PDA

View Full Version : It's official. I've lost my mind.

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 01:21 PM
In perhaps the single most insane moment of my life, I asked Jon for a personal trainer for my birthday. Now, I meant one, maybe two sessions as an opportunity to familiarize myself with the equipment, learn a bit more about strength training, etc. However, Jon, being the sweetheart he is, always makes an effort to go above and beyond...so he purchased not one, not two, BUT TWENTY training sessions with "Cliff" the friendly trainer. Now, I love Cliff, I really do. I've been stalking him for about three months at my gym. He's the only one I've watched who doesn't make me want to kick him in the face or hogtie him to the weight lifting bench.

BUT OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN AS SORE AS I AM RIGHT NOW!! There are parts of me that are sore that I didn't even know existed. And for the record, just *what* exercise did "Cliff" the friendly trainer have me doing that the BOTTOMS OF MY FEET ARE SORE!!!?

Surely I should have stuck to my regular gift of vodka. Obviously I'm going to be needing a LOT more of it.

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 01:27 PM
:laughhard: I'm really trying hard not to laugh, but I can't help it.

I guess next time young lady you will be more careful about what you ask for. You just might get it. :point:

But in reality, that's awesome! No pain, no gain is my motto. Before you know it, you'll be ripped and toned. :D Only slightly envious.

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 01:38 PM
I think "RIPPED" is the key word here. I'm just worried about what I'm gonna rip. I will admit that, besides the foot thing, it's a "good sore." I can definitely saying I'm getting Jon's money's worth :)

Isafari
04-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow, great present :yes: Do we get a before and after photo :unsure:

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Would that be "before" I kill Cliff and "after" I kill Cliff? :wink:

mumof2
04-05-2009, 01:47 PM
omg Becca that's so funny, but so cool too! :yes:

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 01:48 PM
yes! a before and after photo! :D

Don't worry Cliff is a trained professional!

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 01:49 PM
:laugh: Uh huh. I hope he's trained in self defense, because if he even so muches as TOUCHES that medicine ball again, I'm going to punch him.

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 02:07 PM
So you'll do a little kickboxing. I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort!

Johnie
04-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Would that be "before" I kill Cliff and "after" I kill Cliff? :wink:

:tongue: before most definately. We don't need any evidence after the fact.

MystikPiglit
04-05-2009, 02:13 PM
He's the only one I've watched who doesn't make me want to kick him in the face or hogtie him to the weight lifting bench..

:laugh:

We definitely need 'before and after' pics. :D

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 02:17 PM
We don't need any evidence after the fact.

True. No photos, just the :shovel:

Billie, are you always this optimistic and cheerful in the morning? :unimpressed:

I'll take the before and after photos under advisement.

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Why yes I am. :D I was done running on the elliptical by 8am. I am one of those people....you know, one of THOSE.....yes, the treaded morning person.

Johnie
04-05-2009, 02:20 PM
:worship: i bow to you Dr. Ducky. I am NOT a morning person. I'm lucky to get out the door dressed right.

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 02:23 PM
:) Dr. Ducky, you have my respect.

And I think I'm a little scared of you right now.

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 02:23 PM
:lol: But it's not always a good thing. Come 9 or 10pm I ready to crash. During the summer I'm usually up around 530am, but even in the winter I'm up at 6am. I'm my best in the morning. I don't know what it's like to sleep in.

Johnie
04-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Sleeping in is one of the greatest joys in life IMO.

Rosie0610
04-05-2009, 02:26 PM
If we can't get before and after pics what about a picture of Cliff? So we know what you're dealing with?? I'm picturing a Billy Blanks type drill seargent!

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 02:28 PM
The older I get, the less I can sleep in. I have found that.

In all seriousness, I do find that I enjoy early mornings, whether it's for the benefit of a little "time to myself" or the benefit of getting my workout out of the way...either way, it's a welcome thing.

Good for you!

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 02:31 PM
If we can't get before and after pics what about a picture of Cliff? So we know what you're dealing with?? I'm picturing a Billy Blanks type drill seargent!

LOL!! Actually, not so much! More like George Carlin...sort of. He's not a drill sergeant, but he has a way of motivating you beyond what you think you can do. He's a bit more mature (probably mid 50's) and he didn't even THINK about nutrition or exercise until he was 45 and 330 pounds. He looks AMAZING now, and he has the BEST attitude, he comes from that place of "knowing" if that makes sense. And most of all, he's very *real*. I like him. I also want to kill him. I think that's the basis for a great relationship don't you?

Britchick
04-05-2009, 04:32 PM
sorry Becca, but i think it's funny :ROFL1:

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 04:44 PM
You're very passionate, that's a positive thing! :D

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 04:56 PM
LOL, we'll see :) I think the passion pendulum swings both ways.

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 05:02 PM
So how many sessions do you have left? 19?

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Let's see...my first one was free...it was an hour long...

Then Jon purchased:

10 - 30 min sessions (which I do on Wednesday mornings at 6:00 am)
and
10 - 60 min sessions (which I do on Sunday mornings at 10:30)

So far I have been to one of each.

Is it any surprise, I'm by far more fond of the 30 min sessions? :wink:

The rest of the week is cardio.

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Ooooooo...60 minutes sessions! Don't forget to breathe through the pain! So you've just experienced the 60 minute one and already feelin' the luv. ;) 9 more to go.

Just keep playing the Rocky theme in your head...

2PtvLTZS4Ik

Rosie0610
04-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Holy cow, that is a lot of Cliff time! What exactly did you do to Jon??

All kidding aside, what a great thing you are doing for yourself Becca! The best thing in the world is to feel good about yourself and enjoy life! That's what all this hard work will bring you :)

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Ok, FD, when my sessions run out with Cliff, you're HIRED! :yes:

:D

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 05:27 PM
So true Rosie! :yes:

With all this working out that I started last year, my friend finally broke down and got a treadmill after about 2 months of me working out and telling her all about it. She has lost over 30 pounds. :D It so helps to have someone motivate you, even if you hate them for it.

Tink
04-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Is this where I pop in to confirm that you HAVE INDEED LOST YOUR MIND!!! :mental: :mental:

Sheesh! Woman! What? A trip to WDW was too mundane or something? :eek:

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Holy cow, that is a lot of Cliff time! What exactly did you do to Jon??

All kidding aside, what a great thing you are doing for yourself Becca! The best thing in the world is to feel good about yourself and enjoy life! That's what all this hard work will bring you :)

It *is* a lot of Cliff time, and Cliff does not come cheap. I don't know what I did to Jon, but I will be extra nice to him from now on (or kill him in his sleep, I haven't yet decided.)

And you're right in all seriousness, it is truly the single best gift I've ever be given. And on the upside, if it kills me, I won't have the OPTION of asking for it again next year :thumbsup:

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Is this where I pop in to confirm that you HAVE INDEED LOST YOUR MIND!!! :mental: :mental:

Sheesh! Woman! What? A trip to WDW was too mundane or something? :eek:

:laugh:

I knew you wouldn't let me down, Tink. I just knew it.

Well, I have TWO trips to WDW planned for this year, so I was trying not to be predictable ;-)

Plus at some point in my life, I'd actually enjoy having a photo of me AT Disney World that I don't wholeheartedly despise.

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Looks like we may need another of these then:
:shovel:

and possibly a good lawyer...crime of passion

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 05:42 PM
It so helps to have someone motivate you, even if you hate them for it.

So, so totally true. And not only that, but the truth is, when you are paying for something, you are more likely to follow up with it...at least I am. Money talks. And it motivates.

Plus, as sore as I am, I *do* have a nice sense of self-satisfaction.

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Exactly, I feel good today as my exercise is already done and I know that I've accomplished something.

Money doesn't seem to have the same motivation for me. Years ago I signed up for a year contract with a gym thinking that the money would motivate me. So for $50 a month I think I went a total of 8 times. Not one of my finer moments.

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 05:50 PM
LOL...well, the trick is to find what DOES work for you and stick with it...and it CERTAINLY looks like you've found that!

Britchick
04-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Exactly, I feel good today as my exercise is already done and I know that I've accomplished something.

Money doesn't seem to have the same motivation for me. Years ago I signed up for a year contract with a gym thinking that the money would motivate me. So for $50 a month I think I went a total of 8 times. Not one of my finer moments.

we've all done that my dear! this time for me is different though- i actually like going

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I think if the place was just down the road a little tiny bit then it would be worth it. But if it's further than that, well then it just wouldn't happen.

I do enjoy my elliptical at home, as I can sing as loudly as I want and wear whatever I want.

Beccaberry
04-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I agree, FD, I think having it at home would be a great thing as well...our gym is w/in walking distance actually, and we do walk sometimes, weather permitting. I will say, at this point in my life, I like *leaving* the house to *go* to the gym, as it's my "me" time and when I'm frustrated with the kids, there's no place I'd rather be.

foreverducky
04-05-2009, 08:56 PM
I can definitely see your point. I would want to get it out too! I'm sure no one calls you mom at the gym. Within walking distance is great!

It's just me and arthur, so I'd only be running away from him.

Tinker
04-05-2009, 10:42 PM
:lol: be careful what you wish for . You Can Do It, Girl !

foreverducky
06-05-2009, 01:22 PM
So, how did the session go today? Everyone still alive?

Beccaberry
06-05-2009, 01:41 PM
LOL, I am indeed alive...though during the third set of ab exercises I did give consideration to wrapping the resistance band around his neck a la a lovely yellow necklace.

I didn't.

I may regret that on Sunday.

He is incredibly motivational. I'll give him that. Nothing else though.

foreverducky
06-05-2009, 02:04 PM
:lol: Oh I wasn't worried about you being alive, I was worried about him.

Motivational is a good thing....and really that's all he needs to be.

Taja
06-05-2009, 02:20 PM
In perhaps the single most insane moment of my life, I asked Jon for a personal trainer for my birthday. Now, I meant one, maybe two sessions as an opportunity to familiarize myself with the equipment, learn a bit more about strength training, etc. However, Jon, being the sweetheart he is, always makes an effort to go above and beyond...so he purchased not one, not two, BUT TWENTY training sessions with "Cliff" the friendly trainer. Now, I love Cliff, I really do. I've been stalking him for about three months at my gym. He's the only one I've watched who doesn't make me want to kick him in the face or hogtie him to the weight lifting bench.

BUT OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN AS SORE AS I AM RIGHT NOW!! There are parts of me that are sore that I didn't even know existed. And for the record, just *what* exercise did "Cliff" the friendly trainer have me doing that the BOTTOMS OF MY FEET ARE SORE!!!?

Surely I should have stuck to my regular gift of vodka. Obviously I'm going to be needing a LOT more of it.

Goodness! Jon really came through, didn't he? :lol:

No vodka while in training, young lady! You'll undo all of your hard work. Just a touch to toast reaching your goals certainlyl is in order, though! :yes:

Beccaberry
06-05-2009, 10:59 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????

No vodka???

But it's part of my job description!!! :wink:

Taja
07-05-2009, 03:18 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????

No vodka???

But it's part of my job description!!! :wink:

Uh-huh!

And who is going to explain to Jon when the results of his gift go poof! after too much vodka? :unsure:

Although, I have a feeling he probably wouldn't care one way or the other--as long as you are happy! :thumbsup:

Beccaberry
07-05-2009, 03:25 PM
You know Taj? That is EXACTLY what made this gift so special...the knowledge that he did this solely for *me* not because *he* would like to see me look differently. That is an amazing confidence.

For the record :wink: I *do* want to see results, and I would like to announce that this morning I dug through a box of clothes I'd tucked away a while back because they no longer fit...and today I'm wearing a pair of pants I've not worn since before Baleigh was born!! I feel FANTASTIC!

LET CLIFF DO HIS WORST!

foreverducky
07-05-2009, 05:01 PM
That's awesome!!!!! Does feel great!

Beccaberry
20-05-2009, 01:47 AM
It's me. Reporting in to let everyone know I'm still alive. (and regrettably, so is Cliff :wink: )

There are muscles in my body that have hurt for three weeks straight now. The associates at the gym now know me on a first name basis. I actually had someone at work tell me to STOP wearing a blouse yesterday because it was TOO BIG. Furthermore, I turned DOWN A GRATIS TRIP TO THE BAR last week in favor of going to the gym. What is this world coming to?

I'm smiling though...

-Becca (who wonders if smiling burns calories?)

Tink
20-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Yes, it burns more calories than frowning. It uses more muscles of the face you see. :yes:

Beccaberry
20-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Fantastic. I'll just jot that down in my exercise journal.

Now. If you could just explain to me how to buy some new clothes without having to actually go shopping?

Tink
20-05-2009, 02:36 AM
Internet shopping. :D Measure yourself, and order as per the measurements, and voila! no shopping! :D

foreverducky
20-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Isn't it fabulous! I feel so great when I have kicked you know what on the elliptical. :D

I'm so glad Cliff is still alive.