PDA

View Full Version : Nice spring evening

foreverducky
03-05-2009, 12:30 AM
It's so nice out this evening, even if it's just slightly cool.

Obviously some Corel came into play.
3024.vB

3025.vB

3026.vB

3027.vB

Tink
03-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Oh! How pretty! :yes:

Johnie
03-05-2009, 02:25 AM
I love ducks...they are so cute.

Mari
03-05-2009, 02:44 AM
wow!!

I love the first duck one... It made me want to follow it!!

foreverducky
03-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Thank you! There were only 2 ducks out there as the geese were running the area. Mari, that's one of those big geese. :D

Mari
03-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Hahaha... Yeap.... I was thinking... That duck has a very long neck!!! Hahaha

foreverducky
03-05-2009, 02:57 AM
:lol: It's ok, but I'm sure that goose would be quite insulted as they seem to stick to their kind. I personally think they have their head in the clouds too often and think way to highly of themselves. ;)

Mari
03-05-2009, 03:05 AM
hahaha... I had never thought of geese that way

Well.. Maybe the aristocats geese!!! :)

I love the way they walk

Beccaberry
03-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Nicely shot!! The purple leaves are very cool!

Johnie
03-05-2009, 03:15 AM
aren't the purple leaves pretty? they look like they have wet paint on them.

Beccaberry
03-05-2009, 03:16 AM
YES!!

And of course now I'm more jealous than ever of your camera ;)

mumof2
03-05-2009, 09:36 AM
you're really getting into this aren't you FD, fantastic pics hun! :hug2:

lozzy
03-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Very pretty, the colours are amazing.

foreverducky
03-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks everyone! :yes:

I've been into photography for years, just have not had the time or in my opinion the right camera. Since moving to IL, I've decided to try to enjoy life and do some of the things that I've always wanted to do. While still being in school of course.

I love my new camera. Still got loads of learning to do. Same goes for the Corel program. Practice, practice, practice.

My mother was like, "wow, look how green your grass is." hahaha....I did eventually tell her I messed with the photo.

keith
03-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I love my new camera. Still got loads of learning to do. Same goes for the Corel program. Practice, practice, practice.

great photos fd :yes:

Seems you're getting on really well with the Nikon?

foreverducky
03-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Thank Keith! Yes, I think I made a wise purchase. The only downside I have found are the lenses, as I have to buy those with autofocus in them as the body of the camera does not have it. It seems that narrows my lens choices down to Nikons and some Sigmas have the autofocus in the lens.

Beccaberry
03-05-2009, 12:27 PM
This is the exact reason I was looking at going with the newer model, FD. Do you think it's worth the extra splash out a the beginning of the kit in order to have the AF on the body?

keith
03-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Thank Keith! Yes, I think I made a wise purchase. The only downside I have found are the lenses, as I have to buy those with autofocus in them as the body of the camera does not have it. It seems that narrows my lens choices down to Nikons and some Sigmas have the autofocus in the lens.

Which other ones would you be interested in buying assuming the body had AF in it?

(genuinely interested, it's never been something that's popped up on my radar)

foreverducky
03-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Even though I think it's a downside, it's not really an issue. Both lenses I own have AF in them. And I got those at a fantastic deal with the camera. I guess in a way it narrows my choices, but then in another way I know what I'm looking for. I will just stick to those Nikon and Sigma lens with the AF.

I'd still make the same choice. :D

foreverducky
03-05-2009, 12:36 PM
I guess keith it comes down to price, as I have been told there are cheaper lenses out there, if I wanted to go with an off brand. But I think sticking to a known brand that has a good reputation is worth it, especially when it comes to the money I would be spending.

keith
03-05-2009, 12:40 PM
I guess keith it comes down to price, as I have been told there are cheaper lenses out there, if I wanted to go with an off brand. But I think sticking to a known brand that has a good reputation is worth it, especially when it comes to the money I would be spending.

You're spot on there for sure.

I'd also note though that even the cheaper off brands like tamron/sigma have been including af motors in their lenses for a while now. Definitely worth a check before buying a particular lens I'll admit, but I honestly don't think you'll find it an issue.

In fact, if you find a lens which doesnt have a motor built in, your first thought should probably be hmmmm is it old stock anyway

foreverducky
03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Well good to know I'm thinking right about it. :yes:

I need (yep I said need) a macro lens. I have noticed that some of those don't have an AF lens, but I have heard that it's better to manually focus given subject.

keith
03-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I need (yep I said need) a macro lens. I have noticed that some of those don't have an AF lens, but I have heard that it's better to manually focus given subject.

yep that's pretty much true. When you get in so close the depth of field can get so shallow that manually focussing tends to be the way to go.

Nikons have an advantage in the macro world with the 105VR lens
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/105vr.htm

I have this one and it's super sharp + it's got the vibration reduction technology on it which is pretty rare for a macro lens

foreverducky
03-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh yes, I've seen that one! Good to know it's that good! I will save my pennies. :D