PDA

View Full Version : Friday already?

Dawn
17-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Well that went quickly.

Easter break over - back to school/work Monday. Still time for a couple more days out though. Me and Steven are off to Marwell Zoo today (with camera :D ) and a trip to the space castle on Sunday.

Who took the sun? :unsure:

Dizneyblonde
17-04-2009, 08:13 AM
We've got the sun here,for now.

I'm sat waiting for the gas man to come and check my boiler.Could be a long day...

Disneybumble
17-04-2009, 08:40 AM
How fast have these weeks gone. We have got friends around today and then out tonight. The sun has gone from here but the forecast is sunny for the next 4 days.

Dizneyblonde
17-04-2009, 09:06 AM
I can't believe where this year has gone already.It doesn't seem possible that my op was nearly 10 weeks ago and we only have 16 weeks til we go on holiday.
It'll soon be Christmas...

josh.p.
17-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I am SOOO pleased to go back to college on Monday... not because I like it (pfft) but because it's only 3 weeks till a month's study leave... and ALL my exams are in that first week!!! :awesome:

Tink
17-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Friday? Is it? :unsure: It's been a week. Whhhhhoooooeeee. :sigh: I'm going to head home later this afternoon. I hope the weather holds and it's a much better drive than the one out here!

Next week I'll be working at a community close enough to my home that I don't have to stay in a hotel, YAYAAAAAYYYY!!!!! :D

Kind of a somber week overall, wasn't it? With the 20 Anniversary of the 96, and "tax day" here (same day, actually) plus the nasty weather. More like the week leading up to Easter usually is, instead of the week after Easter. :shrug:

I've listened to my Irish tapes some... I can actually piece together a few phrases now. :D LOL. I can't begin to spell the language yet, but I can say, thank you, and I'd like a piece of cake! :lol: Important things if I ever get the chance to use the language! :D :D
Oh, I can say where I live too. :D :D It is wicked great fun to learn another language, I think. :yes: There are some words in Irish that sound disturbingly close to errrmmmm socially unacceptable English words! :eek: The word for Mother is quite hard to pronounce, I think. :unsure: I'll have to keep working on it.

May I tell you all how wonderful it is to come here each day? Especially when I am traveling and working nearly every minute except for those few that I'm sleeping (and I never sleep well away from my home). I can come here and know that I am amongst good people who have warmth, and heart and true caring for one another with no games, no nonsense, no deliberate misunderstandings, no working to find something to argue with someone about. It's a safe place, Secrets. And for that I thank each and every one of you. :hug2:

I hope you all have something nice planned for the weekend! Me? I STILL trying to get those forget me nots planted! :sigh:

wdwgrandma
17-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Nathanael is coming over in a couple of hours and will spend the night so that Mommy and Daddy can have some alone time to celebrate Daddy's 30th birthday.

Gulp! My baby is 30? Waaaaaaaa

Skywatcher
17-04-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm sat waiting for the gas man to come and check my boiler.Could be a long day...

Boom Chikka wah wah

;)

Skywatcher
17-04-2009, 10:56 AM
:mental: space castle :mental: we're gonna have fun and hopefully a bit of sun to look at :D.

I have been cleaning my garage :D

Hope Marwell is nice

Tink
17-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Ooooh, garage cleaning. That usually turns up a few treasures! Find any hidden in yours?

Skywatcher
17-04-2009, 11:00 AM
No just a 'nest' in the corner - looks like it may have been a mouse one :unsure: we had a lot of rubbish in there that needed to go and I wanted to get all my scope stuff organised :yes:

The main problem is we're not allowed to put out cardboard for the bin man so it has to go somewhere inbetween trips to the tip :rolleyes:

Tink
17-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Oh. I see. Our garage is a hodgepodge right now and desperately needs cleaning and organizing. :sigh: Care to come help? :D

We have some racks that are used to hold food items, and other racks that were supposed to contain the myriad of other things one needs to have on hand, but it simply mushroomed from there. :sigh: Now, you can ease the car in, gently (so I suppose there is some hope) but it's really messy and needs attention.

Simply a matter of finding the time and preferably before it gets too hot to do the work.

Offer stands, you and Lisa can have the queen guest room and the boys can have Seth's room. :D :D We'll have a bbq once the garage is clean and Herself will make you her absolutely "eat until you can't move" baby back ribs. :yes: (The secret is in the sauce! Jameson. :D :D :D ).

MystikPiglit
17-04-2009, 01:49 PM
I've had a couple of good days this week, at last.
My DD came round and we had a fabulous Disney Planning Day. :mickeybounce: We even had Mickey bars.:mickeybar:Then the following day she took me to see 'Joseph'. :thumbsup:

Johnie
17-04-2009, 02:01 PM
It is a beautiful day here. It finally stopped raining and it's supposed to be in the mid 70's.

Tonight we are taking my dad out to celebrate his birthday.
Tomorrow is Alysia's prom so I will have lots and lots of pictures soon.

Skywatcher
17-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Dawn texted to say that

'Rhinos do quite a lot of wee at one time'

:unsure:

Johnie
17-04-2009, 02:06 PM
:tongue: so do giraffes. We noticed that on the safari one time. The giraffe just stopped in the middle of the road and we had to wait...and wait...:tongue:

Skywatcher
17-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I was once weed on by a Tiger

Johnie
17-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey you and Isafari have a lot in common :tongue:

Skywatcher
17-04-2009, 02:28 PM
:yes: I was 'marked' or 'drenched' as it were

Figment
17-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Two of my sister's kids are descending today. Tomorrow the local amusement park Kings Island (http://www.visitkingsisland.com/) is having its opening day and the unveiling of its newest rollercoaster...Diamondback (http://www.kidiamondback.com/). My nephew has been salivating for months. They're taking Jordan along so it will be quiet at our house.

:coaster:

Quick info on Diamondback the tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster to ever strike Kings Island. Diamondback stands 230 feet at its highest point with a first drop of 215 feet at a 74 degree angle and snakes its way around 5,282 feet of track in excess of 80 miles per hour! The ride features 10 vertical drops overall including drops of 193, 131, 129, 110 and 106 feet, two helixes one at 323 degrees and the other at 287 degrees and a spectacular splashdown ending.

Johnie
17-04-2009, 03:31 PM
ok I want to ride it!!

Skywatcher
17-04-2009, 03:50 PM
OOoooo Figment there was a cracking Dr Who special on over Easter :yes:

Mari
17-04-2009, 03:53 PM
I would love to be at the Zoo with Tatiana today...

Figment
17-04-2009, 03:58 PM
OOoooo Figment there was a cracking Dr Who special on over Easter :yes:

I know. :yes: We watched it Saturday night. :thumbsup: Thank goodness for the wonder that is the internet.:worship:

But I am so not ready to say goodbye to the 10th Doctor.:thumbsdown:

Skywatcher
17-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I know :( Lisa got the box set season 3 for Mothers day :D

Figment
17-04-2009, 04:33 PM
I have the box set of all 4 seaons and both seasons of Torchwood. :lol:

Dawn
17-04-2009, 05:25 PM
The rhino put on quite a wee display for us.

The fossa however were hiding. :sigh:

The leopard would only show us its ear. :(

The tiger and the cheetah paraded for us. :D

Photos tomorrow. :mental:

josh.p.
17-04-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm gettin an iPhone on Monday :redbounce::happydance::mental:

Britchick
17-04-2009, 05:56 PM
welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll i just got paid for my first photo shoot:yes: annnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddd

i bought an iphone

oooh snap Josh lol!!

Mari
17-04-2009, 06:12 PM
The rhino put on quite a wee display for us.

The fossa however were hiding. :sigh:

The leopard would only show us its ear. :(

The tiger and the cheetah paraded for us. :D

Photos tomorrow. :mental:

sounds like a good trip!!! :)

I'm gettin an iPhone on Monday :redbounce::happydance::mental:

yei!!!!!!

welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll i just got paid for my first photo shoot:yes: annnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddd

i bought an iphone

oooh snap Josh lol!!

oh! you beat Josh!!! Congratulations!!!

Skywatcher
17-04-2009, 06:13 PM
:lol: the madness is spreading :mental:

maybe the Fossa were out buying iPhones :unsure:

josh.p.
17-04-2009, 06:15 PM
:lol: the madness is spreading :mental:
More like the ebaying finally earned Josh enough money :rotfl:

maybe the Fossa were out buying iPhones :unsure:
*josh has to clean tea off his mac*

Dawn
17-04-2009, 06:20 PM
They were actually laying on top of their sleeping boxes, so high up you could just see a glimpse of brown fur. No doubt downloading their WDW Dine application on to their new i phones. :unsure: