PDA

View Full Version : DD off to Prom Tomorrow

Watchinherskip
28-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Alex is heading out to her Senior Prom tomorrow night. She tried on her dress the other night and looked so pretty. She is going with the same boy that took her last time. They are still dating, although I wonder about this boy :nono: He isn't really the one for her. I am glad that she will be going away to school this August. I think she deserves better than the likes of him. I guess he is ok, but doesn't treat her as he used to, I think he wants to break up but doesn't cowboy up to it. Anyhow I will get some pictures up as soon as I can.

We are off to Longwood University this coming week for orientation/course registration. Man I am already missing her and dreading August.:sorry:

ukwdwnut
28-05-2009, 05:52 PM
awwwww hope alex has the best time dan.....i know how your gonna feel in aug mate :hug2: to you my friend

Watchinherskip
28-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Aw thanks there Mick. Yeah get these bouts of sadness you know. But I know it is for the best eh?

I am sure that it isn't just me being be, don't think this boy deserves to be dating my Alex.

catrancher
28-05-2009, 07:13 PM
I am sure that it isn't just me being be, don't think this boy deserves to be dating my Alex.

I can tell you from the perspective of a father whose daughter has grown and gone that you'll find that actually there's no boy who's good enough. :thumbsdown:

After all, it's taken me twelve years to grudgingly accept my son-in-law! :mental:
I guess at this point, he'll do.

Tom (:macwave:... been there, done that, got the scars to prove it!)

Mari
28-05-2009, 07:39 PM
I hope she has a great time!

take lots of pics!!!

:hug2: It must be so difficult to let her go...

foreverducky
28-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Ah Dan....:hug2: I know it's going to so hard. My dad still has a hard time saying goodbye and I'm close to being 30.

Hopefully, she will find someone you like and that treats her the way that she deserves to be treated.

Debbie2
28-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Hope she has a fab time. My DD is at hers right now - I am just about to go and pick her up. They all looked beautiful - far too grown up for 16 years old.

Tinker
28-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Hope Alex has a fabulous time and look forward to seeing her pictures .

Watchinherskip
29-05-2009, 01:31 AM
I can tell you from the perspective of a father whose daughter has grown and gone that you'll find that actually there's no boy who's good enough. :thumbsdown:

After all, it's taken me twelve years to grudgingly accept my son-in-law! :mental:
I guess at this point, he'll do.

Tom (:macwave:... been there, done that, got the scars to prove it!)

True that Tom! Ok, so it isn't just me!:tongue:

Watchinherskip
29-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Ah Dan....:hug2: I know it's going to so hard. My dad still has a hard time saying goodbye and I'm close to being 30.

Hopefully, she will find someone you like and that treats her the way that she deserves to be treated.

Thanks Billie! I hope so too! But not TOO soon!:tongue:

Watchinherskip
29-05-2009, 01:33 AM
Hope she has a fab time. My DD is at hers right now - I am just about to go and pick her up. They all looked beautiful - far too grown up for 16 years old.

That is so cool! I hope you post some pictures!

Watchinherskip
29-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Debbi and Mari, I sure will. Last year I posted a few of the hundred or so pictures I took of her. She was even in the newspaper part of a human interest story.

Right now she and her friend (staying with us for the end of year festivities at their high school - she moved to GA earlier in the semester) have their dresses laid out on the bed with their shoes and jewelry nearby. Think this is a dress rehersal for tomorrow:yes:

Tink
29-05-2009, 01:47 AM
You should get photos of the dresses and jewelry laid out on the beds! That would be a pretty addition to shots of them. :yes:

I know she'll be beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. I do hope that her going away removes her from association with this boy. He doesn't sound like someone she needs to spend much more time with. :sigh: One of the small benefits of her going to uni, eh? :hug2: Hard stuff Da. Hard stuff. :hug2:

Disneybumble
29-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Dan:hug2: It is so hard to see them growing up isn't it. My son has his prom in 3 weeks. I can't grasp that he is 16 and leaving school to go to college.
As for the boy Dan. Good job she is going away. Out of sight out of mind,.
Can't wait to see the pictures.

Watchinherskip
29-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks Tink! That would have been good. After trying the dresses on she THEN decides to finish her paper on Hamlet!:nono: That girl! She was up late working on it. Well that is the last of it. She has 3 exams next week. Then on the 9th ...gulp:sorry: graduation!

Siobhan, yes the time goes by in a blink doesn't it? Please take DS's pictures to share.

OH on another front, yearbooks came out....and my DD Alexandra got to be a superlative....

Oh Most popular...no
Most school spirit....no

Most likely to succeed....no

Most talented....no

Class clown/funniest -----yah:tongue: Oh to be the proud father of the funniest kid in the class. She really is funny though:yes:

Debbie2
29-05-2009, 01:58 PM
That is so cool! I hope you post some pictures!

I have, but only on Facebook as I have worked out how to load them on there and don't know how to do on here. She had a lovely time and to cut a long story short, I had to get up and drive into town at 4am to pick her up. A group of them went after the prom finished. She has only just got up :)

Johnie
29-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I know she's going to be beautiful! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Is this the same boy that she was having issues with earlier in the year? Being a parent is hard. You don't want to forbid her to see him cause you surely don't want him to become your son in law! But you also don't want your baby to be treated badly. :hug2::hug2:

Watchinherskip
29-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I know she's going to be beautiful! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Is this the same boy that she was having issues with earlier in the year? Being a parent is hard. You don't want to forbid her to see him cause you surely don't want him to become your son in law! But you also don't want your baby to be treated badly. :hug2::hug2:

Yes it is Johnie, one and the same. He is not a terrible kid, but not someone I would want Alex to build her life around. He is a typical teenaged boy...now that said...I have cleaned my guns in front of him.:yes:

So there is the fear thing..which is good. But he used to think that Alex hung the moon. He has sort of pulled back from her. She of course still thinks he hangs the moon and that is where the problem lies I guess. She has cried her sefl to sleep many nights this spring because of his insensitivity. NOW, Alex's friend who is spending the month with us...told me at dinner yesterday, that the boy, we will call him Zach, because that is his name:point: has been talking about her going away to school and that they should plan on seeing other people. (to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he was already :nono:) Where are my bullets??:tongue:

Anyhow that is the best things that have ever come out of his mouth!:yes:

*Bambi-Belle*
29-05-2009, 02:30 PM
I hope she has a lovely time.

catrancher
29-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I have cleaned my guns in front of him.:yes:

Oh boy... someone after my own heart! :mental:

I did the same with one of my DD's dates many years ago. She brought the kid home to meet dear, old dad and there I sat running a cleaning rod through my .357 magnum. Reached out to shake the kids hand while my own hand's were dripping with gun oil. The look on his face was priceless! :yes:

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone's eye's get that big!

I don't recall her ever bringing him to the house again either. :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... intimidation for fun and profit!)

Disneybumble
29-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Oh boy... someone after my own heart! :mental:

I did the same with one of my DD's dates many years ago. She brought the kid home to meet dear, old dad and there I sat running a cleaning rod through my .357 magnum. Reached out to shake the kids hand while my own hand's were dripping with gun oil. The look on his face was priceless! :yes:

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone's eye's get that big!

I don't recall her ever bringing him to the house again either. :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... intimidation for fun and profit!)

Tom and Dan my Dad did that to my now Husband. One Boxing day he shot a hole in the kitchen but that's a whole new story.

Watchinherskip
01-06-2009, 02:12 AM
:tongue: Too funny! I am off to get some of the pictures. She of course was stunning, but then I have been accused of not being necessarily prejudiced.

Picture 1 Alex's classmates. Alex is the blonde on the end.

Picture 2 Outside the seafood restaurant before the actual prom.

Picture 3 The whole gang and their limo.

Isafari
01-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Wow, brilliant photos. Alex looked stunning :yes:

Deb
01-06-2009, 06:31 AM
Aw Dan, she looks lovely! :) Her dress is beautifully cut too :yes:

Disneybumble
01-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Dan she is beautiful. I love her hair. I see a corsage did the "boy" buy it for her.

foreverducky
01-06-2009, 01:14 PM
So pretty Dan! Good job! ;)

Watchinherskip
01-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Dan she is beautiful. I love her hair. I see a corsage did the "boy" buy it for her.

Thank you all, her mother and I think she is a beauty, but she says that we aren't objective, we are supposed to think that way.:tongue:

Her boyfriend (he is the blonde boy next to her with the black tux and tan waiscoat) did indeed give her the corsage. I will try to get a few more pictures up before leaving for her orientation at the university tonight.

foreverducky
01-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Are you excited about orientation? Will she be picking classes for the fall? At least this is all happening in baby steps for you. :D

Watchinherskip
01-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Are you excited about orientation? Will she be picking classes for the fall? At least this is all happening in baby steps for you. :D

Yup for sure Billie, she will be registering for her fall classes among other things. The BFA is very restricive in its scheduling. They require progress along the way to see if you are really meant for it. There are 15 general ed classes that Longwood requires you to take. Most of the majors have you taking them at the beginning, the BFA has you fill them in along the way with a lot of them coming towards the end of your studies. She will start right into art classes this fall. She is going for photograhy, but has to get through the basic drawing, 2d and 3d aspects first, some art history and the like.:yes: We will know more tomorrow. She LOVES the faculty. They were much like her...they spoke the same language and I think she identified with them. So we are looking for a happy relationship.

Johnie
01-06-2009, 02:51 PM
vavavoom! Alex is channeling Marilyn Monroe! Beautiful!

Watchinherskip
01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
vavavoom! Alex is channeling Marilyn Monroe! Beautiful!

:point:Funny you should mention that....there is one picture where she really does look like her to some extent. I will need to upload that one.

Tink
01-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Isn't she beautiful. :yes: How proud of her you must be. :hug2: Thank you for sharing her photos with us. Nice looking bunch of young people!

foreverducky
01-06-2009, 06:06 PM
The program sounds like a real fit for her. Good to know they want to make sure that she is doing well along the way.

Watchinherskip
01-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Isn't she beautiful. :yes: How proud of her you must be. :hug2: Thank you for sharing her photos with us. Nice looking bunch of young people!

Thanks Tink, of course a proud papa, but not for her looks. She is kind, sensitive, compassionate and really really stuborn....wonder where she gets that from:unsure: and really funny too. Got voted funniest/class clown...oh that makes a Dad proud.heh

I of course think she is beautiful, all dads do. I really like the girl (for the most part when she isn't being a total teenager:tongue:). Her friends are very nice too. One girl is going to Pitt, one to Virginia Commonwealth University, one Virginia Tech Hokie, one girl (from GA is going to school down there, can't remember the name), my Alex is off to Longwood and not sure where Samantha is going..I want to say Mary Washington but not sure. After the prom three of the girls came back to sleep at our house. That was nice not having to worry about the after prom drinking parties and the like. So yes, very proud of her...does it show:tongue: :yes:

Britchick
01-06-2009, 06:37 PM
vavavoom indeed! you must be fighting the guys off with a stick!

mainecoon lover
01-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow stunning photo's. I hope thye all had a fab time :)