PDA

View Full Version : Mum and Dad are loving Tampa!

Dizneyblonde
04-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Had a text to say that they had been to Busch Gardens and that they had got very wet on a water ride.

Today's text says that they have just seen Sharmu (wasn't aware that SW had a new whale but i know what she means bless her - must be the heat!)

All the years i've been trying to persuade them to come with us and now they are King and Queen of the theme parks!

Only 9 weeks and it's our turn :wiggle:

lisaw
04-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Glad they are having a good time - perhaps they will go with you another time now :yes:

Dizneyblonde
04-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I wish they would ring so i can direct them to the Tiffany shop at the Tampa mall to get me my bracelet!
The only other store is at Mall of Millenia and we can't get there!

Isafari
04-06-2009, 09:01 PM
So pleased they are having fun :thumbsup:

lisaw
04-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I wish they would ring so i can direct them to the Tiffany shop at the Tampa mall to get me my bracelet!

We are going to Mall at Millennia in our first week - if you need me to I can get it for you and give it to you when we see you :yes:

Dizneyblonde
04-06-2009, 09:14 PM
We are going to Mall at Millennia in our first week - if you need me to I can get it for you and give it to you when we see you :yes:

Oh my!Thank you Lisa.Just put it on Colin's card :lol:

Do you know how much we are talking about hun?Exchange rate is so good i decided to treat myself.Will discuss it with you :hug2:

lisaw
04-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Might get myself one as well :lol:

Dizneyblonde
04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll put in a link.

Dizneyblonde
04-06-2009, 09:23 PM
This is the one i want
Tiffany & Co. | Item | Return to Tiffany? heart tag charm bracelet in sterling silver. | United States (http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP01430&mcat=&cid=288158&search_params=s+5-p+7-c+288158-r+101287458-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+)

lisaw
04-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I shouldn't have looked but I did :rolleyes:

I love the silver bracelet with the tiffany box charm :mental:

You know I said I wouldn't be buying much this year ... :lol:

lisaw
04-06-2009, 09:24 PM
It's really not a problem for me to get it for you :yes:

lisaw
04-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Well as long as you give me the money back - I know it's your big birthday and all that ... but even still :lol:

Dizneyblonde
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
OMG Lisa if i don't get Mum and Dad to go that would be lovely.:hug2:
Not sure how far Mall of Millenia is from I-Drive.I did consider getting a taxi but not sure where from.

Have wanted one forever and i think i deserve it :lol:
They are 210 on the UK site.Might have to change some more $ now!

lisaw
04-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure how far it is because we went from the Florida Mall to MaM last time.

Hopefully my new mobile will work out there so I can let you know when I get it - we never normally bother with mobiles but as we are splitting up a couple of times we can take mine and Daniels.

As I have earnt a wage for the last few months I think I will be treating myself as well - I always thought Tiffany was a lot more expensive than that. :yes:

Dizneyblonde
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Lisa you have brought a tear to my eye with your kindness.
I was gutted to find the only Tiffany store near to us was MoM.Thank you.X

lisaw
04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
:hug2:

Mari
04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
glad they are having a good time!

the bracelet is lovely!

ukwdwnut
05-06-2009, 08:20 AM
glad they are having a good time teresa....why didnt they go with you???

Britchick
05-06-2009, 08:22 AM

thought someone else was buying you that:tongue:

Tink
05-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Teresa, Mall of Millenia isn't far from I drive at all. As a matter of fact, there is a back way in, if the cabbie has a brain. :wink:

You could easily take a cab from the "upper" end (toward the Rosen hotels, closer to Sand Lake) of I drive for not too much.

Where on I-Drive are you staying? I can run a google map to give you some idea of the miles/distance, etc. Might give you a good place to get a cab, that sort of thing. :yes:

By the way, you absolutely do deserve a nice treat and I'm so very happy that you are getting the bracelet for yourself!!! It's wonderful to see a woman who understands her value and has the self esteem to reward herself! :hug2: You've been through quite a bit, Teresa, and I don't mean just the recent operation. :hug2: So enjoy that bracelet! :yes:

uscwest
05-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Glad to hear your mum and dad are having a good time Teresa. 66 days before you go isn't long at all. It will be here before you know it. Too bad we aren't going back til October. Would love to see you and the children again.

Dizneyblonde
05-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Glad to hear your mum and dad are having a good time Teresa. 66 days before you go isn't long at all. It will be here before you know it. Too bad we aren't going back til October. Would love to see you and the children again.

Aww John it would be so good to see you again too.

As i've said you can stay here anytime!

Dizneyblonde
05-06-2009, 12:58 PM
glad they are having a good time teresa....why didnt they go with you???

LOL they wouldn't keep up with the pace!

Dad won the use of the condo in Tampa in an auction.It's not somewhere they would have considered otherwise.Might be different now though!

Dizneyblonde
05-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Teresa, Mall of Millenia isn't far from I drive at all. As a matter of fact, there is a back way in, if the cabbie has a brain. :wink:

You could easily take a cab from the "upper" end (toward the Rosen hotels, closer to Sand Lake) of I drive for not too much.

Where on I-Drive are you staying? I can run a google map to give you some idea of the miles/distance, etc. Might give you a good place to get a cab, that sort of thing. :yes:

By the way, you absolutely do deserve a nice treat and I'm so very happy that you are getting the bracelet for yourself!!! It's wonderful to see a woman who understands her value and has the self esteem to reward herself! :hug2: You've been through quite a bit, Teresa, and I don't mean just the recent operation. :hug2: So enjoy that bracelet! :yes:

Thank you Tink :hug2:

I must look at my map and see where it is.

If it's not far from I-Drive i wonder how much a cab would be from Prime.We are having a shopping day and we could go to MoM and Tiffany's from there if it isn't too expensive.

Does that sound like a plan?

Dizneyblonde
05-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Just had a picture text from Mum.

They are teasing me now!

Mum is stood next to the globe at the entrance to Universal Studios :sigh::cry2:

I wanna go nowwwwwwwwwww :biggrin:

Jodie
05-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Just had a picture text from Mum.

They are teasing me now!

Mum is stood next to the globe at the entrance to Universal Studios :sigh::cry2:

I wanna go nowwwwwwwwwww :biggrin:

There's enjoying themselves and downright bragging! They are teasing you soooo bad!

MoM should be less than 10mins from Prime (I think) I remember been very shocked it was so close when we came away from Universal down to I-drive. We meant to go the direct way but got lost then there was MoM then I-Drive almost straight away. Anyway, you gotta go, they have Cheesecake!

Dizneyblonde
05-06-2009, 04:25 PM
There's enjoying themselves and downright bragging! They are teasing you soooo bad!

MoM should be less than 10mins from Prime (I think) I remember been very shocked it was so close when we came away from Universal down to I-drive. We meant to go the direct way but got lost then there was MoM then I-Drive almost straight away. Anyway, you gotta go, they have Cheesecake!

The cheesecake sold it to me!
I should think we will be able to get a taxi from Prime to MoM without too much trouble.I'm surprised the trolley bus doesn't go there yet!

ukwdwnut
05-06-2009, 04:33 PM
LOL they wouldn't keep up with the pace!

Dad won the use of the condo in Tampa in an auction.It's not somewhere they would have considered otherwise.Might be different now though!

then dont go a mental as you do and slow down a bit :)

Dizneyblonde
05-06-2009, 04:36 PM
They still wouldn't do all the parks and meals etc!

Doubt they have done many rides either!

Hope they might come with us one day though.

ukwdwnut
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
They still wouldn't do all the parks and meals etc!

Doubt they have done many rides either!

Hope they might come with us one day though.

thats what i mean by dont do all that just do a lazy one, take you time trip and dont rip round everywhere at breakneck speed like you did at AT with us you were just off and running :lol:

Dizneyblonde
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
If i've paid 5000 for a holiday i'm cramming in as much as i can!

Isafari
05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
If i've paid 5000 for a holiday i'm cramming in as much as i can!

:yes: too right :lol:

ukwdwnut
05-06-2009, 04:59 PM
so if you not prepared to slow down a bit so mum and dad can go with you, and you think they wont keep up how you gonna work that one then?

Dizneyblonde
05-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Keep going on my own! :lol:

Britchick
05-06-2009, 05:44 PM
do you know i actually agree with Nut! although i rush around in the morning- have lunch and then siesta, otherwise there's a melt down:unsure:

Dizneyblonde
05-06-2009, 06:36 PM
We have our down time too!

We have lots or water park and pool pool days this time.

Oh and shopping time :biggrin:

Dizneyblonde
05-06-2009, 06:36 PM
And we won't be up at the crack of dawn every day to make an early ADR!

lisaw
05-06-2009, 07:23 PM
And we won't be up at the crack of dawn every day to make an early ADR!

Unlike us! :laugh:

Taja
05-06-2009, 11:30 PM
I shouldn't have looked but I did :rolleyes:

I love the silver bracelet with the tiffany box charm :mental:

You know I said I wouldn't be buying much this year ... :lol:

That's just one item--doesn't qualify as "much"! :wink:

Just trying to help! :lol:

lisaw
06-06-2009, 07:33 AM
That's just one item--doesn't qualify as "much"! :wink:

Just trying to help! :lol:

I like your thinking Taja! :thumbsup:

I will change what I said to 'I'm not going to buy so many things this year' :lol:

Dizneyblonde
06-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Even if i only buy half as much as last time i will still be buying far too much!

ukwdwnut
06-06-2009, 05:30 PM
do you know i actually agree with Nut! although i rush around in the morning- have lunch and then siesta, otherwise there's a melt down:unsure:

flippin eck am i reading this right :wink:

even tho it costs us 5500 last time there is no way im gonna rip round a park at breakneck speed we fit in loads of stuff have 4 WP days too and have a great time, do all the malls etc imho its a holiday not a race :wink: :lol:

Dizneyblonde
06-06-2009, 05:37 PM
That's what we do too so why is mine any different?

WE get there for opening and do as much as possible before it gets too hot and crowded then take it easy in the afternoon.
Every other day is water parks or shopping or a pool day.

Dizneyblonde
07-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Mum phoned yesterday and they are having a fab time.

They stayed in Kissimee over night Thursday and did Seaworld Thursday and US/IOA Friday.

They loved all the parks and Dad did most of the rides including Mummy.Mum wasn't quite so brave and Simpsons and Spiderman were her limit.
Dad did the other rides with the lady of the couple (neighbours) that they went with and loved Men in Black.They gave the big coasters a miss though.

They loved Shamu but decided Manta looked way to scary!

Hopefully Dad has taken lots of photos of Manta and Rip Ride Rockit.

They loved Busch Gardens too and will be returning there in their second week.

We are off shopping in a bit but we are ringing them at 2pm at the condo before they go off out for the day.

Isafari
07-06-2009, 10:23 AM
sounds like they are having so much fun......they may even go back in the future :yes:

Dizneyblonde
12-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Have spoken to Mum and Dad again tonight and they have had another great week.
They have been to KSC,Wet 'n' Wild and Aquatica(can't believe they have been there before us!)
Today they went to a huge outlet mall in Tampa.
I tried to phone them earlier but got a message to say they were still down by the pool!
They are hoping to catch the shuttle launch in the morning before they head for the airport and home.
I can't wait to see them and hear all about their trip.

Isafari
13-06-2009, 09:42 AM
They've certainly had a great trip. I reckon they've enjoyed themselves more than they ever imagined they would. :yes:

Dizneyblonde
13-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Oh they have Diane but say they don't want to go again as it was just too much to be on the go every day.
They are both very tired and are looking forward to getting home for a rest!

Dizneyblonde
13-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Oh no have just found out that today's shuttle launch has been cancelled so they won't be able to see it now before they come home.