PDA

View Full Version : beginners camera advice

mumof2
02-06-2009, 12:04 PM
My niece is almost 15 and she wants a digital SLR for her birthday.

Something that's not too expensive although i don't know what their budget is. She wants extra lenses too i think.

Any ideas?

ukwdwnut
02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
try this site (http://www.warehouseexpress.com/list/?key=beginner-digital-slr&eng=google&cmp=Cameras_-_Generic&adg=Beginner_Digital_SLR&kw=DSLR+cameras+for+beginners+E&campaign=g-Cameras_-_Generic&ms=Latitude&utm_source=Latitude_Google&utm_medium=Warehouse_Express_Cameras_and_Lenses&utm_campaign=beginner_digital_slr&utm_term=dslr+cameras+for+beginners+Exact) mum, obviously you can get them cheaper but it gives you an idea

i love my 400d got a few lenses, all in all cost me 650 i think, but thay are cheaper now with the 450d which is the latest one

keith
02-06-2009, 03:50 PM
My niece is almost 15 and she wants a digital SLR for her birthday.

Something that's not too expensive although i don't know what their budget is. She wants extra lenses too i think.

Any ideas?

honestly the answer is that any of the current dslrs you see will do more than enough and they all have a full auto mode which will allow you to just point and click till she gets used to things.

Canon v nikon v panasonic v others is all down to personal taste. The main things that's changing is the addition of video to the ranges

mumof2
02-06-2009, 04:52 PM
thank you :thumbsup:

are there any she should steer clear of?

i bought an olympus as it felt comfy but tbh i'm not 100% happy with it - but there again i haven't learnt how to use the manual settings.

the colours don't come out so well and can be a bit grainy, so i wouldn't recommend it to her!

ukwdwnut
02-06-2009, 05:33 PM
well you have seen my pix with the 400d and the cheapo kit lens :)

Britchick
02-06-2009, 06:15 PM
well you have seen my pix with the 400d and the cheapo kit lens :)

i like mine too but i don't tend to use my kit lens

ukwdwnut
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
i like mine too but i don't tend to use my kit lens

yeah know what you mean im looking at getting the 17-85IS very soon also a 50mm too, that was a great lens til i dropped in on the way out last year :( :cry2:

Britchick
02-06-2009, 06:38 PM
i was thinking of getting the IS- which one Mick?