PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk evening meal - any recommendations?

MystikPiglit
09-06-2009, 01:50 PM
We've never been to the Boardwalk at night so we are going there this time.
We'd like to have a meal whilst we are there, :dine: so would you recommend anywhere? Preferably steak or fish based.
Thank you. :wiggle:

Isafari
09-06-2009, 02:50 PM
We've been to the BW quite often but never eaten there (apart from a gooey pastry from the bakery) I'm interested in Big River Grille & Brewing Works. Started a thread on it yesterday but no one seems to be able to help yet.

Sorry I can't help....maybe I should have just kept quiet! :lol:

MystikPiglit
09-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm interested in Big River Grille & Brewing Works. Started a thread on it yesterday but no one seems to be able to help yet.
Sorry I can't help....maybe I should have just kept quiet! :lol:

No, do feel free to join me here. :D

And I'll check your thread too. :thumbsup:

Slowhand
09-06-2009, 03:19 PM
A "must do" restaurant for us on the Boardwalk is the Flying Fish.
You will need to make an ADR though as this is a very popular place.
Another recommended [although a bit pricey] place to have dinner is the Blue Zoo at the Swan...or is it the Dolphin? :lol:, anyhow it`s excellent!

MystikPiglit
09-06-2009, 03:22 PM
A "must do" restaurant for us on the Boardwalk is the Flying Fish.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

I will show DH the menu and then, hopefully, add it to my ADR list.

Isafari
09-06-2009, 06:33 PM
A "must do" restaurant for us on the Boardwalk is the Flying Fish!

I don't like fish....will that be a problem :unsure:

uscwest
09-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't like fish....will that be a problem :unsure:Flying Fish and NO it won't be a problem. My DW doesn't like fish either. Does Dave do fish?

Isafari
09-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Flying Fish and NO it won't be a problem. My DW doesn't like fish either. Does Dave do fish?

only battered cod from the chippie!

Slowhand
10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
I normally prefer meat to fish Diane but I tend to make an exception at the FF as I really enjoy their signature dish which is fish cooked in a batter with a sauce.
Having said that they also do a pretty mean New York strip steak among other non fishy dishes.

Watchinherskip
10-06-2009, 07:04 PM
There is that steak place in the Beach Club I think. Isafari, not a fan at all of the Big River...least favorite place at WDW. We liked ESPN zone for bar type food. We are big sports fans so that makes sense. I would just consider going into the World Showcase for a nice meal rather than the Boardwalk area. I guess Spoodles is closing right? Never ate at FF, but looks to be a nice place.

uscwest
10-06-2009, 07:06 PM
There is that steak place in the Beach Club I think. Isafari, not a fan at all of the Big River...least favorite place at WDW. We liked ESPN zone for bar type food. We are big sports fans so that makes sense. I would just consider going into the World Showcase for a nice meal rather than the Boardwalk area. I guess Spoodles is closing right? Never ate at FF, but looks to be a nice place.The steak place is in the Yacht Club. Hence the name, Yachtsman Steakhouse.

MystikPiglit
12-06-2009, 03:24 PM
So is the general opinion that maybe it would be better to eat elsewhere, such as Yachtsman, and then just go to Boardwalk for a stroll around?

Slowhand
12-06-2009, 03:35 PM
So is the general opinion that maybe it would be better to eat elsewhere, such as Yachtsman, and then just go to Boardwalk for a stroll around?
Not at all. There are loads of places to eat in the Boardwalk area including several resorts which are situated around the lake...YC, BC and the Swan/Dolphin.
Having said that it is nice to just stroll around the place taking in the street entertainers and watching the fireworks at Epcot, albeit from a restricted viewing spot.

MystikPiglit
12-06-2009, 03:40 PM
watching the fireworks at Epcot, albeit from a restricted viewing spot.

I wondered if the fireworks could be seen from there.

Had a look at FF menu, sounds good. :thumbsup: :-)

Is Spoodles closing?

Slowhand
12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
I wondered if the fireworks could be seen from there.

Had a look at FF menu, sounds good. :thumbsup: :-)

Is Spoodles closing?

You can view the fireworks from the bridge over the canal which takes the ferry boats from the Boardwalk resort area to Epcot.
As I said it`s not as good a view as if you were in the park but you`ll still be able to see some of the action.
I heard somewhere that Spoodles is closing [or has closed!], to be replaced by another eatery who`s name escapes me!

MystikPiglit
12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Thank you. Definitely adding FF to the list. :yes: