PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys!

scarey
24-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Just saying hello.
Booked Orlando for next year..now working on the itinerary...best days of the week to do things, fast pass advice etc...
:thumbsup:

lozzy
24-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Just saying hello.
Booked Orlando for next year..now working on the itinerary...best days of the week to do things, fast pass advice etc...
:thumbsup:

WELCOME

What month are you going?

mumof2
24-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi scarey :wave:

Isafari
24-05-2009, 07:10 PM
:hello1: and welcome to Secrets.
We'd love to help you plan your trip :yes: Any questions you have, just post in the appropriate forum for the maximum replies.

Have you been to WDW in the past Scarey?

Tink
24-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi Scarey!!! Welcome to Disney Secrets! :9:

Fast Pass advice. USE IT! :D :D Much of the advice that will help you will depend upon when you are going, where you are staying and if you have your own transport or not. :yes:

So! Come along and share your info with us and we'll be happy to share our Secrets with you! :D :D

scarey
24-05-2009, 08:16 PM
We will be going at the end of March-early April.
11 days in total...staying at the World Quest Resort.

We ahve done Eurodis a few times, but never Orlando.
The boys have never beed to the USA before.

Seaworld, Dis Cove and Space Kennedy are all musts as well as Disney.
What about Aqauatica....boys are 8 and 6...good swimmers for their ages.
How much rest should I factor in to a Trans -Atlantic Jet lag with kids?

Hired a car so we can be quite independent!

Scarey

Claire
24-05-2009, 08:18 PM
:secrets2:

Tink
24-05-2009, 08:22 PM
That is a great time to be here for the first time. It won't be too wicked hot, but shouldn't be too cold or rainy either.

I don't know the World Quest resort. :unsure:

If the boys have never been before, prepare them for a huge place. :yes: Disney alone is four separate parks!

Having your own car is excellent. You can come and go as you please and may even squeeze in some time to visit the many malls and outlets in the area. It will also give you the chance to have some lovely offsite dinners. I'm kind of grumpy about Disney dining options right now, so am not the best to talk about that! :lol:

Taja
25-05-2009, 12:32 AM
:wave:

Welcome to Disney Secrets, scarey!

My advice is to prepare well before your WDW visit. It will involve a lot of walking. So if the family doesn't walk regularly (like yours truly--my job requires a lot of sitting!), start a walking program at least two or three months before your WDW visit. And take two pairs of good walking shoes for each family member. The type depends on each individual.

And, yep! Use Fastpass when possible at WDW! :)

You and your family are going to have a wonderful holiday! :D

Skywatcher
25-05-2009, 10:28 AM

:secrets2:

I am sure I know who you are :wink: I am sure there is everything you will need on here to plan the perfect trip.

Reading a few of the trip reports can help give a sense of what you can do each day - I am still halfway through writing up our Feb trip

My tips would be

1. don't try and do it all you will wear yourself out and actually have less fun

2. I know its going to be a surprise for the boys but it might be an idea to let them know sometime in advance so they can pick the things they really want to do

3, Take some time to relax, it is a holiday after all and you will be amazed how much walking you do - weariness leads to grumpiness very quickly.
4. if there are any meals you really want to do make sure you book them a long time in advance as now disney sells dining plans restaurants book up early.

The jetlag isn't so much of an issue with boys your age going out you just won't be able to do anything really on the day you travel other than get to your accommodation by the time you are in and unpacked it will probably be in the small hours uk time - you will then crash and wake up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning the next day.

Stay and play on the site and ask as many questions as you can think of....

enjoy the planning it is one of my favourite bits :D

Macl1uk
25-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Just saying hello.
:thumbsup:Send me a personal message of your email address and I will send you my Disney notes (10 pages), sorry too big to attach to a thread.

scarey
25-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks,
If I can work out the personal message method I will do that!:thumbsup:

scarey
25-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks,
W already knows that we are going...low key.
D hasn't got a clue.

Going North for a few days this 1/2 term.....

Love to all

:yes:

scarey
25-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks Tink.
We will get into training!!

Macl1uk
25-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Disney Notes

Thanks,
If I can work out the personal message method I will do that!:thumbsup:email me at EMAIL REMOVED and I will send you my Disney notes

Hi Macl1uk,
As you will have noticed, I have removed your email address, please use the pm system to give Scarey your email addy. We dont want any spammers getting hold of it, thanks for understanding. :)

MystikPiglit
26-05-2009, 10:46 AM
:wave:Hello and welcome! Happy planning. :D

Wendy
07-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Hi and a big :secrets1: I'm so glad you decided to join us. We're a friendly, helpful bunch here and I look forward to seeing you round :wave: