PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha

Isafari
04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Do you get dragged on stage at the Spirit of Aloha?
I love audience participation as long as it doesn't involve me :eek:

MinnieMouse
04-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Do you get dragged on stage at the Spirit of Aloha?
I love audience participation as long as it doesn't involve me :eek:

Dont worry they dont drag you on stage. They ask if anyone is celebrating something special such as anniversaries, honeymoon, birthdays etc. You can participate but they dont force you.

A fun part of the show is when they ask people to go up on stage and learn hawaiian dancing. The children really enjoy this and they run up to participate.

It is a good and entertaining show. :smiley4:

Isafari
04-07-2008, 11:07 PM
I won't tell them we will be celebrating our anniversary then :lol:
Did you notice any tables for two when you were there?

MinnieMouse
04-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Yes there are tables for two. We have been on a table for two at the front,middle and near the back. You can see the show from wherever you are sitting.

The show is good and the poly is a lovely hotel. :smiley5:

Isafari
04-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes there are tables for two. We have been on a table for two at the front,middle and near the back. You can see the show from wherever you are sitting.

The show is good and the poly is a lovely hotel. :smiley5:

Great...looking forward to it. Never been to the Poly before either. Thanks for the quick response...I need to book tomorrow.

MinnieMouse
04-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Great...looking forward to it. Never been to the Poly before either. Thanks for the quick response...I need to book tomorrow.

You are very welcome :smiley3:

Isafari
05-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Just booked and got category one at the 8pm show. Looking forward to it :D

keith
05-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Just booked and got category one at the 8pm show. Looking forward to it :D

oooo well done!!!!!! we have it booked for December as well. It's a really fun and relaxed evening and totally in keeping with the whole polynesian styling :)

(and yep, no problem with audience participation at this one.. you'll be fine :) :sigs-tv-010:

MinnieMouse
05-07-2008, 12:07 PM
thats fab !!!! you will have a great time :smiley5:

Tink
05-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Do you mind my asking how much it is now to attend the Luau? It's been so long since I've checked I don't really know anymore. :sorry:

Isafari
05-07-2008, 12:26 PM
oooo well done!!!!!! we have it booked for December as well. It's a really fun and relaxed evening and totally in keeping with the whole polynesian styling :)

(and yep, no problem with audience participation at this one.. you'll be fine :) :sigs-tv-010:

We have booked for January 1st. Thanks for putting my mind at rest about the audience participation Keith.

thats fab !!!! you will have a great time :smiley5:

Thanks.....I'm sure I'm going to love it. The guy I spoke to on the phone said there were no characters here which I thought there was but, I will still enjoy!

Do you mind my asking how much it is now to attend the Luau? It's been so long since I've checked I don't really know anymore. :sorry:

For category one seating, it was $123.98 including tax for two adults.

Tink
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh! Well that's not dreadful! Does that include alcoholic drinks too? Surely not?

keith
05-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh! Well that's not dreadful! Does that include alcoholic drinks too? Surely not?

It does indeed although pinning your server down to ask for more can be problematic :lol:

Tink
05-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh! Lololol!

keith
05-07-2008, 01:01 PM
We have booked for January 1st. Thanks for putting my mind at rest about the audience participation Keith.

what a FANTASTIC way to start the new year!!!!!!!!

Hey have you posted your itinerary anywhere :dozey: because it sounds like youve got such great things planned

Tink
05-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh, that would be great Isafari! Your holiday trip does sound really nice! :yes:

Isafari
05-07-2008, 01:24 PM
what a FANTASTIC way to start the new year!!!!!!!!

Hey have you posted your itinerary anywhere :dozey: because it sounds like youve got such great things planned

Erm......no.....have you :4:

keith
05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Erm......no.....have you :4:

ah Touché indeed :lol:

Wendy
05-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Is it really worth seeing, I've always shied away from it because we've saw one in Hawaii and I'm worried I'll compare the two.

keith
05-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Is it really worth seeing, I've always shied away from it because we've saw one in Hawaii and I'm worried I'll compare the two.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think Disney have worked hard to avoid the comparison by Disney'ing it up a bit :) the seaworld luau was more authentic than the disney one IMHO.

Worth seeing... well it's not an absolutely must do every trip, but its a fun way to spend a relaxing evening

MinnieMouse
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I went to the one at seaworld quite a few years ago and although it was good I preferred the poly spirit of aloha. :):)

Wendy
05-07-2008, 09:27 PM
We might give it a go, although I'm probably too late for an ADR now, I might look at the itinerary and see if we can fit it in.

Tink
06-07-2008, 12:48 AM
We've been to the one at Seaworld. (Free tickets). We enjoyed it for the most part. Food wasn't that great and we weren't thrilled at sharing our table (but we're shy and withdrawn like that).

It's nice to know that you preferred the Polynesian Luau. :yes:

keith
06-07-2008, 01:13 AM
We've been to the one at Seaworld. (Free tickets). We enjoyed it for the most part. Food wasn't that great and we weren't thrilled at sharing our table (but we're shy and withdrawn like that).

ahhhh yes, tis a good point indeed that Tink. The tables at the Seaworld one are all long with many people so it's a very social experience (although once the show gets going, most people are too wrapped up to natter much).

Still though, it's a good pint, we didn't much like being on one long table with loads of others who we didnt know