PDA

View Full Version : Josh - I saw this and thought of you

Skywatcher
06-15-2009, 08:04 PM
One of my passions before I gotinto the parks was collecting animation art - I loved the original stuff the old cels and drawings that bought the magic of Disney to life - it is real 'art' and it is pure majic to own one of these fantastic moments in history

We have 3 cels from the Aristocats 1 from the Little Mermaid and 1 from the Fox and the Hound all Original production cels

They used to sell for a great deal of money but now its not bad at all compared to other art one of my fav places wa the Van eaton gallery and they have got some fantastic drawings from 1935 of this fella

http://www.vegalleries.com/dis-opc/0364hare01.jpg

for $200 its not cheap but its a work of art :D

josh.p.
06-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks for sharing that with me, brilliant and it is a piece of art! I love old film cells and animations etc, especially of torts :yes: Thanks again for showing me! :)

keith
06-15-2009, 08:13 PM
superb! I love looking for cells in the studios and EPCOT :D

josh.p.
06-15-2009, 08:19 PM
superb! I love looking for cells in the studios and EPCOT :D
My sister bought one of Tink, but it was a reproduction so it wasn't as expensive. She also got that man to sketch a picture of tink for her :yes:

Skywatcher
06-16-2009, 07:01 AM
YOu used to be able to get original production cels and drawings in WDW but not for the last 10 years or so its all cheapo knock off stuff now that they sellf or a massively inflated price

I would ratgher have the above drawing done in 1935 and actually used in the short than a photostatted picture of mickey for twice the price!

Tink
06-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow! That is GREAT!!! What is it from though? I don't recognize the character? :unsure:

I love torts and turtles in general so would like to have that drawing, just because! :D

Thanks for sharing, Doc. :hug2:

Skywatcher
06-16-2009, 02:49 PM
From the tortoise and the hare 1935 :D