PDA

View Full Version : Look at who may be coming to live here!!!

Deb
17-05-2009, 05:58 PM
This week we finally made the decision to get a second dog. Sorrel is 7 years old and we thought if we waited any longer she'd get too set in her ways to accept another. The choices were either a placid oldie who she could boss about or a little puppy she could mother, and feel unthreatened by. We went for the oldie decision so we could still have some freedom to go out now and again! After going to see an eight year old bearded collie yesterday, and waiting for a homecheck for a ten year old beardie, we visited the local Dogs Trust rehoming centre today. We carelessly said we were prepared to take a puppy and fatally went to see some :unsure: We need to pass a homecheck tomorrow, and take Sorrel on Wednesday to meet him, but if all goes to plan we will be bringing this little chap home on Thursday :love2:

He is part of a big unwanted litter that came into the centre under dubious circumstances :unsure: His Dad was a German Shepherd/Whippet cross and his Mum was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier/Whippet cross, so we have no idea what he'll turn out like, but he is quite small with little paws so he should be only by medium sized. He is only 5 weeks old so is very small and a bit bewildered and will need full attention for a few weeks :cry2:

We thought about names, then Disney names, and have whittled it down to two - Baloo or Basil (for the Mouse detective, though Mr Deb wants to call him Basil Quarterstaff Rathbone (because he's quarter staffy - geddit?? :rolleyes3: ).

It's now all systems go that it all works out, and for no real sleep for a few weeks as well as no holidays for a few months. It'll be worth it!!!

Skywatcher
17-05-2009, 06:01 PM
He is insanely cute

Oh and er... whats the key for???:D

Britchick
17-05-2009, 06:08 PM
oh how cute! must resist urge to look at puppies!!

I like Basil

Deb
17-05-2009, 06:15 PM
He is insanely cute

Oh and er... whats the key for???:D

For my heart SW, for my heart :D

I tried resisting too Brit, but fell at the final hurdle! :unsure:

daveann
17-05-2009, 06:15 PM
aw he is sooooooooooo cute :)

josh.p.
17-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I want him :( He is lovely!

Dawn
17-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh now I want a Basil. :mental:

foreverducky
17-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Awwww, he's so cute! I love puppies. :D

Isafari
17-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Simply adorable!
We brought two dogs up together from pups, not from the same family and they loved each other to bits.
I miss them so much and it has been 10 years and 9 years since they passed on :(

Claire
17-05-2009, 07:01 PM
I'd eat him. So cute.

Taja
17-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Awwwwww! He is cute! :D

lisaw
17-05-2009, 08:59 PM
He is so cute!!! :fingers: Sorrel loves him :D

Mari
18-05-2009, 03:04 AM
wow!! he is soooooooooo cute!!!

PsychoAlice
18-05-2009, 05:18 AM
We have at the house for a few days a Blue Healer/Am Staff mix 12 week old puppy at the house..and OMG the boys (My great danes) just love her to bits..its so so so funny to watch 150 pound dogs play with this little bitty thing..they try so hard to be so gentle with her and she just lets into them...then she wear them and herself out and they all nap together...I love puppies!

ukwdwnut
18-05-2009, 09:28 AM
deb hes too cute

my DD had a pup staffie with her ex when she lived in burton, she came to stay with us a week, 1st dog ive ever let in the house and she was amazing, never barked at all and was so cute. mikey wnats one but i said no lol

daveann
18-05-2009, 11:00 AM
good luck with the home visit still think he is soooooooooooo cute :)

Disneybumble
18-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Deb he is so sweet. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. I love Basil.

Tink
18-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Deb, I know this isn't the point of this thread, but you are so beautiful. :yes: The puppy is a sweetie too. :yes:

mainecoon lover
18-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Aww he is so cute

PsychoAlice
18-05-2009, 01:04 PM
deb hes too cute

my DD had a pup staffie with her ex when she lived in burton, she came to stay with us a week, 1st dog ive ever let in the house and she was amazing, never barked at all and was so cute. mikey wnats one but i said no lol

I like that we call them Staf's instead of their more common name!

Deb
18-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Deb, I know this isn't the point of this thread, but you are so beautiful. :yes: The puppy is a sweetie too. :yes:

Oh Tink, that's so nice of you to say so :hug2: especially as I didn't like those ones of me! Makes me feel loads better, thanks!! :embarassed:

PA, you should post a pic of that puppy - sounds an adorable cross!!

I'm waiting for my homechecker to turn up :unsure: I've told Sorrel she mustn't bite him :D Fingers crossed all will go well :thumbsup:

It's looking like the puppy will be Basil if all goes well and we get him. That will mean we have two herbs - Sorrel and Basil!

Skywatcher
18-05-2009, 01:52 PM
:nono: what on earth do you mean you didn't like the ones of you geesh :rolleyes:

:fingers: for your puppy check love.

My mate had a cat called Dave once - still makes me laugh to think about it :lol: - Basil is an ace name :D

ukwdwnut
18-05-2009, 01:57 PM
I like that we call them Staf's instead of their more common name!

i think a SBT makes them sound like a devil dog like a pitbull, but they arent they are sof as, well i wont go there :lol:

ukwdwnut
18-05-2009, 02:07 PM
you both look cool deb, as tink said :)

heres the one we had with us

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s192/essexmick/IMG_1280.jpg

Deb
18-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Awww, Mick, he's gorgeous!!! :)

Well, we passed the homecheck!!! :thumbsup: Yay!!!!!! Now we just have to hope that Sorrel is ok with him when we visit on Wednesday. Fingers crossed! :unsure: Oh, and thanks to your agreement, he is now a Basil (Basil Quarterstaff Rathbone 1st).

We found out today that the puppies were taken from a crack den full of drug users and dealers a few days ago :sorry: They have been taken from their Mum too early, are full of worms and are a bit undernourished. They were in such pain from the worms yesterday their vaccinations were delayed and they were given steroid injections to help them deal with the pain. Because of that we won't be able to take him till Friday and he will be a little high maintenance for a few weeks, bless him. The puppies' parents are still there poor things, and will probably breed again and go through the same thing. Not much can be done about that unfortunately
:(

Fingers crossed that my girl wants to mother him instead of being jealous - she has been an only dog for three years and I do worry, but if she can accept anything it will be a baby :yes:

Tinkerbell
18-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Aw Deb, he's gorgeous :hearts:
:fingers: all goes well on Wednesday

PsychoAlice
19-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Sully and Ganesh
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/PsychoAlice/008.jpg

PsychoAlice
19-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Tuckered out..

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/PsychoAlice/023.jpg

Deb
19-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Aw PA, they're great pics! Both of them are lovely - I love the tuckered out one! :D

Skywatcher
19-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Yay on the homecheck :D and you are doing a great thing regoming such a poor little guy :D :hug2:

*Bambi-Belle*
19-05-2009, 09:04 AM
OMG he's adorable, you can see the whippet in him.

I want him. xxxxxxxxxxxxx Pullllllllleeeeeeeessssssse can i have him.:hearts:

Johnie
19-05-2009, 01:38 PM
ohhhh both of you are so cute!