PDA

View Full Version : google chrome

Britchick
28-04-2009, 06:06 PM
now i may be going mad but i downloaded google chrome last night and today my computer is whizzing along in explorer- is it a coincidence or could this have been my problem? the connection is showing the same speed as before

keith
28-04-2009, 07:04 PM
coincidence :yes: chrome is just a browser and doesn't do anything that I'm aware of to speed up/optimise your computer

Ursula
28-04-2009, 10:21 PM
ah wondered what chrome did... I have it but don't know what to do with it :( what does it do?

keith
28-04-2009, 10:26 PM
ah wondered what chrome did... I have it but don't know what to do with it :( what does it do?

At the moment it's just another web browser like internet explorer or firefox. In fact it's made out of bits from the apple browser called safari (which itself was based on the linux Konqueror's KHTML)

Which is all a big way of saying that although at the moment it's just another web browser, it's really Google's way of starting to make you able to run their applications from a really efficient and fast web browser.

In the future, Google are betting that it wont matter whether you have a pc, mac, whatever, you won't know because all you'll need is a web browser :)

Ursula
29-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Oh cool! Thank you Keef for explaining it in terms I can understand! lol!

Tink
29-04-2009, 10:40 AM
You understand, Helly? Well then, 'splain it to me... :unsure:

Britchick
29-04-2009, 11:39 AM
i like it :yes:

Ursula
29-04-2009, 02:36 PM
erm lol Tink... sarcasm doesn't come across the net then... lol.