PDA

View Full Version : ***Local newspaper/candy exchange - sent/received thread***

lisaw
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Could somebody sticky for me please :) And if possible put my i and e round the right way in received in the title :lol:

Everybody should have a PM with the recipitants name. Please let me know if you haven't.

Parcel should be sent by next Monday 18th May.

:thankyou:

Dizneyblonde
13-05-2009, 02:10 PM
All items bought and packed ready to send tomorrow :biggrin:

Dawn
13-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Bought mine today. Got the Lancing Herald and, wait for it......the West Sussex Gazette. :mental:

And sweeties too. Posting Saturday.

Mari
13-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Have newspaper, will travel... hahahaha

no seriously... I have my newspaper, will get the candy on friday and will ship on saturday :)

Johnie
14-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I need to go buy candy. I will do that today.

Dizneyblonde
14-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Just off to post mine now.

Will i be the first?

Dizneyblonde
14-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Mine has been sent first class so should arrive tomorrow....

Disneybumble
14-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Buying mine tomorrow.

Deb
14-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Buying mine on Saturday - first chance I've had this week. So will be posted on the deadline :thumbsup:

Deb
15-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Hurrah!!! I have my package!!! :happydance: Thank you DizneyBlonde :hug2:

The postie had delivered it when I got back from shopping at lunchtime. I have The Herald and the Torpoint Journal :D And lots of sweeties that I love, you were right Teresa, they did make me laugh and I'm really looking forward to eating them. They include sherbet dibdab, giant Swizzel lolly, refreshers, fruit salads, and my absolute faves - rainbow drops and sherbet fountain!!!!! :happydance: Best things you could have sent to me!! :thumbsup: I shall be like this after all my E numbers :happybounce: but who cares - it's the weekend!!!

Thanks again Teresa :hug2:

Dizneyblonde
15-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Yay glad it arrived ok hun.

Thought you'd appreciate the 'kiddy' sweets :biggrin: they are my favourite too!

Britchick
15-05-2009, 08:17 PM
just need to find the sweeties- you gave me good ideas T!

Johnie
15-05-2009, 08:25 PM
My package has been mailed!

Dawn
16-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Mine's on its way too.

uscwest
16-05-2009, 03:18 PM
For those of you from the US. Make SURE that your package is NOT over 4 pounds. I put two newspapers (one of them a Sunday edition) and a little over 1 pound of candies. It cost me $39.50 to mail it. :thumbsdown::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::j awdrop:

Britchick
16-05-2009, 03:52 PM
ouch!

Dawn
16-05-2009, 03:58 PM
:thud:

lisaw
16-05-2009, 04:32 PM
:eek: :(

Mine will be going out on Monday :yes:

Dizneyblonde
16-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Deb have you eaten all the sweets yet?

Mari
17-05-2009, 01:31 AM
For those of you from the US. Make SURE that your package is NOT over 4 pounds. I put two newspapers (one of them a Sunday edition) and a little over 1 pound of candies. It cost me $39.50 to mail it. :thumbsdown::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::j awdrop:
I should have read it before I packed mine... and Im not even the US.... wont even say how much I paid!

But.. its on its way!!!! :wiggle: and should get there in 7-10 days... supposedly

Dizneyblonde
17-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Next exchange we are sending feathers!

Britchick
17-05-2009, 11:44 AM
mine will be posted on tuesday first thing as i'm in the office all day tomorrow - hope that's ok

Deb
18-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Teresa, those sweets seem to be going on forever! :unsure: I am saving my Sherbet Fountain till last :D

I managed to get all my stuff bought today (been too hectic here to get them before!) and it will be posted 1st class in the morning :thumbsup: Unfortunately as it's a weekly paper that was issued last Wednesday it may well be too late for the lucky recipient to enter the "Spot the Sheep" competition (it's very quiet up here in North Yorkshire :lol: )

daveann
18-05-2009, 01:34 PM
im running late but will get it sorted asap cant get out today but will sort it sorry :(

Johnie
18-05-2009, 02:49 PM

I didn't even use the Sunday paper but I did get a lot of candy. It was a little over $26 to mail it. Postage sure can be pricey.

Mari
18-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Unfortunately as it's a weekly paper that was issued last Wednesday it may well be too late for the lucky recipient to enter the "Spot the Sheep" competition (it's very quiet up here in North Yorkshire :lol: )

What do you get if you spot it?

hahahahahaha

Disneybumble
18-05-2009, 04:12 PM
I am sooooooooooooooooo sorry. Mine will be posted tomorrow.

lisaw
18-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Don't worry - I'm hosting and mine will have to go out tomorrow as well :sorry: It's all packed and ready to go though :yes:

Deb
18-05-2009, 08:39 PM
What do you get if you spot it?

hahahahahaha

You get all of 10 and your name in the newspaper :thumbsup: Whoopee!!! :D

Having seen last week's result there is no way you would ever guess :unsure:

Disneybumble
19-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Mine has been posted.

lisaw
19-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Mine has been posted as well :D

Deb
19-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Mine is going very first thing in the morning! All packed up - I had to stop myself from stuffing more things in there :unsure:

uscwest
21-05-2009, 11:15 AM
I received mine in the mail yesterday. From Dawn

A Lancing Herald and West Sussex Gazette

A bag of Rowntree's Pick & Mix Fruit Gums and a bag of Werthers Original.

Thanks Dawn.

Dawn
21-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Oh the mighty West Sussex Gazette. :lol:

Enjoy. :D

Britchick
21-05-2009, 07:16 PM
forgot to say mine left my hands 2 days ago

Disneybumble
22-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Mine was posted first calss on Tuesday, getting slightly worried as it hasn't turned up yet.

Dizneyblonde
22-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh My Goodness!!

I had a huge parcel today from my very dear friend Johnie :hug2:

It was full of all sorts of goodies that the kids are already tucking into.
I think Jack has taken a pic and i will post it along with a list later as i'm off out.

Thank you so much Johnie you are very kind.
XXX

Johnie
23-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm glad it has arrived. I hope you like all the goodies, I went a little crazy at Walgreens :tongue:

Dizneyblonde
23-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Kids have been having a candy fest today and it's all had the thumbs up so far!

Johnie
26-05-2009, 06:06 PM
I received a package from LisaW. It contains a copy of the Bracknell News and Bracknell Forest Standard. I will be looking at those a bit later. I also received an assortment of goodies including drumsticks, fruit-tella crunchies, refresher, Mr. Chews, a bag of Fizzy Mix, wonder winders, build a burger, strawberry flavored pencils, Rowntree's pick & mix, flumps. It all looks very interesting! Thank you Lisa :hug2::hug2:

lisaw
26-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I received a package from LisaW. It contains a copy of the Bracknell News and Bracknell Forest Standard. I will be looking at those a bit later. I also received an assortment of goodies including drumsticks, fruit-tella crunchies, refresher, Mr. Chews, a bag of Fizzy Mix, wonder winders, build a burger, strawberry flavored pencils, Rowntree's pick & mix, flumps. It all looks very interesting! Thank you Lisa :hug2::hug2:

Glad it arrived OK! Flumps are my favourite :D

lisaw
26-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Thank you so much Mari, your parcel has arrived full of very interesting looking candy! :lol: The descriptions are great, I won't get a shock when trying anything! :lol: Colin and I are going to sit down later and sample some of them - with a couple of glasses of water nearby! :D

Caitlin loved the Tink lollies and daniel gave a big thumbs up to those caramel lollies :D

I am thinking the article on the front page of the paper is about Swine Flu affecting tourism? :lol:

Thank you again :hug2:

Disneybumble
26-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Right l am seriously worried. Posted last Tuesday first class. Was within the UK. When should l panic.

Mari
26-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much Mari, your parcel has arrived full of very interesting looking candy! :lol: The descriptions are great, I won't get a shock when trying anything! :lol: Colin and I are going to sit down later and sample some of them - with a couple of glasses of water nearby! :D

Caitlin loved the Tink lollies and daniel gave a big thumbs up to those caramel lollies :D

I am thinking the article on the front page of the paper is about Swine Flu affecting tourism? :lol:

Thank you again :hug2:

yei!! I was getting a bit worried.... they said 7-10 days and it took 12!!

And yes.. the article is about the swine flu epidemic.. EVERY paper for at least 2 weeks had swine flu as the big news!

Let me know how it goes with the candies :) Im glad they were at least able to enjoy the Tink(Tatiana chose those) and the caramel ones :)

Britchick
27-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I don't know if it affects anyone but i am away at the moment so if anything has arrived it will be with the post office

daveann
27-05-2009, 09:55 AM
mine is going to be posted tomorrow i have been away and went to town to post it today and forgot the flipping thing :( sorry i am so late but it will get there quickly once posted :)

Deb
29-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Mine was couriered as it was as cheap as posting (a Mr Deb action) . However, the couriers will not leave it with anyone else, or put a card through the door to say they've been, even though they have tried to deliver 3 times. Really useful! As my recipient may very well be out all day (don't want to give away who it is ;) ) then the courier has brought it back and it is going into the normal post today...at least the postie will put a card through the door if no-one's in :rolleyes:

Of course, this means that my Teesdale Mercury will be well out of date, and the Spot theSheep competition cannot now be entered :( ;)

Dawn
02-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Just had a quick go at the Spot the Sheep competition before leaving for school. :lol:

Thanks to Deb for the lovely box of goodies - I love pontefract cakes. :D

Deb
02-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Oh, I'm glad it eventually arrived Dawn! It would seem it's been travelling around the country for a couple of weeks :D

Was the chocolate stuff ok? When I put it in there we were in the depths of an Arctic winter, but of course now we are all suffering from too much sun. Been worried it would have melted everywhere :unsure:

Bet you never got the sheep.

Dawn
02-06-2009, 07:12 AM
OMG I've just checked the photo for Spot the Sheep.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I may scan it later and let you all have a go. :rotfl:

PS - the chocklit is fine.

Deb
02-06-2009, 07:32 AM
You thought I was joking didn't you? :lol: Life is quiet up here.

Hope you enjoy the full page review of the Domino finals, and the front page exciting report about how we're hosting the World Rubber Chicken Throwing Championships :yes:

Claire
02-06-2009, 08:19 AM
You thought I was joking didn't you? :lol: Life is quiet up here.

Hope you enjoy the full page review of the Domino finals, and the front page exciting report about how we're hosting the World Rubber Chicken Throwing Championships :yes:

That's it! I'm moving to Deb's neighbourhood. Sounds like a thriving cosmopolitan kind of place!

Deb
02-06-2009, 10:39 AM
That's it! I'm moving to Deb's neighbourhood. Sounds like a thriving cosmopolitan kind of place!

I wouldn't advise that Claire. I really don't think you could survive the pace. Takes a special kind of rubber-chicken-throwing-domino-playing-sheep-spotting person to be a social butterfly up here and you may well not cut the mustard :nono:

We stay in a lot :yes:

Dawn
02-06-2009, 03:24 PM
The dominos report has photos too. I can't take the excitement. :mental:

Britchick
02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
well i got two packages today. One from the lovely Siobahn with the bucks free press which i shall read later and some lovely old fashioned sweeties- parma violets, love hearts, drumsticks etc etc thank you very much hun, i was very careful opening the package as i thought it may have one of your 'weird' pressies in it.

and the parcel i sent what 2 weeks ago !!!!! returned to sender- the customs form fell off! I hope they don't charge me to post again or there will be ructions!

Mari
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
OMG I've just checked the photo for Spot the Sheep.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I may scan it later and let you all have a go. :rotfl:

PLEASE do! :)

Claire
02-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't advise that Claire. I really don't think you could survive the pace. Takes a special kind of rubber-chicken-throwing-domino-playing-sheep-spotting person to be a social butterfly up here and you may well not cut the mustard :nono:

We stay in a lot :yes:

Now you mention it I might find it all too much. I'll head for somewhere like New York. Much slower pace of life.

Dawn
02-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I think they have cream teas in Yorkshire...

Claire
02-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I think they have cream teas in Yorkshire...

You vermicious kanid!

Dawn
02-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I think that might be a compliment.

Claire
02-06-2009, 06:22 PM
I think that might be a compliment.

Possibly not to an Umpa lumpa.

Mari
02-06-2009, 07:17 PM
and the parcel i sent what 2 weeks ago !!!!! returned to sender- the customs form fell off! I hope they don't charge me to post again or there will be ructions!

thats such bad luck!

I hope they dont charge you again...

Mari
02-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Possibly not to to an Umpa lumpa.

hahahahahahahaha

true

Disneybumble
03-06-2009, 07:46 PM
well i got two packages today. One from the lovely Siobahn with the bucks free press which i shall read later and some lovely old fashioned sweeties- parma violets, love hearts, drumsticks etc etc thank you very much hun, i was very careful opening the package as i thought it may have one of your 'weird' pressies in it.

Moi, :point: I am so glad it came. Phew . I want to know what the clusters taste like.

uscwest
04-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Bit dismayed that it doesn't appear as though mine has been received yet. :unsure:

daveann
04-06-2009, 01:17 PM
uscwest now that is wiered as i am certain i posted ages ago that i had recieved my package and candy wow what candy :) but i cant find the post on here :unsure: now i am certain i posted it..............

to recap i got a heavyweight paper :lol: and some really fantastic candy some of those sour ones really make the eyes water :lol: thank you sooo much

uscwest
04-06-2009, 01:47 PM
uscwest now that is wiered as i am certain i posted ages ago that i had recieved my package and candy wow what candy :) but i cant find the post on here :unsure: now i am certain i posted it..............

to recap i got a heavyweight paper :lol: and some really fantastic candy some of those sour ones really make the eyes water :lol: thank you sooo muchGlad you enjoyed it. That one was our Sunday paper, with all the adverts. And I sent you the lighter of our two Sunday papers. :)

Disneybumble
04-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Thank you Ann. I have had a great parcel come through. It was the Bournemouth Daily Echo which was a complete blast from the past as my Grandfather was the Editor of the Dorset Echo and loads of yummy sweets. Thank you so much Ann.

daveann
04-06-2009, 07:13 PM
sorry it was so late things are getting ontop of me at the moment.............. i feel really bad about that sorry. i am going to not join any more exchanges as i feel awful about not gettting it out ontime :(

Britchick
16-06-2009, 04:30 PM
has someone recieved my package- was sent quite a long time ago :unsure: