PDA

View Full Version : *eek* Summer had arrived! *eek*

Taja
09-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Today (Saturday) will be day 4 of 100+ degrees. The forecast is for more of the same through at least next weekend. If we're lucky, we may sneak in a degree under 100 one day next week. :sigh:

We've zipped right past the 90s this year--had a couple of days here and there during the past two weeks, but that's it. :rolleyes:

Let's hope the jet stream dips down again before it gets really hot! :yes:

Mari
09-05-2009, 05:31 PM
wow!!

we are also having very warm days over here...

most years by May it has started to rain... not this year though!!!

PsychoAlice
10-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Yep! Its been hot here too!

Tinkfan
10-05-2009, 02:31 AM
:wave:So not hot here!!! Torrential downpour during the Track meet with wind gusts of 40 -50 miles an hour. So much fun!!

Jodie
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
It's been averaging about 17 here (what's that, about 64-ish?) and this is classed as a very nice May!

Taja
10-05-2009, 02:22 PM
:wave:So not hot here!!! Torrential downpour during the Track meet with wind gusts of 40 -50 miles an hour. So much fun!!

Oh, joy!

One of my colleagues has a daughter in high school and they had their final track meet on Thursday and Friday. Began at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday--and the temperature was around 104 degrees! :eek: Fortunately, that was mostly short distances, so the students weren't competing in the sun/heat for long periods of time, although they had qualifying heats first. The daughter runs cross country, and her event was Friday evening at 7:30. It was still hot, but at least the sun wasn't beating on them the entire time!

josh.p.
10-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Jesus... shipping the torts off to come and live with you!! They are packing their bags now. Love the heat!!

Taja
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Jesus... shipping the torts off to come and live with you!! They are packing their bags now. Love the heat!!

They'll have to visit my colleague's neighbor, Stefi! She now has five torts--one recently found its way into my colleague's back yard and her mother saw one of the dogs with it in his mouth. :eek: Holding it very gently, thankfully! It was a small tort (about 6 inches or so) and a large dog (about 85 lbs)!

The tort now is happy in a dog-free, cat-free environment, complete with shelter, sunning area and a shallow pond. :)

sunsetlakes
11-05-2009, 02:36 PM
It's been averaging about 17 here (what's that, about 64-ish?) and this is classed as a very nice May!

I think we're in the wrong country Jodie - I tried to sit out for a coffee this morning and almost got blown away, still at least the washing is getting dry, even if I end up chasing it halfway round the garden. Thankfully we are going to Florida in a few days so really looking forward to getting some sun :thumbsup:

Disneybumble
12-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Tajato us Brits 100 just seems impossible. Keep cool.

Ursula
12-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I would melt for sure. My friend lives in Texas and keeps on posting me pics of the temp gauge on her porch lol.

Taja
13-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Tajato us Brits 100 just seems impossible. Keep cool.

As long as it's Fahrenheit and not Celcius, it's bearable! :lol: The house stays reasonable comfortable until the temperature exceeds 100 degrees for a week or so--then it begins creating its own heat-island effect. And the AC is turned on! :rolleyes:

I would melt for sure. My friend lives in Texas and keeps on posting me pics of the temp gauge on her porch lol.

Oooooh! Never thought of that! Great idea! :thumbsup:

Yesterday was the optimum day to stay a degree or so below 100, but it didn't happen. Now they're extending the 100+ degrees forecast into next week. :sigh:

We usually have a few scattered days of 100 degrees or so in May, just not this concentration of consecutive days. Seriously not mentally ready for it!