PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for Big Girl Katelyn!!

Shellyamc
03-06-2009, 12:38 AM
She went poopie on the potty for the first time tonight!! We went to Chuck E Cheese- that was our bribe :D

She has been going pee on the potty almost every time since Saturday! She has only been wet at naps and bedtime. I guess you just have to find the "rhythm" that works with your child when it comes to potty training.

Now being the bad Mommy I am I got her princess and my little pony panties and told her that we couldn't go to Disney until she wore them all the time. Disney doesn't allow diapers on big girls ya know :whistle:

Tinker
03-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Hooray ! It's a big accomplishment ! Good Girl Princess Katelyn . Now mommy can save the money for Disney that shes saving on diapers . :mental:

kazzaqld
03-06-2009, 05:27 AM
Go Katelyn!!

You are such a big girl no wonder your Mommy's so proud of you! :hug2:

Kate
03-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Isnt it funny how one day you get excited about poo?!

Well done Katelyn, shes a very big girl now!!
We are venturing into that stage aswell!

Tink
03-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Why that's not being a bad Mommy, Mommy! Disney doesn't allow the princesses to wear diapers. :nono: :D :D

HURRAH for Katelyn!!!! :9:

Shellyamc
03-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks everyone! :hug2:

I am reading her the posts (the good job parts!) and she is soooo excited!!

SleepinCatz
03-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Wow what a wonderful Little Princess :) Great job Katelyn!!!!!

Tinkfan
03-06-2009, 02:04 PM
:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit: :yes:

Rosie0610
03-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Nice job Katelyn! That's so great! I don't know how you have the energy to potty train and take care of Marc too Shelly!

I tried bribing Brady with cookies last night. He sat on the potty for like 5 mins but didn't go. Oh well, we'll keep trying. I kept asking him if he went and he kept saying "yes" cause he really wanted the cookie but there was nothing in that potty I tell ya.

Shellyamc
03-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Nice job Katelyn! That's so great! I don't know how you have the energy to potty train and take care of Marc too Shelly!

I tried bribing Brady with cookies last night. He sat on the potty for like 5 mins but didn't go. Oh well, we'll keep trying. I kept asking him if he went and he kept saying "yes" cause he really wanted the cookie but there was nothing in that potty I tell ya.

It is hard hard hard!!! I think past times have failed because I didn't realize that I had to put way more effort into it than Katelyn does. I just have to commit even though I haven't been able to do anything else around the house since Saturday :sigh: I have the kitchen timer and we are doing 10 minutes off the potty and 5 minutes on. She can pull down her own pull ups now and get on the potty, so that makes it easier. She still pretty much goes every 10 minutes,but she is starting to jump on the potty at other times yelling 'Mommy I gotta go!" We were at Chuck E Cheese last night and I asked her if she needed to go and she said yes and went on the big potty, so I know we are making progress..

light at the end of the tunnel I tell ya..

Tink
03-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Remember, we have the best success when we reinforce (with something the child wants) the behavior we want to continue. :D So, every time she goes on the potty, she should get some sort of treat. Once she has a couple of weeks of "treat every time" and really has the behavior down pat, then you can back off to the highly effective variable ratio. That would mean that she get's reinforced with something she wants, but not every time. She won't know when the reinforcement is coming, so she keeps engaging in the wanted behavior. :yes:

Try not to make it candy, but often that is the easiest thing...

josh.p.
03-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Remember, we have the best success when we reinforce (with something the child wants) the behavior we want to continue. :D So, every time she goes on the potty, she should get some sort of treat. Once she has a couple of weeks of "treat every time" and really has the behavior down pat, then you can back off to the highly effective variable ratio. That would mean that she get's reinforced with something she wants, but not every time. She won't know when the reinforcement is coming, so she keeps engaging in the wanted behavior. :yes:

Try not to make it candy, but often that is the easiest thing...
:wtg: katelyn!!!!

I don't have a clue about potty training, but I saw on Super Nanny that she gets them to collect star-stickers that go on a chart. Once she has, say 5 stickers, then she gets a piece of candy or a toy or something. Perhaps that way will be a bit healthier than giving candy every time? :unsure:

sunsetlakes
03-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Well Done Katelyn. I bet all the princesses will be cheering to hear what a great job you are doing. :love2::flowerbounce::love2: Keep up the good work

Johnie
03-06-2009, 03:39 PM
lol I had to bribe Alysia with Chuck E Cheese too. She had her 3rd birthday party there and she wasn't always going to the potty like she should. So I told her if she wanted to have her party, she had to use the big girl potty all of the time. It worked!

Congrats to you and Katelyn!

Mari
03-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Hooray for Katelyn!!!

:penguinscarf:

Wow.. that will make your life a bit easier Shelly!... :)

Disney doesn't allow the princesses to wear diapers. :nono: :D :D

:unsure: really? oh oh.....

Dawn
03-06-2009, 04:49 PM
We did stickers with Steven. Five stickers meant he could choose a comic at the shops. He put his choice on the counter and announced to everyone he had been for a wee five times on the big toilet and punched the air in triumph. :laugh:

Britchick
03-06-2009, 04:58 PM
well done Katelyn!

although i'd rather buy diapers than go to chuck e cheeses!!

Shellyamc
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Disney doesn't allow diapers only if Mommy and Daddy don't want diapers anymore :lol:

When Katie goes on the potty she gets to flush it away in the big potty and she gets to pick something quick and fun. She can watch a video on youtube ( wiggles, mickey, something like that), or we sing a song together, stickers are huge, and I would say every few potty trips she gets to pick a treat. It really is working and even now she doesn't ask for something every time. :yes:

lisaw
03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Well done Katelyn!!

What do you get at Chuck-E-Cheese? :unsure: Is is somewhere I need an ADR for in August? :laugh:

I actually thought it was a made up place off the Simpsons or some other programme! :lol:

Britchick
03-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Well done Katelyn!!

What do you get at Chuck-E-Cheese? :unsure: Is is somewhere I need an ADR for in August? :laugh:

I actually thought it was a made up place off the Simpsons or some other programme! :lol:

mmmmmmm Colin will love it, you have to experience it Lisa :yes: