View Full Version : what are your views on this laptop?

07-06-2009, 12:27 PM
i was thinking of buying myself a laptop . What do you think of this (http://www.friday-ad.co.uk/adref/YI9188H74/Editions/K|Worthing|G,F,B,R,S,1H,1J/SArea/Local/Web/FullAdDetails.asp)
thanks for any advice

07-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't pay that price for it to be honest. Looks like a cheaply made one.

07-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't know much about what is good or not in the way of makes, Questions that first came to mind is how much would you be using the laptop?
I have got a laptop that I use if I am only going be on it for a short time but I use my main computer if I am going to spend a long time (which is most days :yes:) The reason for this is I have had to replace a laptop in the past that I over used. I don't think they are meant for long periods of use, I may be wrong and I'm sure Mick(ukwdwnut) will be a good one to answer that for you

07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
never heard of clevo but mesh advertise in all the computer mags....processor wise its very old by todays standards only 64mb graphics mem so gonna be pretty slow too ive bought core2duo toshibas for less than 400 quid lately for the school

07-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Definitely not an expert, but from what I've researched, the Pentium processor really isn't ideal for a laptop. It runs too hot. You want a processor that was developed for use in a laptop.

I'd also recommend at 2GB RAM, rather than one. With Windows, you'll end up with an hourglass and pokey processing if using anything less than 2GB.

And a 40GB hard drive? It won't hold much, particularly if you're planning to download audio/video files. My laptop is over four years old and it has 160GB hard drive and CD/DVD read/write functions. Newer ones tend to be a bit larger.

08-06-2009, 10:57 AM
thanks everyone, i'll pass your info on to him if he doesn't get back on here soon! :thumbsup: