PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Theft Prevention Tips

Mari
16-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Well... nobody wants to come out of a ride or a show to find that their stroller has gone missing.... :thumbsdown:

So.. what are your TIPS to preventing that??

Kate
16-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Take a manky one - no one will want that! Seriously though, i wouldnt take one that was worth a lot of money or anything, just one that does the job is fine!

Beccaberry
16-04-2009, 07:35 PM
I have to say, I've never even considered it...

Yes, I know it *can* happen, I guess I just choose not to think about it :D

Having said that...what about a bicycle lock?

Ursula
16-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Get a nappy (diaper) open it out and squeeze in some nutella and let it ooze out abit, place into a clear ziplock bag so no flies or wasps give the game away and leave it on the top. Also a squish of mustard in there will definitely make sure no one will be taking YOUR stroller. I'm serious! When walking around the park cover it up but when leaving stroller put it out there.

Dawn
17-04-2009, 06:42 AM
We never worried about it. Just don't take a really expensive one.

Tink
17-04-2009, 11:39 AM
We've had our Disney rental stroller taken. More of an aggravation than anything. So if you do rent one of those nasty things, keep the ticket so you can get it replaced if someone walks off with it.

We had our very new (very nice!) personal stroller go missing once. A cast member had moved it so very far from the actual place where it had been parked (legally, I might add) that we thought it was stolen. Once I managed to find it, I raised holy bananas that a CM would have done that. Didn't get anywhere, but sure did chew off an ear.

Don't keep anything valuable on it, of course. Keep a poncho handy to drop over it in the rain (if it doesn't come with a rain shield cover as ours did) and any time you are away from it. It keeps nosy parkers from having a scan of the stroller, plus makes it a bit easier to find in the grand scheme of things. If you are parking it in a general area where a CM will manhandle it, be sure to ask the CM before you leave if it will be moved, and where it is likely to be moved to. :rolleyes:

A wheel lock isn't a bad idea. That way you can lock it anywhere, without worrying about having something to lock it to. :yes:

We learned the hard way to buy/bring a stroller that collapses small enough or flat enough to easily fit on the trams, buses, monorails, etc. Our's does not, and that makes for a problematic time when we have to use it on Disney transport.

Mari
17-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Having said that...what about a bicycle lock?

yeap! thats what I think.. except you can only use it to lock the wheels, you cant lock the stroller to any WDW property.... so not all strollers are good for this

Get a nappy (diaper) open it out and squeeze in some nutella and let it ooze out abit, place into a clear ziplock bag so no flies or wasps give the game away and leave it on the top. Also a squish of mustard in there will definitely make sure no one will be taking YOUR stroller. I'm serious! When walking around the park cover it up but when leaving stroller put it out there.

hahahaha.... this is a good idea! hadnt thought of it....

We've had our Disney rental stroller taken. More of an aggravation than anything. So if you do rent one of those nasty things, keep the ticket so you can get it replaced if someone walks off with it.

We had our very new (very nice!) personal stroller go missing once. A cast member had moved it so very far from the actual place where it had been parked (legally, I might add) that we thought it was stolen. Once I managed to find it, I raised holy bananas that a CM would have done that. Didn't get anywhere, but sure did chew off an ear.

Don't keep anything valuable on it, of course. Keep a poncho handy to drop over it in the rain (if it doesn't come with a rain shield cover as ours did) and any time you are away from it. It keeps nosy parkers from having a scan of the stroller, plus makes it a bit easier to find in the grand scheme of things. If you are parking it in a general area where a CM will manhandle it, be sure to ask the CM before you leave if it will be moved, and where it is likely to be moved to. :rolleyes:

A wheel lock isn't a bad idea. That way you can lock it anywhere, without worrying about having something to lock it to. :yes:

We learned the hard way to buy/bring a stroller that collapses small enough or flat enough to easily fit on the trams, buses, monorails, etc. Our's does not, and that makes for a problematic time when we have to use it on Disney transport.

We are planning on taking our own.. with a 19m old, I think she will be more interested at walking IN the parks, and very tired the moment we leave... hahahahahaha

Its a great idea to check with a CM if it will be moved, and to use a poncho.... or a rain cover I guess....

meeshybee
22-04-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm planning to attach my name & cell # to it/them (debating how many to take), although I haven't quite figured out how yet. Something waterproof, at least. Maybe pin a laminated card to it?

Anyway, in a park made for children you have to assume that there will be at LEAST one other stroller that looks like yours. Especially a well known brand name. Someone could accidentally take it and not realize their mistake immediately. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

As far as the diaper idea, try a chocolate bar (one without nuts) especially with nougat or peanut butter. It'll melt very convincingly in the Florida sun and the diaper will probably absorb some of the color.