PDA

View Full Version : I really hate surprises

BevW
07-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Ok....here's the deal. Rick and I are going to be celebrating our 30th...YES...30 anniversary in September. I'm all excited for sure. Anyway, since he's been retired from his job for a year, and working at the airport (he's in the security dept) our finances aren't what they used to be. We've decided to not get each other anything expensive. I'm all for that. In fact..he's gone so far as to say this upcoming RoadTrip is our anniversary gift to each other.

So...right before we nod off to sleep...I asked him if we were going to go out to dinner or anything, and he says 'well, yes, of course.....and you're going to LOVE your gift!" WHAT!!!! what gift??? We weren't supposed to get each other anything! He does that evil laugh that he's so good at.

Now I want to do the 20 questions thing "Is it bigger than a bread box" Can I eat it? Can I use it? Will I like it? What is it? He's so no help.

And I've got to come up with something to get for him. And since I'm a SAH Nana...I've got no income..so he's paying for his own gift! :207:

Sorry..I had to get that off my chest!

keith
07-02-2008, 10:59 PM
awww wow though, thats a NICE surprise

Now I want to know what it is too :lol: we'll have to keep guessing all the way upto September

Tink
07-02-2008, 11:00 PM
LOLOLOL! You gotta' love it, eh? :hug2: It's hard Bev. We've made that same deal and I've broken it every time. :sigh; I just can't go without getting a gift for important dates. :D

So, you can always do a coupon book for him. :D

BevW
07-02-2008, 11:00 PM
awww wow though, thats a NICE surprise

Now I want to know what it is too :lol: we'll have to keep guessing all the way upto September

Oh now THAT'S a good idea....
A "Guess what Rick got Bev for their Anniversary!" :D
Whoever comes the closest gets...hmmmm...something.
A Smilie! :207:

BevW
07-02-2008, 11:02 PM
LOLOLOL! You gotta' love it, eh? :hug2: It's hard Bev. We've made that same deal and I've broken it every time. :sigh; I just can't go without getting a gift for important dates. :D

So, you can always do a coupon book for him. :D

I was thinking more along the line of picking up something from EVERY Harley store we stop in on our trip. But I think I'm limited on space....hmmm..unless I pack it all in my handy dandy backpack.

Taja
07-02-2008, 11:04 PM
I was thinking more along the line of picking up something from EVERY Harley store we stop in on our trip. But I think I'm limited on space....hmmm..unless I pack it all in my handy dandy backpack.

Purchasing costs $$$$.
The coupon book costs time. Time together. Think anniversary! *LOL*

BevW
07-02-2008, 11:05 PM
OH OH Now I get it...My very own coupon book! I'm a crafty sort...I've got the paper, stickers, glue, paper cutters, inks, stamps...I'm on it! Woooohoooo
Thanks Tink!!!

Jodie
07-02-2008, 11:08 PM
That's cheating, if you agree inexpensive gifts or none at all then he should stick to the rules!

:p

Jodie

BevW
07-02-2008, 11:09 PM
That's cheating, if you agree inexpensive gifts or none at all then he should stick to the rules!

:p

Jodie

Jodie, he's done this to me every time...You'd think I'd learn. For our 25th anniversary he got me these GORGEOUS huge diamond earrings! I wear them all the time. How can he top that???? My very own motorcycle? :thumbs_up:

keith
07-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Jodie, he's done this to me every time...You'd think I'd learn. For our 25th anniversary he got me these GORGEOUS huge diamond earrings! I wear them all the time. How can he top that???? My very own motorcycle? :thumbs_up:

A diamond encrusted motorbike!

Taja
07-02-2008, 11:11 PM

Perhaps...if you're very, very lucky!

But he might be saving that for the 50th! :D

BevW
07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Perhaps...if you're very, very lucky!

But he might be saving that for the 50th! :D

:hah: by then I'll need training wheels! He did say it was BIG, but then he might have been trying to throw me off the trail.

BevW
07-02-2008, 11:15 PM
A diamond encrusted motorbike!

I like the way you think!

Jodie
07-02-2008, 11:19 PM

:bike1: :bike1: :bike1: :bike1: :bike1:

Tink
07-02-2008, 11:21 PM
THanks Taja for nudging our Bev in the direction I was hinting at! LOL.

Yes, Bev. A coupon book. THAT sort of coupons, ya' know? ;) :D

Taja
07-02-2008, 11:22 PM
THanks Taja for nudging our Bev in the direction I was hinting at! LOL.

Yes, Bev. A coupon book. THAT sort of coupons, ya' know? ;) :D

I'm good at nudging. Lots of practice! *LOL*

BevW
07-02-2008, 11:26 PM
What would I do without you two? Stare blankly into space....

josh.p.
07-02-2008, 11:26 PM
:hah: by then I'll need training wheels! He did say it was BIG, but then he might have been trying to throw me off the trail.
its totally a :hippo5:

BevW
07-02-2008, 11:28 PM
LOLOL
And I've been on longer today than I planned!!! I've gotta go cook some dinner!

Dorothy
07-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Are you getting another tattoo maybe :birdie:

BevW
07-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Are you getting another tattoo maybe :birdie:

Well, I want another one....in fact...I found one at my nieces wedding! The guy that did my Harley tattoo was there and he drew a Koi on the guest book! I loved it. Now...to see if he can add a Hidden Mickey to it! Wooohooo