PDA

View Full Version : So mad!

Jodie
03-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Gavin works for a company that make, amoung other things, beds. We purchased a bed from them 18 months ago and recently realised it was damaged. Not a problem, company offered a replacement despite it been 6 months out of warranty because the fault was a design flaw.

The new bed was supposed to be delivered today. So we got up and Gavin dismantled the old bed ready for them to take away, 10mins after this was done they rang to say the new bed was damaged! I am not impressed!

We were faced with a few choices now, re-build the old bed to then dismantle again in a week or two. Sleep on the mattress with the bed in bits all around us or sleep on the mattress but ask the company to still come and collect the old bed.

I voted for option three 'cos it takes an hour to dismantle or build this bed and to re-build and dismantle again is another two hours of unessesary labour when he still needs to build the new bed when it gets here and i'd rather not have it lying around mocking me while I sleep on the floor!

Gavin's waiting for them to ring to say if they'll still collect the old bed, they'd flaming well better!

:o

Jodie

keith
03-07-2008, 12:16 PM
There's nothing (or not much) that bugs me more than waiting in for people who say they'll be turning up and then don't :angry-smiley-053:

At least, look at it this way, you'll be getting a nice shiny new bed

Jodie
03-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Well!

They just rang Gavin to say wether they could collect the old bed and guess what, they've found a new bed for us! Weird huh?

:)

Jodie

keith
03-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Well!

They just rang Gavin to say wether they could collect the old bed and guess what, they've found a new bed for us! Weird huh?

Jodie

yayayayayay way to go! :) :wiggle:

Dawn
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I wanted to say "don't lose any sleep over it" but thought I might get a slap. ;)

Claire
03-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Ikea are a bit like that. They tell you they are about a hour away when you ring to check they are coming then suddenly they're not coming at all. Then when they do come they arrive at 6.50am!

Jodie
03-07-2008, 01:33 PM
I wanted to say "don't lose any sleep over it" but thought I might get a slap. ;)

:slap: <------ Like that ?!

:wiggle:

Jodie

keith
03-07-2008, 01:34 PM

:lol:

Jodie
03-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Ikea are a bit like that. They tell you they are about a hour away when you ring to check they are coming then suddenly they're not coming at all. Then when they do come they arrive at 6.50am!

Good Gosh! I think I would have told then to flip off and gone back to bed!

Jodie

Tink
03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Sheesh! Hard to get good service anywhere today, isn't it? :(

Hopefully, they'll be by with your new (undamaged!) bed and all will be well with a good night's sleep ahead of you! :)

Beccaberry
03-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Wow. A new bed just appeared out of nowhere!? Well done you! Hope this one is perfect and shiny and comfortable!!

Dawn. I just spit coffee all over my mom's computer. Now *who's* going to get a slap.

Jodie
03-07-2008, 01:47 PM
The new bed is here and the old broken one is gone!

It's the right colour aswell which is good 'cos we changed our original order before the first one was made and had a mad thought this morning we were going to get Chocolate brown cord instead of Duck egg blue suede!

Off to laugh at Gavin trying to build it ..... :lol:

Jodie

Tink
03-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Hooray!!!!

ukwdwnut
04-07-2008, 08:12 AM
woohoo, glad you got it sorted jodie

Jodie
04-07-2008, 09:49 AM
woohoo, glad you got it sorted jodie

Me to, Thanks Mick!

Gavin took ages to build it despite having done it before and taking one down a hour or so previously. I wasn't allowed to 'help'

Jodie

Dawn
04-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Awwww, wouldn't he even let you hold the tools.

josh.p.
04-07-2008, 01:01 PM
duck egg blue suede... that sounds very fancy! Is it one of those sleigh beds?

Jodie
05-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Awwww, wouldn't he even let you hold the tools.

Nope. So I made him tidy up after himself aswell!

Jodie

Jodie
05-07-2008, 10:53 AM
duck egg blue suede... that sounds very fancy! Is it one of those sleigh beds?

Similar, it's a big storage bed which comes in a ton of colours and fabtic options. It's lovely and i'm glad they replaced it 'cos we'd put a dirty mark on it within a week and it wouldn't come off! Now we have a nice new one!

Jodie