View Full Version : Friday

Skywatcher
29-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Looks like being a nice weekend weather wise at least

:unsure:

where did the week go :unsure:

Deb
29-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Where did it go?? Whaddaya mean? Think this has been the longest week of my life!! Mr Basil Puppy has been a handful, has to be watched at all times and has had me tied to the house and garden, but without the freedom to do anything much else!!!:mental: :D

But as the weather looks like being lovely for a few days then I'm not going to mind that too much this weekend! :thumbsup:

daveann
29-05-2009, 08:06 AM
im at work for the next 3 days so will only see it through the windows typical sun comes out and i have to work :(

Isafari
29-05-2009, 08:08 AM
The week went real quick for me even though I was spring cleaning!
Going out for lunch with DH today followed by a trip to an outlet area. I've bought BBQ food for the weekend....just in case! It will probably end up in the freezer.:lol:

Deb
29-05-2009, 08:08 AM
im at work for the next 3 days so will only see it through the windows typical sun comes out and i have to work :(

Awwww :hug2:

On the other hand - you have a Disney trip booked which is better than a sunny weekend any day!!!! Yay!!! :D

Dizneyblonde
29-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Sun shining in Cornwall so washing is on and i'm going to sit in the garden all day and make the most of the rest of half term.
Kids are at their Dad's tonight (for the first time in over 3 months) so i will be watching Britain's Got Talent on my own.

Claire
29-05-2009, 08:29 AM
It's sunny!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got a new pair of sunglasses and it's actually sunny!!!!

kazzaqld
29-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Absolutely pelting down here at the moment - hopefully DH has his umbrella with him as he will be getting off the train to walk home any moment now! :raincloud:

Looking forward to a nice weekend otherwise! :yes:

daveann
29-05-2009, 09:03 AM
It's sunny!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got a new pair of sunglasses and it's actually sunny!!!!

dont you dare wear them :point:

mumof2
29-05-2009, 09:14 AM
hee hee, i thought it was Saturday!

lovely sunny day here too, washing is in the machine and it'll be nice to get it out on the line for a change.

I'm off to the wedding hotel this afternoon with the Bride to be, niece, Mum and other sister. We're going to have a look around and discuss wedding details.

Mum, Niece and other sister haven't seen it yet so they're in for a treat then afterwards we'll be having afternoon tea at 3....how very posh! :yes:

DH is working later, Jay is having his friend of the same name (that gets confusing!) over this afternoon and tonight, and Matthew is either going to stay with Nancy and her Dad this afternoon when DH goes to work, or to the dogs home with MIL to bring food and blankets to them.

So that's us sorted today!

Tink
29-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Friday. It's been a fast moving long week. :sigh: I've a heavy day ahead of me, and a weekend where I'll be working more than "resting" but sometimes things just get too back logged.

A friend of mine, who does the work that I used to do (only in the St. Petersburg area) was supposed to meet with us at one of our communities in his county but he ended up being taken to hospital by ambulance. :( He's having some sort of "cardiac" issue. I surely hope he is going to be ok. He's given up smoking several years ago, changed his diet and lost weight. That added some stress to the week. :eek:

It's rained and rained and rained... :( I have had a solid month of rain now and I'm well over it. I had two weeks of rain in SC, then VA, and now FL. Enough! :hopmad:

Herself's AP has run out, so we need to renew that. :yes: Plus, we are getting park tickets for Seth's Da and his girlfriend so they can go to SWW. :yes: Combination birthday and graduation gifts. :yes:

I think we are going to reserve (or try to anyway) a treehouse villa for August. We have 21 family members coming for the DCL cruise for Herself's mother and they'll all need a place to stay. One branch is already staying at PO and another couple can stay with Herself's Mother. A third couple want to be by themselves, so they'll be reserving something on their own. That leaves 8 cousins 17-32 who can stay at the villa.

Not sure yet if we can reserve it for the time we need it, but we are going to try. Still wicked bummed that Seth and his Da can't go. :(

I want a good book to read. I need an escape without being able to get away and that is one good way to do it, eh?

I have to go to NC next week, so will be gone from Tuesday onwards. I'll be back late Friday and in meetings the entire time I'm gone so may not be around too much. I'll try to log on in the evenings and early mornings as I can.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!! :yes:

josh.p.
29-05-2009, 11:03 AM
YAY!! Hot hot hot!! doo doo doo dooo feelin' hot hot hot!!

Great stuff, since our last BBQ got called off fom terrible weather.. we are having one tomorrow I think!

Skywatcher
29-05-2009, 12:45 PM
YAY!! Hot hot hot!! doo doo doo dooo feelin' hot hot hot!! !

:dozey:

Shellyamc
29-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Cold and raining here. Not sure what the weekend looks like. Can't get MRI done until next Thursday, so I'm stuck in this splint until then. It is very uncomfortable. :(

A blue Friday here..

josh.p.
29-05-2009, 01:02 PM
:dozey:
:slap:

Torts are going a bit nuts with the nice weather and really enjoying it. Tommy is trying to see to it that we get some more eggs soon so I've divided him from Yanni for a few days, poor girl!! :yes:

Watchinherskip
29-05-2009, 01:26 PM

Well don't put them on! That is the kiss of death! You can just about guarentee that it will soon cloud up!:yes:

MystikPiglit
29-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Shelly - :comfort:

It's warm and sunny here. Now about to waterproof-spray my lovely new sandals and handbag. :D

Dizneyblonde
29-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Sat in the garden playing with my iPod touch!
Just hoping I can find some wifi spots on holiday now to keep in touch!

Watchinherskip
29-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Sat in the garden playing with my iPod touch!
Just hoping I can find some wifi spots on holiday now to keep in touch!

Oh have a look at your counter!!! Won't be long now!:wiggle:

mumof2
29-05-2009, 05:32 PM
ahhhh, just got back from the hotel.

my other sisters daughter went too so we had a good look around the hotel (i took pictures but not on my camera) followed by a lovely girly afternoon tea in the conservatory.

The sun was/is shining, the surroundings were peaceful and lovely and the scenery beautiful. Perfect.....:yes:

tb2830
29-05-2009, 05:56 PM
well i was going to go to open surgery today as my doctor is always booked up........but i over slept which isnt good as i really needed to see her

then had work this afternoon which wasnt great as its a gorgeous day today.

im fed up of having migraines and now im constantly tired too(think im ready for the knackers yard lol)

mumof2
29-05-2009, 05:57 PM
well i was going to go to open surgery today as my doctor is always booked up........but i over slept which isnt good as i really needed to see her

then had work this afternoon which wasnt great as its a gorgeous day today.

im fed up of having migraines and now im constantly tired too(think im ready for the knackers yard lol)

oh no you're not! :hug2:

Claire
29-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Well I did put on my glasses and it stayed sunny!

Taja
29-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Ahhhhh! It's Friday!

It's been a crazy long week crammed into four short days! Not entirely sure it's worth taking a day off--although I did daily reports in the morning--for a holiday any more! :rolleyes:

Summer arrived in mid-May and appears to be hanging around. We had 14 consecutive days of 100+ degree weather, followed by a couple in the 80s, a couple more in the 90s and back into the 100s again. Did I mention a couple of days of rain? It was nice, but I'm sure new weeds are spouting as I type! And the forecast is for the monsoon season to arrive early! :mental:

Other than that, life is lovely, albeit busy.

Have a terrific weekend! :D