PDA

View Full Version : DS has a poorly leg....

mumof2
03-06-2009, 05:20 PM
just for a change my DS9 had a accident on Sunday afternoon.

He slipped off his bike whilst attempting stunts and his shin slid across some pointy bits on his pedal which split the skin and made it bleed lots. It was horrible and I knew it wasn't right when i could see bobbly bits inside the cut.

I got the bleeding to stop and waited a couple of hours whilst he calmed down and I kept an eye on it, then when it kept weeping every time he moved I decided a visit to the accident and emergency department was in order.

After a 3 hour wait (it was very busy) and chatting with a couple of other Mums from his year at school who were in there with their children, he had 3 injections to numb, a clean up of the area with a toothbrush (ouch!), iodine, a dozen steri strips and a big bandage we went home with instructions to be very careful as the skin is so tight across there the srips could just burst open......:unsure:

I wrapped him up in a bit of cotton wool and kept him home from school on Monday, then he went back yesterday with a warning not to play football at break - well he did but it was ok apparently as he was only in goal. :surrender:

he had sports day at the local leisure centre today and it's on again tomorrow but he wasn't allowed to take part which is a shame as he loves the running races.

The hospital nurse was a little confused to start with as she'd seen the injury on DS14 knee and thought it was him she had to treat! His wasn't quite so bad though and I'd managed to deal with his at home a few days earlier!

Boys....tut.

SleepinCatz
03-06-2009, 05:28 PM
WOWZERS!!! what a day!

lisaw
03-06-2009, 05:45 PM
A toothbrush! :eek:

Hope it heals quickly :yes:

Mari
03-06-2009, 05:50 PM
ouch! a toothbursh!

Im glad he is better

Claire
03-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Legs... gone... funny...

Britchick
03-06-2009, 06:11 PM
ouch!

mumof2
03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
imagine how i felt having to

a) stop the bleeding
b) calm him down
c) see the bobbly bits inside whilst trying not to throw up
d) watch the injections (out of the corner of my eye)
e) watch the toothbrush - actually i turned away for that bit!

foreverducky
03-06-2009, 06:24 PM
:thud: Toothbrush

somebody get the smelling salts I may faint

daveann
03-06-2009, 06:31 PM
poor little fella hope it gets better soon :)

Isafari
03-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Hope the leg heals real soon :yes:

Ursula
03-06-2009, 10:56 PM
imagine how i felt having to

a) stop the bleeding
b) calm him down
c) see the bobbly bits inside whilst trying not to throw up
d) watch the injections (out of the corner of my eye)
e) watch the toothbrush - actually i turned away for that bit!

ooh god :(:hug2:

Tinkfan
03-06-2009, 11:13 PM
:sorry: BOYS!!!! Hope he feels better!! What happened to #1 DS? I must have missed it? We used to spend almost every week-end in emergency until ours grew up!!! Ty has been home all week again with what we thought was just an upper resp. infection :thumbsdown: then they tested him for swine flu today. He has to wait for the results on Tuesday or be free of fever and symptoms for at least 48 hours. :sorry: I really don't think it's swine flu, Ty has horrible allergies and asthma, he goes into pneumonia easily. They really have gone a little crazy with this flu bug!!

Tink
04-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Oh gosh. :( Put the poor little guy on a plane and send him straight away to Auntie Tink's. :yes: I'll plop him in a wheelchair and push him 'round Disney for a couple of weeks. Once the wound has healed we'll send him back. :yes: :D :D

Seriously, I hope he heals fast. Sounds terribly painful. :( :hug2: (For Mum and the boy)! :yes:

Tinker
04-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Yikes ! I felt your pain just reading your post . Hope your DS heals quickly . :hug2: & :pdust::pdust:

Dawn
04-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Ouch!

mumof2
04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks everyone! :hug2:

boys indeed - if you'd seen him playing football in the park after sports day yesterday you'd think there was nothing wrong with him. good job i'd redress it and padded it out, i just knew he wouldn't stop doing all the normal things!

Tinkfan, hope your DS is better soon. Remember Mum was ill a few weeks back? We had the doctor asking whether she'd been to Mexico or America! perhaps your son has a similar thing to what Mum had, a flu like virus, she has repitory problems as well.

DS14 hurt his knee by firstly falling off his bike when he slid round the corner and the chain fell off. That was nasty - took a big chuink of skin out and lots of blood, then once it started to heal he fell off his motor bike out in the back yard and opened up the wound again. Arrrrgh!

Tink, his Mummy would have to travel with him as he's too young to go by himself, and Jamie would would feel left out so I'd have to bring him too - and then we couldn't really leave DH here all alone so I guess we'd have to bring him along as well in which case if i were you I'd lock all the doors and windows!

Tinkfan
04-06-2009, 11:21 AM
:hug2: You have had your hands full Mum!!It's always something isn't it?!:yes: Hopefully they both will be as good as new soon, but I don't think boys slow down long enough for anything to heal properly. You could always bring them here to recoup with Ty!! Of course then we would have 3 in the ER!! Where's the Doctor!!! Good thing I'm a nurse!

mumof2
04-06-2009, 01:58 PM
:hug2: You have had your hands full Mum!!It's always something isn't it?!:yes: Hopefully they both will be as good as new soon, but I don't think boys slow down long enough for anything to heal properly. You could always bring them here to recoup with Ty!! Of course then we would have 3 in the ER!! Where's the Doctor!!! Good thing I'm a nurse!

oh are you? well that's lucky then - how 'bout you and Ty come on down to Tinks with us......if she lets us in!

Tinkfan
04-06-2009, 02:11 PM
:taunt: Tink, How about it? Can we all come and play? We promise to be good :yes: We'll even do the dishes!!!

Taja
05-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Ouch!

Hope he--and you!--recovers soon! :hug2:

mumof2
05-06-2009, 04:04 PM
blimey - he's fine, thanks. you wouldn't think anything had happened. The boy just can't sit still! It should be ok now fingers crossed - it's somehow managed to stay together since Sunday evening :yes: