PDA

View Full Version : Tiny little Carpe Diem

kazzaqld
28-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Was chatting to my cousin in Tasmania tonight and she said "When are you coming to visit next" and I said - "well Gareth and I have time off together in September"

So the next thing you know we are off to Tasmania in September! I have to double-check something at work before I can book the flights - but it's all but arranged! :thumbsup:

Woo hoo!

Skywatcher
28-05-2009, 08:53 AM
:thumbsup:

I came within a hairs bredth of emigrating to Tas when I was 8 years old - flight was booked and everything

Tink
28-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Oooooo! Nice Kazza. :yes:

That sounds like an opening to a very interesting story, Skywatcher. :yes: :D

Mari
28-05-2009, 06:12 PM
:)

Wow!! Tasmania...... I can only imagine what it looks like :)

have lots of fun!

kazzaqld
28-05-2009, 09:14 PM
:)

Wow!! Tasmania...... I can only imagine what it looks like :)

have lots of fun!

It's beautiful Mari - I might try and hunt up some nice pics from previous trips if you'd like?

kazzaqld
28-05-2009, 09:17 PM
:thumbsup:

I came within a hairs bredth of emigrating to Tas when I was 8 years old - flight was booked and everything

We nearly moved back to England when I was little - my Dad's grandfather was talking about leaving the family business to my Dad. But then he left it to his church instead! So I am still an Aussie!

If you had moved to Tassie you might have married one of my relatives; we are a close knit bunch! :point:

daveann
28-05-2009, 09:38 PM
sounds like a lovely trip you have planned :)

foreverducky
28-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Wow, that's super exciting! :yes:

Skywatcher
29-05-2009, 07:25 AM
My family all come from Southampton , and as such when the ships sailed to Aus most of them took the offer of disembarking for 1 andas such most of my family are in Australia now, too many to count - all over the place from Perth , Cairns, Tas, Melbourne

Dad worked for Fords all his life and when I was 8 and we had a depression, the motor indusrt was in decline he put in for voluntary redundancy(as many were asked to do) and set up a move to Tas - at the 11th hour Fords declined his application and the trip had to be abandoned as the redundancy money was going to fund the whole thing.

I often think how things would have turned out

Disneybumble
01-06-2009, 08:37 AM
What a story Skywatcher.
Karen we need a picture of a tassie devil.

kazzaqld
01-06-2009, 09:55 AM
How's this?

Disneybumble
01-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks Karen, l think they are so cute. Thank you