PDA

View Full Version : disney animal kingdom lodge or wilderness lodge?

pigletpete
05-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Just asking for opinions because they both look similar apart from the locations. I've read that the animal kingdom lodge will be noisy because of work going on there and a long way from the parks but the wilderness lodge can be a bit boring?

Macl1uk
05-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge

Just asking for opinions because they both look similar apart from the locations. I've read that the animal kingdom lodge will be noisy because of work going on there and a long way from the parks but the wilderness lodge can be a bit boring?
Building work at Animal Kingdom Lodge is just about finished and no apparent disturbance to guests. There is of course the finishing off of the new Disney Vocational Club site (cannot remember the name), but that is far enough away from Animal Kingdom Lodge not to affect it at all. We had a lovely 15 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge at Easter this year and loved every minute of it, just as much as in 2004 and 2006.

:wave:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

foreverducky
05-30-2009, 09:20 PM
I love the WL and would stay there all the time if I could. I don't find it boring it all. The great lodge feeling is fabulous and makes the place feel so much like a home, even though the lobby is super vast.

*Bambi-Belle*
05-30-2009, 10:08 PM
They are both lovely hotels and both have their good points.

We adore the Wilderness Lodge and love staying there. It is soooo not boring my youngest had a blast with all the daily activities, from the duck races to the pool party there is always plenty going on. I have heard they have also started showing Disney films on a giant screen on the beach area on certain nights.

I think the best thing is the boat to the Magic Kingdom also when leaving the the Magic Kingdom at the end of a busy day the boat dock is right in front of you. Hop on the boat off again and straight to your room fabulous. The lobby is also stunning and the energetic atmosphere that resonates from the Whispering Canyon Cafe gives the resort a very laid back family feeling, also the cast members are so friendly and are a pleasure to hang with., especially Stan.

We have never stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge but have had our dinner there. It is a stunning hotel. Also it has the lovely Boma where we had a fabulous meal. Some of the authentic art work on display is just stunning. I think this hotel is Disney theming at it's best. Even if you aren't lucky enough to have a room looking out to the animals there is still plenty opportunities to see them. My boys loved the giraffes. We also had a look round the pool area which is big and in a lovely setting.

I would think either would be lovely to stay in I certainly would feel lucky.

Although for me that drive up to the wilderness Lodge under the arch and then being welcomed home fills me with pure joy and happiness lol but I'm easy pleased heeheeheehee.

Mari
06-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Well... yes, they are both similar.

they have the same type of main building, 3 floor high lobbies, and a few restaurants.

However, the location, and the feel of the resorts is completetly different.

I LOVE AKL... the resort if beautiful, the African theming is perfect, the rooms are really nice, and NOTHING can beat waking uo ti giraffes outside your window...

.. however... it is quite far from MK, so if you plan to spend most of your time at MK, and/or you are traveling with young kids who might need a mid day break, an almost 30min bus ride might be a bit too long.

And that's where WL is great!... it is so close to MK, and to the monoriel resorts, that it wont take you long to go to MK, the other resorts for character meals and even the TTC to head on to Epcot

Whiever you choose, I am sure you will love it... as for us, we could pick, so we will be spend part of our stay at WL and part at AKL :)