PDA

View Full Version : Im back at work

Mari
11-05-2009, 05:03 PM
after two "forced" weeks off, due to the influenza thingy...

So.... back to normal....

"normal" consisting of a teacher putting antibacterial gel in the childrens hands before entering the school, a doctor checking their noses, ears, eyes and tonsils, a nurse taking their temperature and a teacher asking parents to fill out a questionaire regarding flue symptoms.....

All the teachers are wearing face masks, and kids 3 and up are also required to wear them.... under 3, its simply IMPOSSIBLE to make them keep the masks on...

Then I get to work..... I got a face mask at the entrance and was asked to wash my hands with antibacterial gel...

Its almost 100degrees outside, and we are not allowed to use the A/C

so.... Im not really liking this new "normal" :sorry:

And I really miss Tatiana.....

Watchinherskip
11-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh hang in there Mari,

I know it must be aweful. Hard to teach in those conditions. The heat just zaps the energy from them. Been there, done that. Taught in non air conditioned schools most of my career, here in VIRGINIA...this climate is too hot for any school to be non air conditioned..

But to be even further south, really south...can't understand the non air conditioned thing.

Dawn
11-05-2009, 06:19 PM
I had a lesson on Saturday on how to wash my hands. :sigh:

Still at least it's not 100 degrees where we are. Hope condition improves soon. :hug2:

Deb
11-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh Mari, the flu thingie bit sounds awful, but I bet the missing Tatiana is even worse :( :hug2:

Tink
11-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Good heavens no AC? That's not even sensible!! :eek: Let's just breed bacteria, mold and mildew wanna'? :rolleyes2:

Sure hope things stop being so stressful soon, Mari. I know you must really miss your beautiful Tatiana. :hug2:

MystikPiglit
12-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Aw, Mari. :hug2:Hope things improve soon.

Disneybumble
12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Mari lots of :hug2:

Britchick
12-05-2009, 07:43 PM
sorry i missed this Mari, hope things improve soon:hug2:

Mari
12-05-2009, 08:28 PM
thanks guys...

its still face masks, hand sanitizer and now they handed out personal higiene packs, to clean our workspaces.....