PDA

View Full Version : arrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh online auction site

Britchick
15-05-2009, 06:55 PM
a well known one in fact.

I have been selling loads of stuff- not many problems at all but i don't ship internationally- you're more prone to being conned and tbh i can't be bothered to work out the postage and do the customs form. I have had one buyer who has bid on one of my items and won despite this and wants shipping to Czech republic. I emailed her and she has basically said that if i don't ship it she will leave me bad feedback as other ebayer members need to know. :slap:

mumof2
15-05-2009, 07:01 PM
oh no....surely if you say you don't ship internationally it's her fault - did you state that you don't do it?

and anyway, you can respond to their feedback to explain situ can't you?

josh.p.
15-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Did you put "no international postage" in your postage 'section'? If so then report her to the site.

Britchick
15-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Did you put "no international postage" in your postage 'section'? If so then report her to the site.

yes! i'm really annoyed.

she refused to cancel so basically she can leave feedback, sellers can no longer leave negative feedback.

Skywatcher
15-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a ruse to me - Have you e-mailed ebay to discuss this as it sounds like you are being blackmailed

Britchick
15-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Sounds like a ruse to me - Have you e-mailed ebay to discuss this as it sounds like you are being blackmailed

i have now, i did toy with the idea of charging her 30 for shipping :tongue: but thought that it would stand me in bad stead lol

Skywatcher
15-05-2009, 07:18 PM
I am sure this happens a lot don't try and stress too much just yet hun please x

Tink
15-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Ugh. Sounds like a wise acre to me. Hopefully, eBay will intervene and stop that sort of nonsense.

daveann
15-05-2009, 07:52 PM
go onto the american site log in and go to there live chat you will be able to have a talk to one of the ebay team via there message service they will sort it quicker for you

Britchick
15-05-2009, 08:07 PM
go onto the american site log in and go to there live chat you will be able to have a talk to one of the ebay team via there message service they will sort it quicker for you

oh, ok thank you

josh.p.
15-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Also, keep a record of any communications with her via e-mail. You may need them to prove to the site you are not telling porkies. Sounds like blackmail ;)

foreverducky
15-05-2009, 10:08 PM
I agree with everyone else. She's obviously in the wrong.

Mari
15-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I would ship and chrge her 40 pounds for the shipping....

Dawn
16-05-2009, 11:05 AM
There is an option for blocking bidders from countries you do not ship to when you do the listing.

But if she's in the uk and wants it shipped elsewhere that wouldn't work. You can respond to negative feedback though with your side of things. People take notice of that.

Britchick
16-05-2009, 11:12 AM
i couldn't find how to block people- will have to look before i list again. :unsure:

Disneybumble
16-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Ask ebay to cancel the transaction. They are able/or were able to do this. Also never ever send anything international sign for. It's a con as Royal mail can only track parcel to the departure airport.

Britchick
16-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Ask ebay to cancel the transaction. They are able/or were able to do this. Also never ever send anything international sign for. It's a con as Royal mail can only track parcel to the departure airport.

oooh i didn't know that, the seller refused to cancel but i am waiting for a reply from ebay.

Britchick
16-05-2009, 01:13 PM
had a response, not happy as i have had to pay the final value fees - it isn't much but it's the principle! :slap:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your buyer "********" who won
the pattern and pens template (item ********) that you've listed.
I'm very sorry to hear the buyer backed out of cancelling the
transaction.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. When a seller wants to cancel a
transaction, we ask the buyer to confirm you've both agreed. We do this
to avoid crediting Final Value Fees incorrectly for transactions that
were actually successful.

An unfortunate side-effect is that buyers occasionally don't confirm the
cancellation, even when they had previously agreed with the seller to do
so.

Unfortunately we can't reopen the case or credit your Final Value Fee
now that the buyer has denied the mutual agreement.

With regard to your concern about their threat of negative feedback, I
assure you that I've taken the liberty of forwarding this email to the
appropriate department as they're the best qualified in addressing this
concern. You should be hearing from them as soon as possible.

I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you were expecting. I trust you have
more success buying and selling on eBay in the future.

mumof2
16-05-2009, 09:54 PM
:unsure:

is it just me or did that reply confuse you too when you received it?

Britchick
16-05-2009, 09:57 PM
it did and then i realised what they were saying- grrrrrrrrr

Mari
22-05-2009, 06:23 PM
so basically they are saying, sorry! we are still taking your money....

Tink
22-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Nope. Not good enough. You made the terms clear, the buy voided those terms.

Not acceptable. :( :(