PDA

View Full Version : OK Quick question

lozzy
02-06-2009, 07:05 AM
I wasd driving to work last night with my sun glasses on and when I looked at the clouds you could see how fluffy and wonderfully their looked I removed my glasses and saw just a blue and white sky. If I wanted to get a photo could I get the cloud effect that I saw thought my sun glasses by putting a filter on the lens. My sun glasses havve a pink tint to them, their don't change everything pink but just enchance the nature colour of things plus block out the suns glear.

ukwdwnut
02-06-2009, 09:36 AM
sounds like you would, maybe a polarising filter not sure, something i was gonna look at next is some filters

mumof2
02-06-2009, 11:40 AM
i put my sunglasses over my camera lens once......:whistle:

ukwdwnut
02-06-2009, 11:53 AM

:lol:

you never cease to amaze me mum :lol:

mumof2
02-06-2009, 11:54 AM

Isafari
02-06-2009, 02:49 PM

....and I wasn't even surprised! :lol:

ukwdwnut
02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
....and I wasn't even surprised! :lol:

i think mums reputation precedes her now :wink: :lol:

catrancher
02-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Yep! :yes:

What you're after is a polarizing filter. They're actually like two polarized pieces of glass one in front of the other. The front one rotates so that you can control the degree of polarization. I use one all the time on my Nikon. Here's a photo I took on Castaway Cay that shows how they look.

Tom (:macwave:... I'm polarized too!)

Mari
02-06-2009, 05:16 PM

did it work???

Mari
02-06-2009, 05:18 PM

What you're after is a polarizing filter. They're actually like two polarized pieces of glass one in front of the other. The front one rotates so that you can control the degree of polarization. I use one all the time on my Nikon. Here's a photo I took on Castaway Cay that shows how they look.

that is a beautiful picture!

Britchick
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM

My mum did that once too and got a fab sunset photo that is still on the wall now

mumof2
02-06-2009, 07:10 PM
:yes: it worked!

seeee, britchicks Mum did it too :lol:

Mari
02-06-2009, 08:16 PM
:)

I have to admit to thinking about trying it... but never did

lozzy
02-06-2009, 09:04 PM

What a lovely shot, the clouds were like that last night thought my glasses but not to my eye. is that also taken with a wide angle lens or standard?

Beccaberry
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Just so mum doesn't feel all alone... :wink:

Remember the holographic glasses they gave out one year at the Osborne Spectacle of Lights? The ones that turned all the lights to angels?

I went 'round the whole of the backlot one night snapping photos through the lens of those glasses.

And I was absolutely sober.

catrancher
02-06-2009, 11:00 PM
What a lovely shot, the clouds were like that last night thought my glasses but not to my eye. is that also taken with a wide angle lens or standard?

Thanks! The clouds looking like that is the polarizing filter speaking. :thumbsup:

That was taken with my Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX. Set pretty wide according to the EXIF data associated with the picture and, of course, my somewhat limited memory!

Tom (:macwave:... does that help?)