PDA

View Full Version : DW would like a new bag with iphone pocket...

keith
06-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I've been told to ask the shopping experts here. DW is about to get a new iphone and her current thousands of bags apparently don't have a phone compartment large enough for the iphone.

Any of you bag experts any ideas?

josh.p.
06-13-2009, 10:21 PM
If she is having trouble my pocket is big enough for a new iPhone LOL

mainecoon lover
06-14-2009, 08:14 AM
most Kipling bags have two size pockets on the inside. The larger one should be big enough for the I phone.

catrancher
06-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Just get her the free Ralph Lauren application! :yes:

Here's the iTunes store URL (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=294067387).

Then she can examine the Ricky bag (whatever that is) on her phone in exquisite detail.

Maybe she'll settle for that and you'll be off the hook! :laugh2:

Tom (:macwave:... who hasn't a clue what a Ricky bag is!)

mainecoon lover
06-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I checked dh I Phone in my Kipling bag and it went in the pocket easily :thumbsup:

Britchick
06-14-2009, 12:47 PM
i have a fossil bag that has one big enough- lovely bags:thumbsup:

Mari
06-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Coach bags have to inside pockets, I use the large one for my iphone and the small one for my ipod nano... perfect size :)

Claire
06-15-2009, 06:39 PM
The Mulberry Bayswater has two pockets that are wide enough for an iPhone but aren't very deep. The only slight risk is the iPhone may fall into the bag itself.

keith
06-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll pass on the information :yes:

Debbie2
06-16-2009, 06:50 AM
The Mulberry Bayswater has two pockets that are wide enough for an iPhone but aren't very deep. The only slight risk is the iPhone may fall into the bag itself.

That was going to be my suggestion...just checked mine.

It's gonna cost you Keith if she goes for that one :)

Also agree with Michelle - Kiplings would do the job too (and much cheaper)

keith
06-16-2009, 10:26 AM
That was going to be my suggestion...just checked mine.

It's gonna cost you Keith if she goes for that one :)

Also agree with Michelle - Kiplings would do the job too (and much cheaper)

Like I have any kind of a say in the matter :lol:

Tink
06-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Ummmmm, I just toss mine (well, not an iPhone, but a smartphone, and a second mobile- a Samsung) in a little camera case that I bought for the purpose of carrying both phones. The larger smartphone fits in one zippered pocket and the smaller personal mobile fits in the smaller zippered pocket. I then use the clip to attach the whole thing to whatever work bag I have, or my belt loop. :unsure:

I think the whole thing cost about $8? :unsure:

Probably not helpful info, hey Keith? :spring:

Disneybumble
06-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Also most Radley bags have a couple of inner zipped pockets.

Debbie2
06-17-2009, 08:03 AM
methinks DW just wants a new bag...I have tried that excuse before :)

keith
06-17-2009, 08:33 AM

yeah, I did suggest a nice iphone case so she could just throw it in any bag and I got a cold stare

so yep, I suspect you're right :lol:

Deb
06-17-2009, 08:50 AM

Hi Debbie

I notice you're from Liverpool...have you been to the Mulberry outlet in Ellesmere Port outlet centre??? The reductions are amazing! I got a little carried away there in March.....:unsure:

Maybe a trip there Keith...she could get 3 bags for the price of one...won't save you any money but you'd get more for it :D

keith
06-17-2009, 08:52 AM
:cry2:

Debbie2
06-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi Debbie

I notice you're from Liverpool...have you been to the Mulberry outlet in Ellesmere Port outlet centre??? The reductions are amazing! I got a little carried away there in March.....:unsure:

Maybe a trip there Keith...she could get 3 bags for the price of one...won't save you any money but you'd get more for it :D

Oh yes...a few times :worship:. Last time saw my Christmas present 200 less than what it cost at Hoopers in Wilmslow. It was slightly different, no postmans lock, floor studs and lining different but other than that it was the same. Despite dropping loads of hints DH not offered to buy me anything in there (want a Messenger Bag next) but Ilive in hope that eventually, as usual,I will grind him into submission :beg:

keith
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
This is the Cheshire oaks place that I fear and dread yep?

Deb
06-17-2009, 11:36 AM
This is the Cheshire oaks place that I fear and dread yep?

The very one :yes:

However, if you Have to buy a bag that's the place to go. It'll cost you less than in another shop!

Debbie, I am scared to say on here what I bought there. Claire however has approved my purchases so that's ok :D

Debbie2
06-17-2009, 11:48 AM

However, if you Have to buy a bag that's the place to go. It'll cost you less than in another shop!

Debbie, I am scared to say on here what I bought there. Claire however has approved my purchases so that's ok :D

Oh come on 'fess up...it's good for the soul to share - and I'm dying to know.

I'm just about to put about a dozen Radleys on EBAY - never done it before..waiting for my nephew to come and show me how to do it. Guess what I'm spending the money on :yes:

Mari
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
so what did she end up getting Keith?

keith
06-17-2009, 10:06 PM
so what did she end up getting Keith?

She hasn't yet!

I like the Fossil one honest :lol: but she's leaning towards the Mulberry Bayswater (thank's for that one ladies :argue: )

Mari
06-17-2009, 10:09 PM
oh!! I thought she would be buying it in Orlando...

so.. Mulberry huh?? good luck!! hahaha

keith
06-17-2009, 10:23 PM
oh!! I thought she would be buying it in Orlando...

so.. Mulberry huh?? good luck!! hahaha

Well I pointed out the Fossil one in Orlando and she was thinking about it, but then all the Mulberry talk has got her looking at the website and now I guess I'm sunk :lol:

Deb
06-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Ooops, sorry Keith :unsure:

But I have to say, I like your wife :thumbsup: :D

And if you're going to :surrender: and you are anywhere near Cheshire Oaks it is worth it for your wallet going to the Mulberry outlet, unless she is not flexible at all on her colour. I got a soft pink east west Bayswater for a substantial saving - and I mean substantial. Which meant I could get two more bags there for the price of what I would have spent on one! It's a win-win, you get a bargain, she gets lots of bags, everyone's happy! :thumbsup:

mainecoon lover
06-18-2009, 10:39 AM
I must make Nigel read this thread as Kipling are so much cheaper and then perhaps he will stop moaning at the cost of them :)

PsychoAlice
06-18-2009, 11:11 AM
My Coach bag hold my Fuze..and I think the fuze is a little thicker than the iPhone

Britchick
06-18-2009, 11:50 AM
She hasn't yet!

I like the Fossil one honest :lol: but she's leaning towards the Mulberry Bayswater (thank's for that one ladies :argue: )

good taste!

actually keith, with all your gadgets i have little sympathy that Helen is buying an expensive bag :tongue: :lol:

i need a case for my iphone but haven't seen any i like yet

Claire
06-18-2009, 01:41 PM

My work here is done.

Claire
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM

:yes: The girl done good!

Debbie2
06-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Well I pointed out the Fossil one in Orlando and she was thinking about it, but then all the Mulberry talk has got her looking at the website and now I guess I'm sunk :lol:

Fossil are nice - they have a store in the Trafford Centre BUT Mulberry are a whole different league. It's not just a bag.....it's an investment. I love my Bayswater it is a tardis.....carries everything. DH says it's like Mary Poppins bag :) Selfridges at the Trafford Centre have a great selection but I had to scour the country for mylimited edition colour and found one in Wilmslow :)

Mari
06-18-2009, 04:00 PM

:yes:

Mari
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
BTW.... I want one...I should have NEVER looked at the website :(

Of course it costs the same as our September vacation... hahahahaha

Debbie2
06-18-2009, 04:04 PM
And Mulberry are a British so you are also helping your fellow countrymen to stay in employment at this difficult time....

keith
06-18-2009, 10:35 PM
It's not just a bag... it's an investment?

ok I've truly heard absolutely everything now :lol:

Debbie you're REALLY good, my hat is off to you :worship:

Mari
06-19-2009, 03:33 PM
hahahaha I agree.. an investment????

Debbie2
06-19-2009, 05:19 PM
It's not just a bag... it's an investment?

ok I've truly heard absolutely everything now :lol:

Debbie you're REALLY good, my hat is off to you :worship:

:yes: yes pretty pathetic excuse, but it worked on the hubby..I got it didn't I :thumbsup:

Claire
06-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Second-hand Bayswaters are selling on e-bay for not much less than they cost new so if your DW tires of hers you know you will get something back Keith. :yes:

Debbie2
06-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Another mighty fine argument 'for' the Mulberry :thumbs: Although I doubt she would ever part with it..mine is for life :)

I'm very suspicious of all the Mulberry's on EBAY - I would never buy something that expensive off there, at practically full price I would rather go to the store. Part of the fun is actually buying it and coming out the store with that carrier bag ;)

Claire
06-19-2009, 05:35 PM
I think after they had that monster fine from Louis Vuitton they're much hotter on fakes tbh Debbie.

I buy mine from the Mulberry website as I love the huge magnetic closing box they use to send their bags through the post.

keith
06-20-2009, 12:01 PM
:yes: yes pretty pathetic excuse, but it worked on the hubby..I got it didn't I :thumbsup:

Not pathetic at all! I'm impressed by the ingenuity! :yes: