PDA

View Full Version : ADR}~

daveann
29-05-2009, 04:42 PM
ADR how possible is it to turn up at any of the restaurants and actually get a table?

its stupid that you have to book months in advance to get a table to eat a meal! i understand such things as fantasmic package and character meals, it seems to be getting worse each year we go.

daveann
29-05-2009, 04:44 PM
sorry lucy stepped on my laptop and managed to put a title in and post the message :lol: this dog is :mental:

Dorothy
29-05-2009, 04:53 PM
When the moon is in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligns with Mars ........... (can you tell I'm listening to old music) :lol: You might just get lucky and get a table when you show up, but I would have a Plan B

Yep, I agree that it's becoming worse and worse to get an ADR that you want when you want it.

Mari
29-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I am not sure who it will work this year, especially with the free dining plan

but last time we went(04) we WERE able to eat at some places without an ADR... however, the waiting time was pretty long, over an hour ...

daveann
29-05-2009, 05:14 PM
we have never done any dinning plans but they did ask when i was on the phone yesterday if we were dinning plan

Slowhand
30-05-2009, 10:38 AM
I hate having to plan where, and at what time we will be eating months in advance but sadly that`s the way it is at WDW nowadays thanks to all of the various dining plans etc. which are on offer. :furious:
A few years ago we always managed to get a table at almost any of the restaurants we chose so long as we didn`t mind waiting for a while, but this was before Disney messed things up!
In a way though it has done us a favour [at the expense of Disney] as we have now found some great off site restaurants where the food is as good [if not better in some cases] and certainly a darn sight less expensive!

keith
30-05-2009, 10:41 AM
I hate having to plan where, and at what time we will be eating months in advance but sadly that`s the way it is at WDW nowadays thanks to all of the various dining plans etc. which are on offer. :furious:
A few years ago we always managed to get a table at almost any of the restaurants we chose so long as we didn`t mind waiting for a while, but this was before Disney messed things up!
In a way though it has done us a favour [at the expense of Disney] as we have now found some great off site restaurants where the food is as good [if not better in some cases] and certainly a darn sight less expensive!

*completely* agree with all that! totally sums up how we feel about it.

It's harder for us to get offsite since we don't hire a car but Slowhand and his lovely wife took us to a great place and we've eaten there several times since in preference to the Disney restaurants because it's so much better (even though it's harder to get to for us)

For anyone who will have a car there I would seriously recommend only booking the absolute "must do" disney restaurants now and then have the remainder offsite

Slowhand
30-05-2009, 10:45 AM
It's harder for us to get offsite since we don't hire a car but Slowhand and his lovely wife took us to a great place and we've eaten there several times since in preference to the Disney restaurants because it's so much better (even though it's harder to get to for us)

...and since them we have found many others Keith. It`s just a great pity that our trips don`t coincide this year. :sorry: Next time eh?

keith
30-05-2009, 10:48 AM
...and since them we have found many others Keith. It`s just a great pity that our trips don`t coincide this year. :sorry: Next time eh?

Would love to meet up with you guys again! Perhaps I'll even do a cruise ;)

Slowhand
30-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Would love to meet up with you guys again! Perhaps I'll even do a cruise ;)
Same here Keith. Now I`ll definitely hold you to that! :thumbsup:

catrancher
30-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Perhaps I'll even do a cruise ;)

I heard that!

:yeahthat:

Seriously, I have to agree about the dining plans. They have definitely made it more difficult to plan your meals. We use the dining plan primarily because we've gotten it for free but that doesn't mean I wouldn't go back to the old way. I would... in an instant! :yes:

We don't eat off site simply because we have too many favorite restaurants on site that are "must do" places. Besides, we drive from home down to WDW and once I get there, it's nice to just park the car, put my brain on the front seat, and not see either one for the next week!

So... I guess as long as they keep doing a dining plan, I'll just have to suffer and get my ADR's 90 days in advance. :thumbsdown:

Tom (:macwave:... liked the old way better!)

daveann
30-05-2009, 05:43 PM
holywood brown derby was always a must do but nope we cant get in this tie at all. i really do think its time to do things diffferently with the dinning thing.
we will have a car and we love going to steakhouses cattlemans being a favorite as is charlies :)

Deb
04-06-2009, 07:56 AM
This situation is actually holding us back from booking a trip. We hate having to plan to that degree, or to stay in a hotel where we're not even guaranteed to be able to eat :thumbsdown: And as eating is a huge part of any holiday for us, then that makes a huge difference to our level of enjoyment.

I've never actually stayed on site before, and have discovered some lovely off-site restaurants. But as we're planning to stay on-site this time...well, we wouldn't want to take our car if we hired one as we enjoy a good bottle of wine with our meal, and I'm guessing the cabs would cost us quite a bit. So we'd only maybe want to eat off-site 3 or 4 times in a 10 day trip. What happens the rest of the time? :unsure:

I know the dining plans can be good value and a life saver for many, but for a place that seemed to have prided itself on it's eateries, it seems to have forgotten the point of that whole side of it.

daveann
04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
im annoyed with myself because i want to try and book some others and forgot to ask for my american reservation number so it will mean they will have to phone and get it whilst i hang on the line again which takes forever :(

minnie-me
06-06-2009, 09:14 AM
This is why DH will not stay on-site. Hates having to book in advance to eat anywhere. We stay on I-Drive (south end) & do not drive. We booked ADR's only for character breakfast & Mickeys Backyard BBQ! We were lucky to be able to walk in T-Rex & Rainforest Cafe with no wait, we booked on day for 50's Prime Time (disappointed this year as little interaction from server & felt rushed).

We love being able to jump on Lynx or I-ride & try all the great restaurants up & down I-drive (Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze, TGI Fridays, Friendleys, Tony Roma's, Sweet Tomatoes, Olive Garden, Denny's etc). Food better IMO than Disney & even better it is cheaper!

daveann
06-06-2009, 01:27 PM
the choice is alot better i agree and cheaper. we do like the magic of onsite too :)