PDA

View Full Version : Your Mission Tink

mumof2
29-04-2009, 11:19 AM
should you choose to accept is to photograph the area you live in, your trips if you get a few moments to spare or your visits to WDW, or a mixture of all 3 then post the results here for us all to enjoy! :yes:

whadd'ya say?

lozzy
29-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh go on Tink say yes..

Tink
OOOO! A mission!!!

I say, I'm up for the attempt. :yes: However, the photos will NOT be nice like the ones posted here, and I'll have to work on remembering to take the camera. :yes:

I'll give it a go Mairead, but you've a definite role in the mission! YOU have to keep ME on task! :eek: (Good luck, Kid)! :hug2: :D

mumof2
hee hee.......so do you still like my ideas?

mumof2
29-04-2009, 11:25 AM
OOOO! A mission!!!

I say, I'm up for the attempt. :yes: However, the photos will NOT be nice like the ones posted here, and I'll have to work on remembering to take the camera. :yes:

I'll give it a go Mairead, but you've a definite role in the mission! YOU have to keep ME on task! :eek: (Good luck, Kid)! :hug2: :D

woohoo!! :wiggle: you're on!

Tink
29-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Oh YES!!! :yes: I used to do much more posting of photographs and little "reports" on visits to WDW. :yes: I fell away from doing them in part, because of time but if you are willing to have what I can offer, then I'll give it a go!

mumof2
29-04-2009, 11:26 AM
can't wait! :hug2:

foreverducky
29-04-2009, 12:29 PM
You know Tink, there is no need to aim for perfection. We are happy with every little morsel. :yes:

josh.p.
29-04-2009, 12:38 PM
:mental: Are they ready yet? :unsure: :rotfl:

Skywatcher
29-04-2009, 12:55 PM
:mental: go for it girl :D

mumof2
29-04-2009, 01:47 PM
see, we all want to see your pics Tink :yes:

as Billie says, no perfection necessary - heck, who's perfect anyway?!

apart from me..... ;-)

MystikPiglit
29-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Ooh, yes. Photo reports of the places you travel to would be interesting. :thumbsup:

Ursula
29-04-2009, 02:38 PM
:mental: Are they ready yet? :unsure: :rotfl:

Someone needs a slap....

Isafari
29-04-2009, 02:47 PM
YAY....sounds like something to look forward to :yes:

daveann
29-04-2009, 05:54 PM
thats great news :)

Tinker
29-04-2009, 06:46 PM
so, we are doing what ? I just posted pics of the Gatorade Replay game at Lafayette College . I'm going to be posting pics of The Crayoila Museum/Store soon for Helly . :biggrin:

mumof2
29-04-2009, 07:51 PM
ooh i'll go take a look!

in another thread Tink mentioned her not taking/posting photos here so i gave her a mission to take photos of the area where she lives, of WDW and her work trips - i can't wait to see them.

oh AND i get to be bossy and remind her to take her camera when she's going away! :yes:

Tinker
29-04-2009, 10:13 PM
oh, ok, thanks for the heads up . Duh, that makes sense Mission Tink . :yes: Our Gatorade game was called Mission G . :lol:

Ursula
30-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE Debi! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tink
30-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Ummmm... :unsure: Just remember, I'm not home right now, and don't have my camera with me. :unsure: My Mission will have to wait until I get back home. :yes:

THEN you can boss away, Miss Mairead! :D :D

foreverducky
30-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Already starting with the excuses, huh?! ;)

Tink
30-04-2009, 01:38 AM
:lol: Seems that way, dunnit Billie? :lol:

foreverducky
30-04-2009, 01:41 AM
Yep...i hear but, but, but....;)

Ursula
30-04-2009, 08:39 AM
*coughsbuyadisposablelikeIdo*

mumof2
30-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Ummmm... :unsure: Just remember, I'm not home right now, and don't have my camera with me. :unsure: My Mission will have to wait until I get back home. :yes:

THEN you can boss away, Miss Mairead! :D :D

that's fine Tink, not a problem at all. I fully understand you need time to prepare and figure out all the areas you'd like to photograph for us! :yes:

Seriously, I'd LOVE to see where you live and where you travel to, but no pressure Tink - well not too much anyway! :hug2:

Tink
30-04-2009, 11:04 AM
:D

Helly! Ever the practical woman. :D :D Then I'd have to deal with paper photos and scanning them and, and, and... lol.

I'll wait until I have the digital with me. :yes:

I've got some ideas about photographs of the local area. :yes: Local to me is Winter Garden, remember. :D NOT a hopping city place like Miami. :sigh: But interesting for all that. :yes:

Perhaps I'll learn some things about my "city" eh? :yes: :D

josh.p.
30-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Someone needs a slap....
:slap: There you go! One slap comin' up!

Tinkfan
30-04-2009, 01:11 PM
:jawdrop: Finally!! Someone who is as bad as me about photos!!! I have a gazillion in my camera and no idea how to download!! Actually I 'm much worse Tink!! Can't wait to see your pictures, I love trip reports. Good going Mairead!!! great idea. But isn't there a tread about posting your picture so all the humble folks can see what you look like? I don't think I've seen any....:bounce2: I'm still waiting.......

Tink
30-04-2009, 05:26 PM
You can see what we look like. :yes: We're in my avatar! :D :D :D

Disneybumble
30-04-2009, 05:41 PM
I can't wait Tink. I would love to see Orlando through your eyes.

Tinkfan
30-04-2009, 06:57 PM
You can see what we look like. :yes: We're in my avatar! :D :D :D

:point: How very sneaky of you!! The question will burn in my mind all weekend now!! Nice hand BTW!! Should I dig out of mothballs my wedding photo?! Verrry cheesy!:ROFL:

mumof2
30-04-2009, 08:05 PM
well i look like a cupcake!

Tink
30-04-2009, 11:05 PM
YES!!!! :yes: :9: I LOVE photos.
Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease show us your wedding photo!!! :yes: :yes:

Tinkfan
30-04-2009, 11:18 PM
:point: Even if I could find the old things, I wouldn't be able to post them!! No one would want to see them anyway!! Besides three can play that game!! You're not out of the woods either Mairead!! At this moment DH is signing Ds up to play football this Fall :thumbsdown: The weight limit is 140 pounds for his division, Ty is 72!:sigh:

Tinkfan
30-04-2009, 11:19 PM
well i look like a cupcake!

:hug2: Who doesn't love cupcakes?

mumof2
01-05-2009, 01:51 PM
:hug2: Who doesn't love cupcakes?

awwww :D

mumof2
15-05-2009, 07:57 PM
*ahem* photos Tink?

Britchick
15-05-2009, 08:13 PM
:sitsback:

mumof2
15-05-2009, 08:50 PM
:sitsback:

mind if i join you, we'd better get comfy!

Tink
15-05-2009, 09:03 PM
OOOOOOH!!! I actually have the camera with me this time! :D :D

Stand by! :yes: Well, maybe ya'll better go ahead and sit by. This could take awhile. :D

But I HAVE THE CAMERA!! I'm making strides, eh Mairead? :yes:

foreverducky
15-05-2009, 10:12 PM
while it is a plus that you HAVE the camera...the key here is USING it. :yes:

josh.p.
15-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Tink, you should use those lovely hands of yours in your avatar to click the shutter button on your camera and POST SOME PHOTOS!!!! (Of your travels etc)

Tink
16-05-2009, 09:20 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOH! THAT'S what I'm supposed to be doing? :laugh:

I don't just get to carry the camera along with me, I have to actually figure out how to USE It? :eek:

Well then. We'll just have to see about that! :D :D

Actually, I seriously regretted not having my camera with me the last time I was in Spartanburg, SC. I was in the car on the phone (parked not driving) when I noticed a little bird house. It had two bluebirds! It was like something right out of Cinderella. I immediately wished I'd had the camera so I could share it all with you. :sigh:

I'll get better! I promise!

Now, of course that I have it with me? It's raining, raining, raining. We're in Virginia, although not to Williamsburg yet. We stopped for the night in Emporia (where the kids dressed for the prom go to Applebee's for dinner :unsure: ) and the weather was horrid.

Speaking of Applebee's... one word. Disgusting. :blech: Will NOT be returning to one any time soon.

mumof2
16-05-2009, 09:33 AM
you actually *have* the camera - woohoo! just snap away Tink and see what you get! :yes:

Britchick
16-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Applebees? i'd have thought of somewhere a bit more fitting lol

OOOOOOOOOOOH! THAT'S what I'm supposed to be doing? :laugh:

I don't just get to carry the camera along with me, I have to actually figure out how to USE It? :eek:

Well then. We'll just have to see about that! :D :D

Actually, I seriously regretted not having my camera with me the last time I was in Spartanburg, SC. I was in the car on the phone (parked not driving) when I noticed a little bird house. It had two bluebirds! It was like something right out of Cinderella. I immediately wished I'd had the camera so I could share it all with you. :sigh:

I'll get better! I promise!

Now, of course that I have it with me? It's raining, raining, raining. We're in Virginia, although not to Williamsburg yet. We stopped for the night in Emporia (where the kids dressed for the prom go to Applebee's for dinner :unsure: ) and the weather was horrid.

Speaking of Applebee's... one word. Disgusting. :blech: Will NOT be returning to one any time soon.

Tink
16-05-2009, 09:42 AM
For the prom kids? Me too!

For us? Alas, there were no other real options near the hotel. Plus, with the lashing rain and thunder and lightning we didn't want to drive too far. So, we were stuck. :( We thought that getting a salad with chicken wouldn't be too hard to do. No such luck, so we opted for salad with shrimp.

The lettuce was vile (rotting, there is no other way to say it... :( ) the avocado on it was tasteless and totally "mush." It should have been thrown out. The shrimp was so over spiced it was ruined (and yep, we like spicy food) and the tomatoes were terrible tasting. I told the server (who was much more interested in playing with her friends who kept showing up dressed for the prom) that we'd have been better off at McDonald's (the ultimate insult from me). At any rate, no huge deal in the grand scheme of things...

We're off this morning to Williamsburg, and hopefully will make it there on time (I'm the only one awake so far this morning :sigh: ) to get to the farmer's market. We're staying in a vacation condo, so we can actually buy some decent food!