PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Service

Matt_Heather
19-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Hello All,

Heather and I are wondering if anyone has used the Valet Laundry Service from Disney before? We would like to find out if you have had any issues with the services and what are some of the cost? We are staying at the Port orleans River side!

Thanks

foreverducky
20-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Wow, I didn't even know that they had valet laundry service.

Tink
20-04-2009, 01:03 AM
I don't know, but they may? I know some resorts have a place to do your own laundry (coin operated machines). Not sure about valet laundry though.

foreverducky
20-04-2009, 01:21 AM
I thought they only had the coin operated ones. :unsure:

Tink
20-04-2009, 01:23 AM
That very well could be. Perhaps at the GF there is a valet laundry, but I know the other deluxes have coin operated laundries.

Matt_Heather
20-04-2009, 01:57 AM
It is listed under service at the Port Orleans. We were just trying to figure out if it was better to bring less clothes and do laundry one night or a full thing of clothes for the 10 days. When looking online it showed that there was valet laundry service and just curious if anyone had used it before.

Tink
20-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Well, you know more about it than do I! :D I've not ever used valet laundry, so can't help you at all. All I know about are the coin operated laundries at many of the resorts at WDW.

Dawn
20-04-2009, 07:09 AM
They do have it but it's wicked expensive - something like $3 for a t-shirt. Better off just whizzing it all through the machines yourself.

uscwest
20-04-2009, 11:52 AM
They do have it but it's wicked expensive - something like $3 for a t-shirt. Better off just whizzing it all through the machines yourself.
I absolutely agree with Dawn. All of the resorts have self service laundry facilities. The Valet Laundry Service is VERY EXPENSIVE.

Debbie2
20-04-2009, 01:27 PM
It is very expensive but if you need specific things doing it is a great service. DH spilt red wine on his trousers on the flight out. We put them in the bag in the morning and they were back hanging in the wardrobe that night - cost $6 but the trousers would have been ruined otherwise.

I have also used it for the few dressy things I take for smart dining.

Tink
20-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't think $6 is too bad for pick up, cleaning, pressing, and delivery. It would cost that much at a dry cleaner (here, anyway). :yes:

Thanks, Debbie for the example. :yes: (Hope all is well with you and your family)!

Mari
20-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I guess if like Debbie said you want it for somehting specific its worth it, but to have all your laundry washed it would be too expensive.

However, having used the coin machines, they work, arents too expensive and you can spend that time at the resort's pool relaxing and resting a bit.