PDA

View Full Version : interesting local election results

Britchick
05-06-2009, 01:44 PM
looks like a conservative white wash, i feel a little sorry for the councillors who have been ousted because of bad feeling about MPs. I wonder what the effect on local services will be.

the local person i voted on (an independent) missed a seat by 16 votes which is a bit of a shame.

Ursula
05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Doesn't matter who's in, they ALL get their snouts in the trough, it's just that the Labour party got caught. The Tories were just as bad when they were in.

Mags
05-06-2009, 03:55 PM
We are a real mixed bag of voters in our house.I thought that none of mine had voted, but as it turns out, two of them have. We all voted in different ways, so thank goodness for the process of independent thought. I still think they are misguided!! :slap:Im glad they voted though, because we fought long and hard to win the vote and I for one will always use my vote.
I know that many have had their dirty little hands in the public purse and didnt want any of us to know, but at least the expose means that they have had their backsides lashed. I tried to use my vote wisely but goodness knows whether the people I voted for are any less grubby than those exposed.

Margaret

Jodie
05-06-2009, 04:14 PM
We only had the European elections yesterday, We did vote for a smaller party who we couldn't find any obvious dirt on and had decent policies. Probably somewhat naive as it's likely they've covered their tracks better than most.

ukwdwnut
05-06-2009, 05:08 PM
the ones that got caught fiddlin and the ones who resigned before they did should be preosecuted for fraud, if it were joe bloggs in the street they would be so whats different about an mp