have to chance the wether again!!!

09-07-2008, 09:58 PM
We loved our meal at Prime Time that night.

The kids still talk about meeting you know and ask if we will see you next year!!!

10-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Just tell me when and I am sure we can probably come

20-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Get your elbows off the table!

22-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Fantastic day!!

23-10-2008, 07:33 PM
yummy indy