View Full Version : is there a bookstore in WDW?

09-05-2009, 05:24 PM

where would we have to go??

Thanks! :)

09-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Well...there used to be a bookstore of sorts at Downtown Disney. Next to the jumping fountain place. Had Disney books obviously and a small selection of other books.

I've got a sneaky suspicion though that it's now the new design a t-shirt place.

09-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I've got a sneaky suspicion though that it's now the new design a t-shirt place.

it is Dawn.

Virgin will be gone too :(
I know I've seen Borders at some of the outlet areas but you'd obviously need transport to get there.

09-05-2009, 10:13 PM
We normally end up at Barnes and Noble by Bestbuy opposite the Florida Mall. There are a couple of bookshops in both the Florida Mall and the Mall at Millenia as well but they've small and not well stocked

10-05-2009, 12:42 AM
booo hooo

thanks! :)

I want to get some new books for Tatiana....

10-05-2009, 07:47 AM
You will probably be able to pick up an odd book for Tatiana here and there onsite....World of Disney will probably have a few.
Unless it is a specific book you are after :unsure:

10-05-2009, 02:32 PM
There are a few childrens books in the WDW stores. Not a large selection, though.

Florida Mall would be a better option. They're bound to have at least one of the major chains.

Even the WaMart and Target stores in the WDW area have very few books. As I discovered on one trip when I got sick and spent a couple of days in my room. :( Quite honestly, the Target and WalMart stores in our area have severely limited their book sections, too. :sigh:

10-05-2009, 04:48 PM
One of the nicer bookstores in the area is the Barnes and Noble at Dr. Phillips. Not too far from DTD you could easily drive there or take a taxi.

I'm not a huge fan of bookstore chains, but with the changes to the tax laws we've all but lost the wonderful independent shops. :sigh:

There is one in DTD Orlando, but it's stock is extremely eclectic and small.

10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Thank you very much for the tips!!

Im after childrens books.... specifically board books, since Tatiana is still a bit rough with them.. hahaha

She has some Dr. Seuss boardbooks and some Sandra Boyton ones... those are her favorites so far...

So I guess we will probably have to venture out of WDW :)

Thanks again!!

18-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Gosh it has been a while since it was there, but does anyone remember when "Buy the Book" was open in the studios? I think that was before Ellen came out.