PDA

View Full Version : Half-term Friday

Dawn
22-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Check out the countdown. :mental:

I'm ready for a rest after the past couple of weeks. Ofsted, SATs, fire alarms, and yesterday our section of school was evacuated for 2 hours while a smell of gas was investigated. Lunch in the hall with 90 children was interesting. :unsure:

Claire
22-05-2009, 07:03 AM
We've got a Britannia Class steam train coming through Poole on it's way to Swanage tomorrow. Guess I'll be on a bridge for the best part of the day since someone saw fit to tell Owen!!!!

Deb
22-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Mmmm. That sounds like a fun lunch :unsure:

Chuck and Dave are nearly there!!!! :mental: Yay!!!! Do you have all of your lists attended to? :mental: Are you sure 6 books is enough? Remember, you do have a day with the outlaws :D Will you have internet access at all Dawn, or are you disappearing into a black hole for the week?

Well, this has been a hectic week of preparations, and today is the day that our life gets turned upside down and we say goodbye to any semblance of social life and holidays for a few months. We are picking up Puppy Basil Quarterstaff at 12:00 today!!! :mental: (there seem to be a lot of those smilies in this thread - must be that kind of a Friday). I so hope Sorrel accepts him :sigh:

Dawn
22-05-2009, 07:11 AM
I have packed a 7th book - the RSPB book of British birds. :D

Mostly packed - just dogs stuff to do in the morning and then remember to pack dog.

No internet access. :D

Dawn
22-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Oh help. Steven has just asked....

"why is a bottom called a bottom because it's only half way down"

:unsure:

Deb
22-05-2009, 07:14 AM

On your own with that one mate. On your own :D

Skywatcher
22-05-2009, 07:33 AM
:mental: kids are off as teachers have a 'training day' today

work is :mental:

have a great trip Dawn :D

its at the bottom of your spine ;)

simonwebb74
22-05-2009, 07:55 AM
My boys school is having a mufty day today to raise money for the school summer fete.
His teacher suggested dressing up as something from the garden.

I suggested wrapping him in corrugated cardboard so that he could go as decking!! He could even take his water pistol and say he was decking with a water feature :yes:

But no. My strapping six year old has got his own way and gone to school this morning dressed as a

:flowerbounce:

Flower :insane:

uscwest
22-05-2009, 10:42 AM
We've been given the last hour of our normal work day off today. And tomorrow we leave for MIL's in FL for a week, with a 2 day trip to our favorite place. Dinner and Breakfast at BOMA and dinner at SANAA

tb2830
22-05-2009, 11:12 AM
im at work this afternoon and tomorrow :thumbsdown: my little ones are going away today till monday with my parents :wiggle:

and craig will be building tylers new bed and my new wardrobe over the weekend

Tink
22-05-2009, 11:37 AM
It's still raining. My arm still hurts. :( The doctor gave me "medicine" for it and I didn't pay attention. It's vicodin. :( :( So I'm not taking it. :nono: I was supposed to drive to Port Orange today, but the roads are flooded in too many places. :( It's cold too, for Florida.

However...

SETH is coming tonight!!!!

They'll stay until Sunday because the girlfriend couldn't get Monday off. Kind of weird as Monday is Memorial Day. :unsure:

So, there you have it! :yes: :)

MystikPiglit
22-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Dawn - hope you have a lovely, relaxing time. :wave:

Tink - hope your arm feels better soon. And.. a visit from Seth. Yay!!! :hug2:

Disneybumble
22-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Tink STEP AWAY FROM THE VICODIN :nono:

Great news about Seth coming. And i hope the arm gets better soon.

We have a sort of relaxing weekend ahead. I am out tonight. We have friends over on Sunday. Tomorrow l have to go into town as Build-a-Bear have a special event on. Spend 15 and get a beach towel:unsure:. Lily has saved and saved and wants to get another bear.
Tomorrow l also have to go and water my Mothers orchids:surrender:. She is away and l have strict instructions on hoiw to water each one for 6 seconds each. Crikey my mother has issues!!!!!
Also over the weekend My DH has alot of preparation to do for "something" :sigh:on Wednesday. It is a huge step forward in our life and please God it will pay off.
And Deb l bought "This Charming Man" by Marian Keyes as you said it was so good. So l will start that tonight.
Great weekends and half term wishes to all.

Skywatcher
22-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Ooooooooo possibly clear skies tonight :mental:

mainecoon lover
22-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Have lots of fun Dawn :wave:. Its sunny down here :)

Taja
22-05-2009, 01:12 PM
So glad it's Friday--and the holiday weekend begins tonight! :D

The weather has been crazy. :mental: Fourteen consecutive days of 100+ degrees--a record for May. :heatwave: Let's hope we don't repeat it any time soon! It's been accompanied by high winds and lots of debris. Most of the neighbors have been out around 5:00 a.m. (over night lows in the low to mid 80s) to clean up personal property and we've all been pitching in to clean up the streets and walkways.

Yesterday our overnight low temperature was the high temperature of the day. I think it was about 82 degrees, then a storm blew in from the south (Mexico) and cooled us down significantly. It's about 68 degrees out this morninging (6:00 a.m. MST)--the coolest it's been in over two weeks! Unfortunately, the cooler temperatures brought rain--which we do need--that is expected to hang around through at least tomorrow morning. It's messing up my weekend plans a bit (nothing exciting, just more work outside), but the cooler weather--for a few days!--is worth the inconvenience. :raincloud:

Dawn, have a wonderful half-term holiday. And, Deb, I hope Basil settles in quickly.

Tink, take care of shoulder and enjoy your time with Seth!

Siobhan, :fingers: and a touch of :pdust: for your DH. Hope everything goes well next week!

Tink
22-05-2009, 01:45 PM
No fears there Siobhan. I HATE meds that make me drowsy/affect my thinking ability. :nono: (It's limited enough as it is)! :lol:

:pdust: :pdust: :pdust: for your DH!!! :9: :9:

Taja, I'd happily send you some of our cold and dreary weather. :sigh: I remember a June several years ago that was much like these last several days have been. :( I hope we aren't in for a month of it!

I hope we can at least sneak in an hour or two of pool time with Seth. :sigh: Not sure though. We'll need to adjust the ph given all the rain, and we can't do that until the rain stops. :sigh:

Skywatcher
22-05-2009, 01:48 PM
:mental:

its clear

:fingers:

please stay like this

:mental:

Tink
22-05-2009, 01:49 PM
:pdust: :pdust: :pdust: :pdust:

Sending some help!!! :pdust: :pdust: :pdust:

MystikPiglit
22-05-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm going round to DD's (pinkemma) tomorrow for a squeally, girly, Disney planning day. :mickeybounce::stitch::jack2::poohbounce:

Taja
22-05-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm going round to DD's (pinkemma) tomorrow for a squeally, girly, Disney planning day. :mickeybounce::stitch::jack2::poohbounce:

Oooooh! What fun!

Dawn
22-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Is Basil home yet?

Mari
22-05-2009, 04:12 PM

thats easy peasy!

Because LEGS dont count!!!! :taunt:

Dawn
22-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I know. I'll tell Steven to ask his teacher because she has a huge one. :rotfl:

Mari
22-05-2009, 05:02 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha

Deb
22-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Is Basil home yet?

Basil is home!! :D

So far so good!!! This is a 1 minute check in (I wanted to see if my newspaper/candy exchange parcel had arrived but it hasn't. Must be in a black hole somewhere :unsure: ) but I will post pics later!!!! He is adorable!!!

Dawn, if I don't get the chance to get in again, have a great trip!!! :wave:

Tink
22-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Oooooh! He's here! He's Here!!!! Say hi to Basil everyone!!! :wave: :tralala:

(The next door cocker is Basil too)! :yes: